Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1745370 times)

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #6450 on: June 11, 2014, 04:28:57 am »

So, Russia 24 had a segment about hordes of grateful Russian tourists boosting Crimea's economy.

Apparently, Crimea was also moved to Brazil. Because that beach is in Rio.

EDIT: Looking at Russia-24's wikipedia page just made me laugh.

The words "Роисся" (Roissya) and 146% should have ticked you off - they are well known memes among Russian liberasts liberals.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6451 on: June 11, 2014, 04:36:46 am »

liberasts
Just a few days ago I heard that term for the first time, apparently our Neo-Nazis have come to embrace it.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6452 on: June 11, 2014, 04:43:49 am »

liberasts
Just a few days ago I heard that term for the first time, apparently our Neo-Nazis have come to embrace it.
Here's a good article explaining the term "Liberast".

Liberasty is a contagious disease that binds the patient’s worldview to a few uninspired principles:

There’s nothing but shit in Russia and it will never improve.
    The state is incompetent by definition, and anything it does only worsens the situation further.
    The Russian people deserve their suffering because they are a herd of brain-dead sheeple.
    Russia must make unconditional concessions and show unflinching obedience to the West.
    This is because the West is, by definition, the beacon of freedom, justice, and rationalism to the entire world, and wishes Russia only the best...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 05:03:58 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6453 on: June 11, 2014, 04:48:15 am »

Which elections, the ones in Belgium?
The EU parliament elections have come under some scrutiny too because of double votes, but I don't think much will come out of it.

Yeah, in Belgium. Specifically the Walloon regional election. We voted for everything but the local council along with the EU elections.

Guardian: indeed. I need to improve my cyrillic though. :p

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6454 on: June 11, 2014, 05:11:44 am »

liberasts
Here's a good article explaining the term "Liberast".

Liberasty is a contagious disease that binds the patient’s worldview to a few uninspired principles:

There’s nothing but shit in Russia and it will never improve.
    The state is incompetent by definition, and anything it does only worsens the situation further.
    The Russian people deserve their suffering because they are a herd of brain-dead sheeple.
    Russia must make unconditional concessions and show unflinching obedience to the West.
    This is because the West is, by definition, the beacon of freedom, justice, and rationalism to the entire world, and wishes Russia only the best...
Well, the word is interesting because it associates "liberalism" with pederasty, thereby making use of the widespread homophobia. Good job on the propaganda front, поцтреот is comparatively lame as a composite insult.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6455 on: June 11, 2014, 05:15:56 am »

I thought the word "liberast" has appeared on it's own, not because someone propaganded it.

._.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6456 on: June 11, 2014, 05:18:40 am »

I thought the word "liberast" has appeared on it's own, not because someone propaganded it.
Well, not propaganda in the sense of state propaganda, but as an insult to an opposing group.

Kicior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6457 on: June 11, 2014, 06:35:54 am »

I thought it's called libertarianism :P
and slippedy sloppidy doo everything is made of fuck

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6458 on: June 11, 2014, 06:49:56 am »

This is because the West is, by definition, the bacon of freedom, justice, and rationalism to the entire world, and wishes Russia only the best...
FTFY

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: June 11, 2014, 06:54:29 am »

I thought it's called libertarianism :P

Not necessarily in Europe.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6460 on: June 11, 2014, 12:00:05 pm »

Word's don't "appear on their own", and the little people are just as capable of devising useful propaganda as the state. (They only lack the resources to propogate it as effectively as the state or media). It definitely seems like an intentional rhetorical gesture, if that's the connotation that people bring to mind (dunno if it is, admittedly).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 12:03:43 pm by GlyphGryph »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6461 on: June 11, 2014, 12:43:39 pm »

Poroshenko doesn't exclude carrying out "a round table" with separatists in Donetsk
I am wondering is that a treason, stupidity or some masterful cunning plan that is beyond my understanding

Giving them time to fortify further and get more men\weapons (not mention all crimes they commit in a lawless area)  is a superb strategy
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6462 on: June 11, 2014, 12:45:06 pm »

Didn't the Ukrainian army have Donetsk surrounded?

And Ukraine appears to be really hammering on their moral higher ground card. Sadly, most nations don't care about moral higher ground.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6463 on: June 11, 2014, 12:58:03 pm »

Didn't the Ukrainian army have Donetsk surrounded?
Not quite. There are enough holes

Besides we'll get another hot spot soon - http://euromaidanpr.com/2014/06/08/russian-terrorists-preparing-another-stronghold-in-donetsk-oblast/  This time with more IFVs and light artillery. And with every day more and more arrive there.  It will not surprise me if tanks will appear before the morning

Instead of stopping that process there are weird moves like round tables initiatives and talks about "understanding" with Russia. Few days later Snizhne will be a fortress that is impossible to take without razing it and\or losing hundreds of our soldiers
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6464 on: June 11, 2014, 01:02:20 pm »

Except you can't kill half of your population.

Where do they get their vehicles from? Stolen from the army?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 1393