Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1745475 times)

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #7680 on: July 17, 2014, 02:20:39 pm »

Went and checked the url code for a date rage. You can just add this to the end of a search address;

&tbs=cdr:1,cd_max:dd/mm/yyyy

There is also a date range search term that uses the julian calender...

With only 40-60 or less of those in Ukraine before this whole mess it's probably a good bet they can either track the vehicle that fired this or show that it came from Russia and it's larger pool of vehicles.  Or maybe Belarus wants to take the rap?

I was seeing ~20-40 in Crimea alone at the time of it's occupation. Also seeing reports of wider Ukrainian deployment, including close to this region back in March. I think there is a reasonable chance it was a captured or defected vehicle. Which is better for Russia if still a long way from good.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7681 on: July 17, 2014, 02:23:08 pm »

That was posted on June 29th. Deleted today. I wonder why. Maybe because it's incriminating evidence

you know, possibly
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 02:24:52 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7682 on: July 17, 2014, 02:28:27 pm »

You know, whatever tracking radar system that they use, wouldn't the transponders have shown up on their radar? Not that the BUK systems would neccesarily be programmed to display transponder info.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7683 on: July 17, 2014, 02:28:59 pm »

You know, whatever tracking radar system that they use, wouldn't the transponders have shown up on their radar? Not that the BUK systems would neccesarily be programmed to display transponder info.

On a civilian radar system?  Seems doubtful.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7684 on: July 17, 2014, 02:31:41 pm »

On a civilian radar system?  Seems doubtful.
I doubt missiles are designed to be easily spotted by radar.

*facepalm* I mean wouldn't the transponder(s) of the civillian jet have shown up on the radar of the BUK? No idea whether the transponder info would show up on the BUKs radar though.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 02:35:14 pm by smjjames »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7685 on: July 17, 2014, 02:37:59 pm »

Yeah the transponder probably would have said it was a civilian aircraft if the crew was professional enough to check for that...
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7686 on: July 17, 2014, 02:39:46 pm »

Yeah the transponder probably would have said it was a civilian aircraft if the crew was professional enough to check for that...

If.
This is a blank sig.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #7687 on: July 17, 2014, 02:47:58 pm »

That was posted on June 29th. Deleted today. I wonder why. Maybe because it's incriminating evidence
If we are completely honest, there is also a possibility that the plane wasn't shot down by rebels but they still decided to delete that post just to make sure people wouldn't blame them anyway.

But anyway, this is some serious shit.  :(
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7688 on: July 17, 2014, 02:54:17 pm »

*Looks at Lav's post*... *Facepalms*... *Stops himself from arguing with him*

We are talking about old Soviet stuff here, that means nothing more than basic friend or foe recognition.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7689 on: July 17, 2014, 02:58:11 pm »

It must be older then I thought  :o
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7690 on: July 17, 2014, 03:10:22 pm »

*Reads news*

So...

Lusitania anyone?
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7691 on: July 17, 2014, 03:13:00 pm »

Getting early reports via the WSJ that US intelligence detected a ground launch, but apparently are 'divided' over the origin of the missile.

Although the reported division is whether it came from Russia (!) or Eastern Ukraine. Given it had previously been assumed it was rebels in Eastern Ukraine that's not really what I'd expected.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7692 on: July 17, 2014, 03:29:35 pm »

*Reads news*

So...

Lusitania anyone?

Historically, Belarus was always hit first during any invasion of Russia by Western countries: in 1812, 1914 and in 1941, and always got devastated by the fighting. Last time it happened, we lost approximately 2 200 000 people - about 33% of our population.
Since the plane crash can possibly be used by the US government and NATO as as pretext for war against Russia, I'm rather concerned with the recent events.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 03:33:14 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7693 on: July 17, 2014, 03:40:59 pm »

Historically, Belarus was always hit first during any invasion of Russia by Western countries: in 1812, 1914 and in 1941, and always got devastated by the fighting. Last time it happened, we lost approximately 2 200 000 people - about 33% of our population.
Since the plane crash can possibly be used by the US government and NATO as as pretext for war against Russia, I'm rather concerned with the recent events.

Perhaps if Belarus was no longer so closely allied with Russia and positioned against the West it would no longer be such a target? The purpose of the Warsaw Pact puppet states was to slow down an invasion of the Eastern Bloc by the West, ensuring that the fighting wouldn't go on in good Soviet territory. Belarus right now is in the same position, although as GrizzlyAdams says the idea of a US/NATO invasion of Russia and Belarus is about as likely as Russia and Belarus being invaded by the Scrin.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 03:50:21 pm by Owlbread »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #7694 on: July 17, 2014, 03:48:53 pm »

Humbug to your US/NATO invasion of Russia & Belarus. Doesn't even register.

And humbug to 'maybe Belarus shouldn't be friendly to Russia if they don't want to get smashed', that's humoring the 'Belarus gets invaded' logic and isn't really constructive.

I'd be much more worried about Chinese reaction, (how many of those 300 were Chinese citizens?).
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 1393