Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1745607 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #6375 on: June 08, 2014, 03:40:42 pm »

Lol yeah 240mm howitzer shell bombardment would have resulted in dozens of people dying just from the sound alone, not to forget about the effect they would have dealt on the buildings. Pretty sure one 240mm shell would have blown away all windows in a huge area, too, and I don't see that on these images.

I'm getting tired of that bullshit. Somebody go tell the separatists-irredentists-terrorist people that lying to people is not a good way to make friends and prove their point.
._.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6376 on: June 08, 2014, 03:42:49 pm »

tbh it's the west that started the information war and now ukraine has to deal with the aftermath so both the government and separatists are shouting stupid shit

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6377 on: June 08, 2014, 03:54:27 pm »

tbh it's the west that started the information war and now ukraine has to deal with the aftermath so both the government and separatists are shouting stupid shit

If you think the west started the "information war", and everyone else is just "dealing with the aftermath"... you really haven't been paying attention.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6378 on: June 08, 2014, 03:55:48 pm »

If you think the west started the "information war", and everyone else is just "dealing with the aftermath"... you really haven't been paying attention.

russia is incapable of information war, therefore russia can't start an information war

logic

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6379 on: June 08, 2014, 03:57:22 pm »

...wth are you trying to say? Is that supposed to be serious?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6380 on: June 08, 2014, 04:23:58 pm »

LordSlowpoke, do you think that Ukraine only wages an information war because it was told to do it by the West?

._.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6381 on: June 08, 2014, 05:12:19 pm »

OK, this makes no sense. The 'price' here was entering government with the Conservatives, something that I doubt the party viewed as a price at the time, given the alternatives. What should they have done? Refused to enter the coalition? Weak Lib-Lab coalition or Tory minority government?

What doesn't make sense about this?  If the coalition is giving you bugger all then you don't enter into the coalition.

Nick Clegg wanted to be a kingmaker and instead he ended up the court jester.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6382 on: June 08, 2014, 06:40:49 pm »

Cmon, it's LSP - he's just messing with you.

Probably.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Kicior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6383 on: June 09, 2014, 07:20:32 am »

In Ukraine? Not yet. They are there, but I haven't actually heard any reports of them in combat - but I'm not sure if we would, for the most part?
Not just in Ukraine. Anywhere.

These  Pro-Russians are not the first seperatists Ukraine has ever had, you know...
I don't know, that's why I'm asking :P AFAIR the western part of Ukraine (and Kiev of course) were the first regions to overthrow Yanukowych and Party of Regions and I think these guys were called separatists by some?
and slippedy sloppidy doo everything is made of fuck

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6384 on: June 09, 2014, 07:45:54 am »

Anyway, it appears that it's less than a hundred days or so before the Scottisch referendum.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6385 on: June 09, 2014, 08:06:49 am »

What will the SNP do if there's a No vote?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6386 on: June 09, 2014, 08:49:03 am »

Call in Putin  :P. Seriously, whine a bit and try to negotiate as much autonomy as possible.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6387 on: June 09, 2014, 08:49:46 am »

They will
1. Try not to cry
2. Cry lots
3. Try again next year?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6388 on: June 09, 2014, 08:50:46 am »

Nah, only the EU can make people vote until they vote yes.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6389 on: June 09, 2014, 09:13:11 am »

Call in Putin  :P. Seriously, whine a bit and try to negotiate as much autonomy as possible.

This. They will work as hard as they possibly can to secure "devo max" or full fiscal autonomy. Beyond that, they will wait for a generation then try their hand at the independence campaign again.

As a side note, according to the Yes Campaign's research, undecided voters are shifting to independence at a rate of 2 to 1. For every 10 undecideds, 7 become yes voters and 3 become no voters.
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 1393