Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1745766 times)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #7620 on: July 17, 2014, 06:35:03 am »

I apologize if I sounded patronizing before. But yeah, you should definitely do SOMETHING, that's for sure. If that Su-25 was really downed by Russians, then people must be held responsible, sanctions must be had. I know this in the end would be only a moral victory at best, but what can you do.  :(

Also, no-one said a word about this:
Dutch state liable over 300 Srebrenica deaths

For those of you who don't know, Srebrenica massacre happened during Balkan wars, Bosnian-Serbian conflict specifically, and is considered one of the worst when it comes to post-WWII massacres in Europe.

Sadly, there were more than 7000 people killed, those 300 are sort of a "special" case. What a mess...  :-\

Did the plane cross into the russian side of the border? Because governments can shoot down unauthorized foreign aircraft with impunity.

They can?
IIRC depends on a country on how much of a warning they give you but yeah, I herd the same.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7621 on: July 17, 2014, 06:37:34 am »

Did the plane cross into the russian side of the border? Because governments can shoot down unauthorized foreign aircraft with impunity.

They can?
I'm pretty sure that's the case, since you are invading foreign airspace with an armed vehicle.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7622 on: July 17, 2014, 06:42:21 am »

pretty much the same thing as somebody running a tank through the border

it's pretty logical to shoot that into pieces innit

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7623 on: July 17, 2014, 08:41:38 am »

In other Ukrainian news:
What's this about Azov Battalion and supposed neo-Nazi association?
'On the other hand, "there is even one liberal, though I don't know how he got there"'
Obligatory 'just here to troll.'

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7624 on: July 17, 2014, 10:19:44 am »

Unconfirmed: MALAYSIA AIRLINES FLIGHT #MH17 CRASHED, SHORTLY BEFORE REACHING RUSSIAN AIR SPACE FROM UKRAINE 395 PEOPLE ON BOARD

Hope it is nothing more than one more bad rumor....
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7625 on: July 17, 2014, 10:22:39 am »

Unconfirmed: MALAYSIA AIRLINES FLIGHT #MH17 CRASHED, SHORTLY BEFORE REACHING RUSSIAN AIR SPACE FROM UKRAINE 395 PEOPLE ON BOARD
Hope it is nothing more than one more bad rumor....
Still just an old rumour.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7626 on: July 17, 2014, 10:34:27 am »

Looks like there is something to it.
A Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777-200, registration 9M-MRD performing flight MH-17 from Amsterdam (Netherlands) to Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) with 280 passengers and 15 crew, was enroute at FL330 about 50nm northwest of Donetsk (Ukraine) when the transponder signal was lost at FL330 at position N48.56 E37.21 at 13:43Z.

Interfax reports citing an industry source that a Malaysia Boeing 777 from Amsterdam to Malaysia has crashed near the Ukrainian/Russian border, the burning wreckage has been located. The aircraft has been shot down, the agency subsequently added.

Malaysia Airlines have confirmed an incident, the aircraft did not enter Russian Airspace so far, about two hours after the estimated entry into the airspace.
BBC has just started a live page tracking updates.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7627 on: July 17, 2014, 10:40:34 am »

Well, too early to blame Russia, the place is full of trigger happy rebels with MANPADS, who knows who shot that jet.

Also, does the Republika Sprska paid reparations for Srebrenica?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7628 on: July 17, 2014, 10:42:33 am »

Aircraft was shot down?

Ooooh dear. This is going to be bad for whomever shot it down.
I'm probably going to bet on some separatist with either stole ukranian or "donated" russian equipment.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7630 on: July 17, 2014, 10:46:27 am »

Well, too early to blame Russia, the place is full of trigger happy rebels with MANPADS, who knows who shot that jet.
Manpads reach 4kms max. Passenger jets fly at heights around 10kms and higher. THat is the reason why airspace over that zone was never closed for passenger aviation

You need a real SAM to shot down an aircraft flying that high
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7631 on: July 17, 2014, 10:47:30 am »

Russia confirmed for terrorist state?
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7632 on: July 17, 2014, 10:52:06 am »

That's what I was thinking. Ukraine might have shot it down for some reason, Russia might have, or the guys shooting down anything they can in eastern Ukraine might have.

Has Ukraine done any false flag operations to this point?  Have they made any false reports that can not be explained by the fog or war?  Compare that to the Russians boldfaced lies every step along the way.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7633 on: July 17, 2014, 10:55:22 am »

The plane was shot down with a surface to air missile. It was carrying 295 people.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7634 on: July 17, 2014, 10:56:46 am »

An advisor to the Ukrainian interior minister, Anton Gerashenko, says the plane was flying at an altitude of 10,000 metres (33,000 feet) when it was "hit by a missile fired from a Buk launcher", [link added] in a post on his Facebook page, according to the Associated Press.

The Associated Press says one of its journalists saw a similar launcher near the eastern Ukrainian town of Snizhe earlier on Thursday.
The Buk definitely has the ability to hit 10,000m (max 25km). The AP report, no real extra details.

There have also been reports that the rebels were boasting of shooting down a plane earlier, but can't tell if the times line up.
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 1393