Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1745926 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #4965 on: May 03, 2014, 07:13:06 pm »

It's POSSIBLE MSH was making a joke about "[A]'merica"... That's how he typed Mercia, could have been a typo though.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: May 03, 2014, 07:17:26 pm »

It was actually a typo (I was checking to see if it really was just America without the A and forgot to change it back), but that was also my point. It's similar enough to the joke that I would think you'd have objectors.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: May 03, 2014, 10:43:50 pm »

----------------Rant--------------------------
Is' it too late to define Scotland?
why can't the The Five Boroughs and York join Scotland? maybe it's that i really don't like the main party's here (lieing **** in yellow ,honest   ***TS in blue, and plan old **** in red)
Secondly why didn't the rest of the union get to to vote on Scotland? 
Just a simple yes ,tell the scots to get going / stay to vote, it's just the the hole NO campaign is being run with out my consent or input.
 p.s  i want to see a free Scotland, out from under the southern yoke, it's just that i wish more of us got to decide if we wish to go with you. 
-------------RANT OVER------------------

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: May 03, 2014, 10:54:41 pm »

----------------Rant--------------------------
Is' it too late to define Scotland?
why can't the The Five Boroughs and York join Scotland? maybe it's that i really don't like the main party's here (lieing **** in yellow ,honest   ***TS in blue, and plan old **** in red)
Secondly why didn't the rest of the union get to to vote on Scotland? 
Just a simple yes ,tell the scots to get going / stay to vote, it's just the the hole NO campaign is being run with out my consent or input.
 p.s  i want to see a free Scotland, out from under the southern yoke, it's just that i wish more of us got to decide if we wish to go with you. 
-------------RANT OVER------------------

Though I would not have the power myself, if I was Grand Emperor of Scotland I would gladly accept any part of England/Wales that wants to join.

I notice that there are quite a few people on Bay 12 who think that Scottish independence is a good idea. I therefore have a certain proposal for you fellows.

If anyone is interested in doing a small piece of campaigning for Scottish independence, despite not living here or even being Scottish, I recommend posting a photograph of yourself holding a piece of paper with "Go for it Scotland" written on it and post a testimony (as large as you like) explaining your reasons for wanting Scotland to become independent. I can then send the images to a pro-independence group of artists called National Collective who will probably use the photos and maybe even include your testimonies in articles. They'd probably even tweet them on their twitter account, who knows. On average they get retweeted upwards of 30 times and seen by thousands of people. "Go For It Scotland" is actually a thing though, a handful of people across the UK and even in the USA (mainly expat Scottish actors over there) have contributed.

If you are uncomfortable about posting pictures of yourselves in the thread, you can PM me the images and testimonies and I can pass them on that way. Maybe you should give a first name, alias or nickname that you would wish to be known by and your age. Younger people's testimonies are very popular. You don't have to do this of course, this is just if you want to make a small mark on the referendum scene here.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 10:57:13 pm by Owlbread »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: May 04, 2014, 03:59:48 am »

But, but, what if those reasons are just 'well, I was kinda brainwashed by this guy on this one forum'?

Alternatively; I'll do it if the sign can say 'Owlbread for Grand Emperor of Scotland!' instead.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: May 04, 2014, 04:40:00 am »

Ahah, I just signed up on GitHub, and the mail they sent me had a song called "Better Together". :p

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: May 04, 2014, 04:49:17 am »

How will Scotland deal with citizenship? Would it allow anyone in the UK to become a Scot citizen (maybe provided they live in Scoand or something?)

And what about Nova Scotia?
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: May 04, 2014, 04:54:54 am »

From what they said, any UK citizen living in Scotland would become a Scottish citizen. I don't know what their position on double citizenship would be, but given their attitude of trying to make independence as unnoticable as possible, I guess any Scot that wants it will be able to keep its UK citizenship, if London is okay with it.*

Nova Scotia is in Canada, so I don't really see why you're bringing it up.

*Given that there is no real disadvantage to being a UK citizen, I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of Scots decide to keep UK passport. It's fun to imagine a country where almost everyone is a dual citizen. For starter, it means the Scots will be able to keep voting for Westminster.  :P

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: May 04, 2014, 05:00:27 am »

*Given that there is no real disadvantage to being a UK citizen, I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of Scots decide to keep UK passport. It's fun to imagine a country where almost everyone is a dual citizen. For starter, it means the Scots will be able to keep voting for Westminster.  :P

I'm curious, if for some very implausible reason Scotland and Britain go to war with each other, how will all those dual citizens decide which country's mobilization order should they follow?
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: May 04, 2014, 05:11:03 am »

That's a really good question. It's one of the reasons European countries have only allowed dual citizenship recently. I guess the real answer is "renounce one nationality on the spot and choose which one they prefer".

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: May 04, 2014, 05:23:16 am »

Cut one of their hands off and send it to the conscription center. With a note saying "Hurr's ae hand ta holde yer gunn, ya sotter basterd" attached.

Nova Scotia is in Canada, so I don't really see why you're bringing it up.

Well, it's Scottish-ish, so they should offer all Scotians citizenship as well. Just have to sort out all the applications with paw prints for signatures.

Thanks for the info, though ;)
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: May 04, 2014, 05:26:33 am »

Scottish nationalism is very cool in that it's civic rather than ethnic nationalism. It doesn't matter if you're descended from a proudly consanguineous line of Scots and that every single of your ancestors used to live in the same Highland village until 100 years ago. What matters is whether you live in Scotland now.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: May 04, 2014, 05:33:11 am »

I'm nor sure if you noticed that I wasn't being serious or not. The joke is that Scotia is Scotland. And also that the only ones who live in Nova Scotia are retrievers. There. Now I've ruined it. And I only get to do one joke a month.
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: May 04, 2014, 05:37:41 am »

I'm so glad you have other career plans beside stand-up comedian. :p

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: May 04, 2014, 05:44:53 am »

But...

...I don't...

Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 1393