Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1745794 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #6330 on: June 07, 2014, 04:12:52 pm »

Reports from both separatists who are a bit wary of the newcomers and their posts about it, from some polish news sites as wel I can see if I can find an English or Ukranian languuage source for you...

This okay? (first googlle linkheh, on phone so can't verify quality too much)
http://anton-shekhovtsov.blogspot.com/2014/06/polish-fascists-are-joining-pro-russian.html?m=1.
Oh, black side of far-wingers...

Well, I hope Ukrainian army will help Poland to cleanse their nation from the guys who may welcome Putin's troops in Poland sometime later.

I find it so strange that many nationalists of Europe like Putin. It is hard to find a country were nationalism is more suppressed than in Russia. I suspect it is that kind of people who think that racism+homophobia=nationalism

I can't believe that Polish nationalists and pro-Russians are going to fight on one side.
This can't be happening.
It makes no sense
I find Don Cossacks and Kadyrov's guys fighting together even more strange :) In fact, Poles and Russian attacking Ukraine is same time is something that happened before

And damn, national guard unit recruited from Maidan Self-Defense  units and Berkut fighting in one trench sounded unreal few months back
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 04:20:08 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6331 on: June 07, 2014, 05:38:40 pm »

In the end the referendum came to nothing, although a lot of that is still on Labour failing to support the vote

Labour was not the ones that the Libs cut a deal with.  The Tories were.  The same Tories who actively campaigned against it.  The law didn't prevent the Tories from doing that but the law didn't compel the Liberal Democrats to play ball either.  Nick Clegg was an idiot to pay such a high price for an empty gesture.  His party will never have that opportunity again and for good reason, they showed they didn't deserve it.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6332 on: June 07, 2014, 06:02:16 pm »

It still doesn't make any sense. Polish nazi-onalists tend to be RABIDLY anti-Russian, and their stance on Ukrainians tends to be more condescension than aggression.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Kicior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6333 on: June 07, 2014, 06:58:32 pm »

Apparently the Ukranian Separitist forces nowcontain a whole lot of Polish Nazis. A group called "Falanga" has pledged their support to the righteous brethren in eastern ukraine and begun shipping over fighters wholesale.
I seriosuly doubt that these falanga guys are actual fighters (more like HURR DURR EUROPE GAY RUSSIA STRONK PAN-SLAVISM FOREVER clowns) and there definetely isn't a whole lot of them. By the way, Bekier's site has been described as a part of Russian information warfare in a report by Centre for Eastern Studies (unfortunately I don't think it's  available in English).
and slippedy sloppidy doo everything is made of fuck

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6334 on: June 07, 2014, 07:46:17 pm »

It still doesn't make any sense. Polish nazi-onalists tend to be RABIDLY anti-Russian, and their stance on Ukrainians tends to be more condescension than aggression.

From what I can tell, there's quite a few far-right "Pan Slavic" nationalists even in Poland. Pan-Slavicism lends itself well to Neo Nazi stuff. After all, Pan-Germanism is central to Nazism.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6335 on: June 07, 2014, 09:58:50 pm »

Reports from both separatists who are a bit wary of the newcomers and their posts about it, from some polish news sites as wel I can see if I can find an English or Ukranian languuage source for you...

This okay? (first googlle linkheh, on phone so can't verify quality too much)
http://anton-shekhovtsov.blogspot.com/2014/06/polish-fascists-are-joining-pro-russian.html?m=1.
Oh, black side of far-wingers...

Well, I hope Ukrainian army will help Poland to cleanse their nation from the guys who may welcome Putin's troops in Poland sometime later.

I find it so strange that many nationalists of Europe like Putin. It is hard to find a country were nationalism is more suppressed than in Russia. I suspect it is that kind of people who think that racism+homophobia=nationalism

Uh, Germany maybe? Russian nationalism doesn't seem very suppressed, at least when it comes to ethnic Russian nationalism.

And yeah I also find it pretty strange that the Polish nationalist people are fighting on the side of the Pro-Russian people, given Polands history.

