Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1748437 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #6870 on: June 21, 2014, 06:47:48 pm »

Given what Owlbread has said in the past, he would say that, and would probably further say that the current "Russia" is just as harmful to actual Russians as it is to everybody else within it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6871 on: June 21, 2014, 06:50:15 pm »

Given what Owlbread has said in the past, he would say that, and would probably further say that the current "Russia" is just as harmful to actual Russians as it is to everybody else within it.

This. I fully believe that Russia should be an independent country and support those who work towards that goal. Hopefully I will see it within my lifetime.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 06:51:47 pm by Owlbread »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6872 on: June 21, 2014, 06:56:48 pm »

Personally, I believe we should all return to city states!

The ancients had it right.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #6873 on: June 21, 2014, 08:02:34 pm »

Me, I'd go one farther and say everyone should have the inalienable right of secession. Why have "Free Venice" or the "Manhattan Commune" when you could have "The Republic of Jim's House" or "39 Pine Street Kingdom"?
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6874 on: June 21, 2014, 08:04:42 pm »

World federation, founded on the principles of rule of law and subsidiarity.

Does anyone else want to suggest a model?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6875 on: June 21, 2014, 10:42:25 pm »

Except there was more conflict between competing city states, so, not neccesarily a good thing.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6876 on: June 21, 2014, 11:18:21 pm »

Me, I'd go one farther and say everyone should have the inalienable right of secession. Why have "Free Venice" or the "Manhattan Commune" when you could have "The Republic of Jim's House" or "39 Pine Street Kingdom"?

Can I come over to your house and then secede with your best shit?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6877 on: June 21, 2014, 11:37:58 pm »

Except there was more conflict between competing city states, so, not neccesarily a good thing.

I wasn't being serious.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #6878 on: June 22, 2014, 12:07:29 am »

Can I come over to your house and then secede with your best shit?
By god, HE'S TAKEN THE FRIDGE INTO THE BATHROOM & BARRICADED THE DOOR! (with the fridge!)
The Republic of Jim's House no longer has indoor plumbing, hygiene is a nation-wide catastrophe, and their food supplies have dwindled to ZERO! Starvation & disease will begin within days!
WE NEED UN INTERVENTION!
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6879 on: June 22, 2014, 02:50:43 am »

And then GreatJustice was an AnCap.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6880 on: June 22, 2014, 02:52:08 am »

See, in the instance of the Republic of Dave's house, all that would happen is houses with the similar values would band together to protect shared interests, and establish a system of lawmaking, checks and balances and so on to enshrine rights and responsibility in those who lived in the houses. Then you might find whole streets subscribing to the values, until you have a town. Then several towns in a region. Then entire regions, either by conflict between values or the sharing of them. All of a sudden, you have successfully reinvented the nation state.
This is a blank sig.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6881 on: June 22, 2014, 02:55:43 am »

This. I fully believe that Russia should be an independent country and support those who work towards that goal. Hopefully I will see it within my lifetime.
I think it will happen sooner than later. There are guys in Russia who want exactly that. And some of them are in Ukraine right now. Fighting Russians sent by Putin....

Putin started yet another war that has a Russians kill Russians part (both ethnic Russians of Ukraine and actual Russian citizens that arrived as volunteers) and millions love him for that :(
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 02:57:23 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6882 on: June 22, 2014, 02:57:31 am »

How does Sealand play into the mix?
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6883 on: June 22, 2014, 08:32:15 am »

I think it will happen sooner than later. There are guys in Russia who want exactly that. And some of them are in Ukraine right now. Fighting Russians sent by Putin....

Putin started yet another war that has a Russians kill Russians part (both ethnic Russians of Ukraine and actual Russian citizens that arrived as volunteers) and millions love him for that :(

Um, isn't 'Russia' already an independent country?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6884 on: June 22, 2014, 08:41:48 am »

Think the point they're making is it's an independent country in a similar sense the USA or UK is. Not so much one as several shoved under one banner. Singular more in an administrative sense than cultural.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 1393