Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1744701 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #6600 on: June 13, 2014, 12:28:48 pm »

RT.com guys. RT.com. Neither photo nor Ukrainian border service words are real

If APC did cross the border Most likely it is one of the many APCs  owned by "rebels" that ran away home
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6601 on: June 14, 2014, 04:22:02 am »

40 elite soldiers died because high command are idiots and\or traitors... Black day for Ukrainian army

P.S. The worst is that I don't believe that anyone will be punished for that
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6602 on: June 14, 2014, 04:53:59 am »

In case anyone is wondering what UR is talking about, rebels shot down an Il-76 transport plane with 49 soldiers on board. I seriously wonder who did it, as it require training.

Also, the US confirmed that the tanks we discussed earlier were provided by Russia.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6603 on: June 14, 2014, 05:02:56 am »

In case anyone is wondering what UR is talking about, rebels shot down an Il-76 transport plane with 49 soldiers on board. I seriously wonder who did it, as it require training.

Also, the US confirmed that the tanks we discussed earlier were provided by Russia.

You'd probably need to know how to operate an Igla anti-air missile to shoot down such a plane. I don't think any specific skills would be required to down transport planes attempting to land, other than the skills to get the hell out of your hiding spot before enemy troops arrive.
I'm as much as a military expert as everyone else here, though...

Videos:
Webcam recording showing the moment when the plane was shot down. It's a bit hard to see, though.
The fire at the crash site.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 05:07:04 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6604 on: June 14, 2014, 05:20:59 am »

All that happened is a result of actions like that
Quote from: Press office of the President of Ukraine
The President of Ukraine held phone talks with the President of the Russian Federation

Today in the afternoon President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko held the substantial and continuous phone conversation with President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin.

In course of the conversation the parties discussed the peace plan of Petro Poroshenko to resolve the situation in the east of Ukraine.

The Presidents of Ukraine and Russia have also raised questions concerning steps to be taken to cease fire and resolve the situation peacefully.

Two days later 50 killed by Russians ( I am not gonna use rebel\terrorist\combatant  or whatever. That is soldiers of Russians federation killing soldiers of Ukrainians in a war. Ethnicity or nationality of soldiers mean nothing)

I am pissed that week after inauguration Poroshenko did nothing but talks about his peaceful plan is done

I am pissed that Russian diplomats are not kicked out of the country

I am pissed that we keep any trading with Russia and negotiate the damned gas prices while people are getting killed

I am pissed that state of emergency is not announced...

I am pissed that there  are no response on Russian informational war

I am pissed that we keep supplying occupied Crimea

I am pissed at many more things

I said earlier that Russia has no hopes to win without full-scale intervention or treason from Ukrainian government. It looks like the later is happening

It may be a wave of pessimism after bad news... But I see bloody Maydan-3 soon, real junta... And then utter chaos and destruction of Ukrainian country in its current borders. February revolution is a history,  October revolution is incoming
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 05:34:30 am by Ukrainian Ranger »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6605 on: June 14, 2014, 05:33:50 am »

maidan... 3?

okay, let's get this straight. you're saying the second was just now, and the first was tymoshenko? this isn't exactly important but it's better to keep the records as they should be

and well, i did say something about the junta earlier. best of luck implementing it, it will certainly be tough on your relations with the west (i think poland will be most worried for obvious reasons) but that's also not really important

remember that the longer it takes to begin doing things, the longer/more force it takes to actually get things done, it's a standard rule not one applying to only the current situation

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6606 on: June 14, 2014, 05:39:17 am »

Junta in Ukraine would retroactively justify all the talk about "Ukrainian junta" in Russian media and also give Russia a casus belli to invade Ukraine.
._.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6607 on: June 14, 2014, 05:44:48 am »

-snip-

On Russian (patriotic) internet sites, the mood is similar - everyone is demanding Putin to stop trying to be a diplomatic smartass, send the Russian military into Ukraine to help the pro-Russian forces South Ossetia-style and tell America and the like to go fuck themselves.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 05:57:46 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6608 on: June 14, 2014, 05:45:12 am »

Junta in Ukraine would retroactively justify all the talk about "Ukrainian junta" in Russian media and also give Russia a casus belli to invade Ukraine.

That is why I say that this will be the end of Ukraine... I also will not be surprised to see NATO forces moving from the West to stop fascists (De facto to secure the gas pipes...)

Only Poroshenko can stop that... by acting in an adequate way. Week passed since his inauguration, in times like that it is more than a year

Edit:

Quote from: Poroshenko
All those involved in cynical acts of terrorism of this magnitude must be punished. Ukraine needs peace. However, the terrorists will receive an adequate response," Poroshenko said in a statement released by his press service.
So more than half a day after the event he managed to say just that. Nothing about punishing commanders responsible for that. Nothing about Russian involvement

Ukraine  needs peace... That part makes me mad.  Ukraine needs victory. But with supreme commander like that it is nearly impossible to achieve
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 08:56:02 am by Ukrainian Ranger »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #6609 on: June 14, 2014, 08:57:46 am »

Ukraine needs victory.

Victory over what, I dare to ask?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6610 on: June 14, 2014, 09:02:23 am »

Over Russian invasion and collaborators aiding it. The side that has aviation, tanks and artillery, numerical superiority and support of locals  will win against the side that doesn't have those. Russia can win only with a direct war. Something that will ruin its economy

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6611 on: June 14, 2014, 09:10:40 am »

The side that has aviation, tanks and artillery, numerical superiority and support of locals  will win against the side that doesn't have those.
So... Russia wins?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6612 on: June 14, 2014, 09:20:34 am »

If Russia goes full war,  yes. (and gets economic hit + guerrilla for a long time so doubt Putin is ready to go that route... If he wanted a full scale war he would start in march )
In the current operation undeclared war style of - no. Never. Even with some heavy equipment supplied through the border

Any self-respecting country would react on that. Looks like Ukraine is not a self-respecting country. Our diplomats are silent when tanks of other country enter our territory

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6613 on: June 14, 2014, 09:33:37 am »

How do you figure out a guerilla? Do you really think Russia is full of people who only wait to throw away their government?
Sigs

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6614 on: June 14, 2014, 09:35:30 am »

that.
is kinda terrifying. Putin should've stopped gambling while he was ahead - this kind of behaviour will lead to very dark places.

Comrade P., I think he meant guerilla inside occupied Ukraine.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 1393