Add into the fact that there are Chechen fighters over there too (probably unwillingly), it's looking less homegrown and more something else.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 10:03:21 pm by smjjames »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6336 on: June 08, 2014, 12:27:10 am »

I seriosuly doubt that these falanga guys are actual fighters (more like HURR DURR EUROPE GAY RUSSIA STRONK PAN-SLAVISM FOREVER clowns) and there definetely isn't a whole lot of them. By the way, Bekier's site has been described as a part of Russian information warfare in a report by Centre for Eastern Studies (unfortunately I don't think it's  available in English).
It looks like Falanga has been shipping off members to do stints of combat tourism for a while now, and have apparently done stints in places like Syria. Doesn't make them badasses of course, but they're probably more skilled than a lot of the genuine Ukranians fighting.

Also, like I said, link was just the first thing I found, I've seen it in a number of other sources as well.

http://censor.net.ua/video_news/285915/luganskie_terroristy_otlavlivayut_i_izbivayut_afrikantsev_priem_u_nas_na_vysshem_urovne_video
Looks like the Pro-russian's are also rounding up immigrants and minorities, yanking them off the streets and "detaining" them, in addition to declaring martial law. So it seems like the sort of thing that would be right up the Polish Nazi's alley, when you think about it? The Polish group also supported Western separatists too, though, so I think they just really want to see Ukraine break up.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 12:32:07 am by GlyphGryph »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6337 on: June 08, 2014, 12:42:35 am »

smjjames
Neo-nazism feels itself nice in Russia. Russian imperialism is even encouraged by propaganda. Racism is ignored as long as doesn't go violent without a permission. But ethnic nationalism? I think not

Ethnic nationalism is based on traditions. On small things: Classical literature, folk songs, national clothes, historical myths, centuries old holidays and more stuff like that. It is a basis

All of that is far from being important for Russian government or majority of Russian people

Ethnic nationalism cares about ethnic territories remaining more or less homogeneous vehemently opposing any large scale (im)migration in core territory. Russian government ignores that as long as migrants are loyal to it.   

Ethnic nationalism cares about traditional morals. And not, that is not "Gays should be burned alive." or "Husband has a right to beat his wife" stuff. It is more "Having Proper families is essential for a health of the nation"

Again, Russian "nationalistic" Spends no more effort on propagandizing that than Western Europe
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6338 on: June 08, 2014, 01:07:27 am »

Russia does not have ethnic territories, because there are no ethnic Russians. Russians are citizens of Russia, simple as that. Ethnicity, gender, all these animal-like things do not matter!
._.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6339 on: June 08, 2014, 04:39:42 am »

Russia does not have ethnic territories, because there are no ethnic Russians. Russians are citizens of Russia, simple as that. Ethnicity, gender, all these animal-like things do not matter!
Wouldn't that be nice, huh :P

Kicior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6340 on: June 08, 2014, 04:44:22 am »

It looks like Falanga has been shipping off members to do stints of combat tourism for a while now, and have apparently done stints in places like Syria. Doesn't make them badasses of course, but they're probably more skilled than a lot of the genuine Ukranians fighting.

Also, like I said, link was just the first thing I found, I've seen it in a number of other sources as well.
Is there any proof of them actually fighting?

The Polish group also supported Western separatists too, though, so I think they just really want to see Ukraine break up.
What do you mean by western separatists?
and slippedy sloppidy doo everything is made of fuck

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6341 on: June 08, 2014, 04:47:17 am »

Well, they wanted Poland to take over the parts of Western Ukraine that were historically polish territory.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6342 on: June 08, 2014, 04:50:34 am »

Well, they wanted Poland to take over the parts of Western Ukraine that were historically polish territory.
Shit, we better start sending troops to Karelia and Petsamo then. Gotta keep up with the standards of today.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6343 on: June 08, 2014, 04:51:24 am »

Shit, we better start sending troops to Karelia and Petsamo then. Gotta keep up with the standards of today.

i thought the #1 reason for why you don't want these areas back is that they're full of russians

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6344 on: June 08, 2014, 04:52:52 am »

Civilians fleeing to Russia to escape fighting in East Ukraine.

Also, yet another Russian television crew was detained by Ukrainian forces yesterday - journalists of the television channel Zvezda were detained at a National Guard-held roadblock for "spying".
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 04:56:00 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 1393