Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1747569 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #7035 on: June 27, 2014, 03:59:48 pm »

At this rate, I'll be surprised if it won't end in some form of junta. I can't imagine the Right Sector or Maidan guys to be happy with that course of action.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7036 on: June 27, 2014, 05:09:20 pm »

Yeah, and some formerly apolitical soldiers want revenge and may dislike "OK, peace now" plan.

I think some guys here underestimate the scale of the events. Sad numbers

Here is the list of confirmed losses among Ukrainian servicemen. (In Ukrainian)
today it reached 200 mark.

Also there are list of more or less confirmed 58 civilian causalities in Eastern Ukraine + 45 from Odessa events + 114 from Maydan times. Losses of Pro-Russian combatants are hard to count and there are a lot of disinformation, but I think it is obvious that it can't be low

How many unknown civilians lost their lives in the lawless war-zone is unknown. Also, I am far from assuming that Ukrainian government informs about all losses among our Servicemen (especially when it comes to volunteers from other countries who break a lot of laws)

My estimate of the cumulative deaths: beyond thousand at the very least.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: June 28, 2014, 04:53:59 am »

still doing better than a lot of arab spring countries, let's hope it doesn't go much further than this

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7038 on: June 28, 2014, 05:14:59 am »

When the one positive thing you can say about a country is "At least it's not Syria", you know that country is fucked.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7039 on: June 28, 2014, 05:22:17 am »

of course i can say more positive things about ukraine you're silly

it's an engrish palooza, more or less everyone wears adidas, lviv is noice, the trains are always an adventure, roshen is delicious except when it's not

also borscht i guess

you sir are being impolite in your assumptions of a country's fuckedness

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: June 28, 2014, 05:24:44 am »

it's an engrish palooza, more or less everyone wears adidas, lviv is noice, the trains are always an adventure, roshen is delicious except when it's not

also borscht i guess

When is Roshen un-delicious?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: June 28, 2014, 05:26:33 am »

also borscht i guess

When is Roshen un-delicious?

when you have tastes that are not roshen

i couldn't handle any of their cakes that i got my hands on for instance

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: June 28, 2014, 05:37:10 am »

LordSlowPoke, why do you refuse to capitalize anything? I mean, by this point I more or less got used to it, but still, why?

In other news, Cameron, Gold Medal in Failing Europe at the Diplomacy Olympics lost the vote for the Junker nomination 26-2. It was wildly expected and he probably just wanted the vote for symbolic reasons (as a token of Euroskepticism for his backbenchers and UKIP voters) but it's still significant that the only other leader that sided with him was Viktor "So what if I like to fuck Constitutions, don't judge me!" Orban of Hungary.

This is getting bad. Cameron has managed to upset just about everyone, and I just can't see him getting anything substantial before the referendum. Well, let's hop for a Labour victory then.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7043 on: June 28, 2014, 05:47:41 am »

When the one positive thing you can say about a country is "At least it's not Syria", you know that country is fucked.
I am afraid that soon "At least it's not Ukraine" will be applied to Syria....
Because one more month of Poroshenko acting like that and I have little doubts that we'll get another revolution and that one has a potential to be very nasty
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: June 28, 2014, 07:05:32 am »

Not as nasty as millions of refugees and thousands of people dying every day.
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: June 28, 2014, 07:20:04 am »

Well, who knows... The thing is, as long as the conflict doesn't become an ethnic one, the potential for horrors is limited. But of course, the longer it goes on, the bigger the risk it could turn ethnic.

BTW, my dad got a new bracelet from Ukraine.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 07:30:07 am by Sheb »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: June 28, 2014, 10:19:48 am »

Your dad certainly likes bracelets.

Anyways, Russia is claiming that the US is fuelling the crisis. My response is, who are the aggressors here, who invaded Ukraine?

The whole situation is complex geopolitically and it's possible there is US influence somewhere, but pushing the Ukraine leadership towards confrontation? We're pusing in the opposite direction and that's pretty close (or a step in the direction) to calling the Ukraine leadership puppets of the US.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/us-fuelling-ukraine-crisis-russian-foreign-minister-claims-1.1849174

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: June 28, 2014, 10:23:20 am »

who are the aggressors here, who invaded Ukraine?

north korea

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: June 28, 2014, 11:13:11 am »

Well, who knows... The thing is, as long as the conflict doesn't become an ethnic one, the potential for horrors is limited. But of course, the longer it goes on, the bigger the risk it could turn ethnic.
I don't believe in Ethnic conflict in Ukraine. It is not that. Thousands of ethnic Russians fight on both sides. Same goes for Ethnic Ukrainians.

It is a war of Liberals+Nationalists against Soviets (I can't find a better word to describe that ideology) . What is worrisome: Growing dissent among nationalists who dislike course of Liberals. I mean not Right sector or Svoboda but less organized guys with nationalistic ideas

Neither Right Sector nor Svoboda will act against current government unless no acting will be worse than creating a very dangerous chaos.
Svoboda is a member of the current revolution, Right Sector delivers it's men to the national guard and say almost nothing negative about our current president and government

Problem is that guys who I call "fresh nationalist". Many people who became nationalists after the recent events. That is great in long term (from my, Far-right guy point of view) but in short term... they lack political wisdom.
I dislike the overall strategy of government and armed forces, but I know that acting against them during the war is a crime against the nation.

That young, passionate people are overfilled with hate and desire swift revenge. There are many of them, they believe in easy solutions of complex problems, they are easy to provoke to action, they have no patience and political wisdom. That ceasefire pisses me... They are getting mad because of that

On other hand...
I am amazed that there are almost no attacks on Russian embassy, businesses and citizens. There are some cases of cars with Russian number plates spontaneously igniting at night. Some cases of decorating of Russian banks\shops\embassy with offensive graffiti\eggs\shit but nothing truly violent.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: June 28, 2014, 01:13:05 pm »

Your dad certainly likes bracelets.

Anyways, Russia is claiming that the US is fuelling the crisis. My response is, who are the aggressors here, who invaded Ukraine?

The whole situation is complex geopolitically and it's possible there is US influence somewhere, but pushing the Ukraine leadership towards confrontation? We're pusing in the opposite direction and that's pretty close (or a step in the direction) to calling the Ukraine leadership puppets of the US.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/us-fuelling-ukraine-crisis-russian-foreign-minister-claims-1.1849174
Well, even if the Crimea hasn't been taken over by Russia, Ukraine would still join NATO, resulting in Russian forces being booted out of the Sevastopol naval base and, most importantly, NATO military buildup on Russian borders. Our dear comrade Owlbread would probably say that NATO military buildup would pose no threat to Russia because NATO is obviously not planning to attack it and wants to cooperate instead, but history shows that friendship treaties and various kinds of mutual cooperation are not a guarantee against invasions.
Any American actions in Eastern Europe resulting in instalment of pro-American governments in countries bordering Russia poses a clear threat to Russia.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 1393