Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1746694 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #7320 on: July 04, 2014, 01:49:23 pm »

Oh come on.

Let's talk about migration instead. Greek authorities rescued more boat travellers crossing the Aegean. What's Bay 12's answer to the issue?

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7321 on: July 04, 2014, 02:06:37 pm »

Oh come on.

Let's talk about migration instead. Greek authorities rescued more boat travellers crossing the Aegean. What's Bay 12's answer to the issue?

It's a terrible thing. People are just seeking a better life in Europe which is completely understandable considering where they're coming from. I think the answer is to make it easier for them to travel over and work here despite coming from outside the EU. If transport can also be provided for them, or made legal, then that will take things out of the hands of the people traffickers.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 02:21:57 pm by Owlbread »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7322 on: July 04, 2014, 02:14:17 pm »

Yeah, become less tight-ass about our welcming of refugees (we take a tiny proportion of what way poorer countries take in), and create a work visa program to kill illegal immigration.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7323 on: July 04, 2014, 02:42:39 pm »

we take a tiny proportion because we're not lebanon or another country right next to a shitstorm, if you want to change that then i am not on your side entirely because of either causing a shitstorm on our doorstep (just why) or annexing land right next to a shitstorm (for what purpose)

that or you can just go ahead and start airlifting the refugees with one of the giant transporters the americans use that's a good way to blow our wealth on something pointless because if we committed to that we'd soon become just as wealthy as the places we'd be lifting from

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7324 on: July 04, 2014, 02:47:44 pm »

Sorry, but lowering military spending of NATO countries is not wise especially when Russia has been raising theirs each year for the last few years.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7325 on: July 04, 2014, 02:49:28 pm »

Sorry, but lowering military spending of NATO countries is not wise especially when Russia has been raising theirs each year for the last few years.
US has a military budget that is larger than all other countries combined, and US is the NATO's leader.
._.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7326 on: July 04, 2014, 02:54:16 pm »

The US is all over the place militarily, has all sorts of fancy expensive equipment, and is separated from Europe by the second-largest ocean on Earth.
Plus the wages in Western countries are way higher - raw numbers mean little when talking about military power.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7327 on: July 04, 2014, 02:57:46 pm »

US has a military budget that is larger than all other countries combined, and US is the NATO's leader.
Actually, the Secretary-General has always been traditionally a European, as in he leads it. While the Supreme Allied Commander Europe has been an American. So we should leave all defensive and interventional means to the US? That is an excellent idea and tell me why should the US stay in NATO if the other member states keep their contributions to the bare minimum? Maintaining NATO is expensive.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7328 on: July 04, 2014, 02:59:14 pm »

if they want to have "support" in operations in the next country they "liberate", they should bloody well pay for it

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7329 on: July 04, 2014, 03:03:09 pm »

Being in NATO does and should give every member state responsibilities and duties. If you want collective defence then you should very well contribute in what NATO is doing or support other member states, otherwise there is no point for NATO.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 03:04:47 pm by vagel7 »

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7330 on: July 04, 2014, 05:41:05 pm »

RT has published a document claimed to be a memo by RAND Corporation to Ukrainian president Poroshenko on the optimal plan of conducting "anti-terrorist" operations in Eastern Ukraine. The document describes in detail what punitive measures should be taken against the civilian population of Eastern Ukraine by the Ukrainian army.
The documents have been originally posted on beforeitsnews.com, hidden in an enormous mass of articles like "Aliens Run Secret NSA Base Say Whistleblowers" and "Irrefutable Proof That Michelle Obama Is A Man 24/7 (Video)".

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #7331 on: July 04, 2014, 05:44:07 pm »

It's RT.

If they told me grass was green I wouldn't believe them.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7332 on: July 04, 2014, 05:46:23 pm »

Reads like really really bad propaganda. Internment camps for the whole male population? Donbas industry being destroyed called an advantage? Seriously?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7333 on: July 04, 2014, 05:49:50 pm »

Reads like really really bad propaganda. Internment camps for the whole male population? Donbas industry being destroyed called an advantage? Seriously?
I should point out that back in early June, the Ukrainian Minister of Defence proclaimed that residents of Donbass will be put into filtration camps.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7334 on: July 04, 2014, 05:51:11 pm »

Well shit, if a printed word document with a ripped logo and in the wrong language is all you need for proof of conspiracy, then I have some people to get impeached.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 1393