Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 486 487 [488] 489 490 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1746672 times)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #7305 on: July 04, 2014, 11:55:11 am »

Oh, I'm sure money spent on that carrier could be well spent in other ways that would directly influence the well-being of the small people.

But I'm just saying, that double-tower design coupled with straight runway that curves upwards - why, this is on par with Russian carriers design. And that's saying something.

As for it being a penis extension - you know, the whole concept of an aircraft carrier is of one big phallic floating object that from it's insides shoots tiny high-speed projectiles designed to penetrate enemy airspace.
And let's not get started on battleships with their heavy, pounding, multi-barreled devices meant to deliver explosive content over long distance.

Whole damn concept of a navy is one big penis, dammit.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #7306 on: July 04, 2014, 12:02:38 pm »

Sinistar is right.

Screw Scotpoors, cool ships are the way to go.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7307 on: July 04, 2014, 12:08:40 pm »

On aircraft carriers - I will say, UK's new addition to it's fleet look pretty damn sexy.
Good luck waiting on the first delivery of over-priced, overdeveloped mess that is F-35 though.
It's ok because the Americans wasted all their money on r&d, we only have to buy it. As far as airplanes go, I'd prefer something else to the F-35 but the typhoon isn't a good alternative for a carrier ship.

Oh, I'm sure money spent on that carrier could be well spent in other ways that would directly influence the well-being of the small people.
Could have, it also would have meant that the Navy would have had no carrier and so lost any ability to project its force anywhere where industrialized nations were.

As for it being a penis extension - you know, the whole concept of an aircraft carrier is of one big phallic floating object that from it's insides shoots tiny high-speed projectiles designed to penetrate enemy airspace.
That would be a pretty extraordinary penis; and I'm all for penis metaphors and similes.

And let's not get started on battleships with their heavy, pounding, multi-barreled devices meant to deliver explosive content over long distance.
Battleships will never fight each other again :(

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7308 on: July 04, 2014, 12:12:56 pm »

Could have, it also would have meant that the Navy would have had no carrier and so lost any ability to project its force anywhere where industrialized nations were.

Which is bad because...? Like, can you seriously name a single scenario where that capability would be needed?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7309 on: July 04, 2014, 12:13:54 pm »

Which is bad because...? Like, can you seriously name a single scenario where that capability would be needed?
An industrialized nation declaring war on Britain?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7310 on: July 04, 2014, 12:16:14 pm »

Or Argentina deciding it wants Falklends back.
._.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7311 on: July 04, 2014, 12:18:34 pm »

They never had them to begin with.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #7312 on: July 04, 2014, 12:19:29 pm »

Don't forget about Putin deciding to liberate the Russians living on the Falklands.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7313 on: July 04, 2014, 12:24:05 pm »

Money could have been spent better, but that thing is sexy. For an aircraft carrier, at least.
Things the British military need:
  • 1] Codebreakers
  • 2] Submarines
  • 3] Nukes
  • 4] Carriers
Science vessels also god damn sexy

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7314 on: July 04, 2014, 01:02:07 pm »

They never had them to begin with.
Correction: wants to capture them again.
._.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7315 on: July 04, 2014, 01:14:53 pm »

• 1] Codebreakers
  • 2] Submarines
  • 3] Nukes
  • 4] Carriers
  • 1] Better psychiatric care with regard to trauma and also adjusting to civilian life
  • 2] Better pay
  • 3] Better vocational training for post-service careers
  • 4] To be integrated into society as in other countries like Switzerland, not kept as some kind of other society-within-a-society
  • 5] To be completely disbanded and replaced with a restructured, downsized Defence Force with operations restricted to British territories and select regiments being deployed for peacekeeping purposes.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7316 on: July 04, 2014, 01:18:51 pm »

• 1] Codebreakers
  • 2] Submarines
  • 3] Nukes
  • 4] Carriers
  • 1] Better psychiatric care with regard to trauma and also adjusting to civilian life
  • 2] Better pay
  • 4] To be integrated into society as in other countries like Switzerland, not kept as some kind of other society-within-a-society
  • 5] To be completely disbanded and replaced with a restructured, downsized Defence Force with operations restricted to British territories and select regiments being deployed for peacekeeping purposes.
6] Lifetime tea supply for every single soldier and officer.
._.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7317 on: July 04, 2014, 01:29:14 pm »

6] Lifetime tea supply for every single soldier and officer.

This. Also free pints of lager in pubs and permission to keep their uniform after they leave so they can keep impressing the ladies like the Americans can. Or whatever it is they do. Go to political rallies and be controversial/inspirational I suppose.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7318 on: July 04, 2014, 01:34:26 pm »

• 2] Better pay
  • 1] You mean better than the current system that was rated: excellent for clinical care and excellent for financial management by the Care Quality Commission and described by the House of Commons Defence Committee as world class care?
  • 2] The armed forces have gotten the highest public sector pay award in Britain.
  • 3] The armed forces quite literally fund scholarship and bursaries for education both before and after joining the military.
  • 4] Unless you're supposing pourtsmouth has been absorbed by London I don't know what you mean.
  • 5] WOT

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7319 on: July 04, 2014, 01:41:42 pm »

owlbread wants to demilitarize england so that scotland can take it over and engage in the same kind of bullshit scotland endured, but with the english on the receiving end

it's like tumblr feminism
Pages: 1 ... 486 487 [488] 489 490 ... 1393