Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1745345 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #5085 on: May 06, 2014, 04:00:50 pm »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5086 on: May 06, 2014, 04:11:12 pm »

I'm going to have to get around making my own long post some time. It might also help explain the man in a barrel.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5087 on: May 07, 2014, 02:53:04 am »

Spoiler: tssss (click to show/hide)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: May 07, 2014, 04:02:52 am »

A guy I know posted this:

It's an excerpt from his electoral convocation. Probably one of the best example of the institutional mess that is Belgium I've seen.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: May 07, 2014, 04:47:44 am »

Yes, I'd also be annoyed if my institutions were in French
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5090 on: May 07, 2014, 04:50:29 am »

Basically, it translates to "You'll have to vote for: 9 representant of the French-Speaking group in the European Parliament or 12 representant of the Flemish-speaking group in the European Parliament, 15 members of the House of Representatives, 72 French-Speaking members of the Parliament of the Region of Brussels-Capital or 17 Flemish-speaking members of the Parliament of the Region of Brussels-Capital and 6 members of the Flemish Parliament."

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5091 on: May 07, 2014, 05:06:50 am »

Spoiler: tssss (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: quiet response (click to show/hide)
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5092 on: May 07, 2014, 05:17:08 am »

Basically, it translates to "You'll have to vote for: 9 representant of the French-Speaking group in the European Parliament or 12 representant of the Flemish-speaking group in the European Parliament, 15 members of the House of Representatives, 72 French-Speaking members of the Parliament of the Region of Brussels-Capital or 17 Flemish-speaking members of the Parliament of the Region of Brussels-Capital and 6 members of the Flemish Parliament."
At this stage I don't see why they don't just cut out the middle-men and let people vote on things directly.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5093 on: May 07, 2014, 06:31:38 am »

Crap, this forum was a nice source of news. Would you guys be interested in a third-party place to discuss Ukraine?
It really is a shame that we can't discuss Ukraine in an orderly manner here, it is the most relevant current event geopolitically speaking after all. The topic seems to be too polarizing though, it's been a magnet for flaming and conspiracy theory nonsense. I guess if it's like that on Bay12, it's gonna be much worse elsewhere.

Actually my convocation has the same amount of institutions (European parliament, City Council, District Council, Regional Council), just less languages  ;).

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5094 on: May 07, 2014, 07:51:31 am »

Crap, this forum was a nice source of news. Would you guys be interested in a third-party place to discuss Ukraine?
It really is a shame that we can't discuss Ukraine in an orderly manner here, it is the most relevant current event geopolitically speaking after all. The topic seems to be too polarizing though, it's been a magnet for flaming and conspiracy theory nonsense. I guess if it's like that on Bay12, it's gonna be much worse elsewhere.

Actually my convocation has the same amount of institutions (European parliament, City Council, District Council, Regional Council), just less languages  ;).

I think someone on one of the threads said that it is so bad on another forum that the vitriol and all the other stuff make Ukraine Ranger, Gogis, and Webber look like polite gentlemen. So, yes, it's worse. Really, it is actually pretty civil (emotional at points, yes, but not to the point of flaming) until someone like Gogis or Webber creeps in.

And yes I know, don't wake the fenrir.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5095 on: May 07, 2014, 07:54:14 am »

Well, we could just have a mailing list between the saner people.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5096 on: May 07, 2014, 08:33:24 am »

I'd join - it's a very sound idea. Or we could get Toady to just ban the trolls Naah...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5097 on: May 07, 2014, 08:34:06 am »

Well, we could just have a mailing list between the saner people.

Would you mind including lurkers in that mailing list of yours, if it happens?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #5098 on: May 07, 2014, 08:58:04 am »

I have been there since it began here long ago, and I'm not sure if I really want to take part in it again. Probably not.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5099 on: May 07, 2014, 09:00:00 am »

Should we use PMs or e-mails?

Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 1393