Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1747807 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #6975 on: June 25, 2014, 03:28:22 pm »

Wait....we aren't out to get them?

I was just warming up my bogeyman routine. Oh well.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6976 on: June 25, 2014, 03:53:57 pm »

Tell me how these 20th century world-war analogies can lead to anything positive or constructive in relation to dealing with Russian expansionist nationalism and ambition in 2014?

Spoiler: Hmmmmm (click to show/hide)

To be more serious, speeding up Russian economical collapse is a way to go. And be ready for conventional (or countersabotage or anti-Russian backed terrorism  defensive war. Invading or large scale bombing of Russia is useless
I understand that Europe

Why I am sure that Russian economy will collapse even without sanctions? Because that highly corrupt authoritarian soon to be totalitarian system can't maintain healthy economic climate and no amount of natural resources can change that.  Of cause that may take a decade, or two...

Speaking about economy - As expected, Crimea is enjoying "the best" tourism season ever. Plus some minor stuff like almost no banks left, Passenger Jets flying only to Russia, closed major ports, freelance IT workers moving to other place to live and so on
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6977 on: June 25, 2014, 04:27:25 pm »

They already have anti-russia backed terrorism from Chechenya, and terrorism is just going to harden the popular opinion against Ukraine.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6978 on: June 25, 2014, 04:37:38 pm »

I meant "pseudo-russian" as in "not a Russian citizen* but identifies as Russian in their speech".

I suppose that could be neo-Soviet, but I don't think that's quite the right connotation.

Spoiler: * (click to show/hide)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6979 on: June 25, 2014, 04:52:06 pm »

Albania gained candidate status. I keep thinking about how cool their flag looks.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6980 on: June 25, 2014, 05:14:51 pm »

It looks like the West really is out to get us.

welp
._.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6981 on: June 25, 2014, 05:15:44 pm »

Tell me how these 20th century world-war analogies can lead to anything positive or constructive in relation to dealing with Russian expansionist nationalism and ambition in 2014?

I've never seen anything more seeming with hatred towards Russia and Russians since the times of Nazi propaganda. It's a brilliant find for any Russian propagandist.
The lyrics (?) slightly remind me of this Yugoslav Wars-era Serbian nationalist song full of sheer love and friendship towards former brotherly peoples of former Yugoslavia on the other side of the front line.

EDIT:

welp
Don't worry Sergarr - the average Joe in Western countries doesn't hate Russia and Russians, as many American forum members would tell you. A few years of intense propaganda from all major media outlets will surely fix this, though!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 05:27:07 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6982 on: June 25, 2014, 07:03:16 pm »

Guardian, next to nobody in the West hates Russia. I'm probably one of the people you're referring to, and I frickin love it! Really looking forward to visiting St. Petersburg again sometime... There's lots of people who are afraid of Russia, though - I think I already mentioned my grandfather was worried about me getting drafted, didn't I?
The thing is, Russia as a country is great, but for one second try to imagine what Putin's actions look like from outside of Russia. Or, maybe better, think of rabid Republicans in the US who claim that Russia is the no. 1 geopolitical enemy, and do an east-west flip.

You're like that really great guy who's fun to be around, but who has sudden outbursts of violence, self-esteem issues and a drinking problem. I.e. not someone you want to be around with without a well-thought-out backup plan.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6983 on: June 25, 2014, 07:20:03 pm »

Actually, the Republicans have been getting increasingly cozy with Putin. His right-wing agenda and religious rhetoric resonates with them.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6984 on: June 26, 2014, 01:27:30 am »

Obviously this is because we are the final boss of the world.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6985 on: June 26, 2014, 07:21:41 am »

I've never seen anything more seeming with hatred towards Russia and Russians since the times of Nazi propaganda. It's a brilliant find for any Russian propagandist.

The verse is written by a Russian, BTW. Very far from being as bright as his Russian verses  :) Show me hate toward Russians here, I see desire to destroy the country here

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6986 on: June 26, 2014, 07:44:58 am »

Russia is a country full of great culture and all that. But it has always been a very imperialistic and dangerous country. Hell, the Baltics do a lot of business with Russia, but are always very careful because experience shows that screwing over foreigners is something that is done as a sport.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

ivze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6987 on: June 26, 2014, 02:12:46 pm »

The verse is written by a Russian, BTW. Very far from being as bright as his Russian verses  :) Show me hate toward Russians here, I see desire to destroy the country here

With all this hatred... U mad, bro :P

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6988 on: June 26, 2014, 02:37:40 pm »

welp
we come 4 u

we come 4 u n tak eurovision vot

vot 4 berd womyn

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6989 on: June 26, 2014, 03:09:48 pm »

All of that made 100% sense.

Except the Mushroom bit. Man eating mushrooms? Never mind man eating, is there even a such thing as a carnivorous mushroom?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 1393