Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1746214 times)

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #4905 on: April 23, 2014, 01:30:11 pm »

If you ever come to Belgium, I challenge you to a drinking match! North-Eastern against North-Western, drinks of your choice.

If life decides to go on a certain route, then I might just live in the Netherlands before the year is over. I would no doubt visit neighbouring countries.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: April 23, 2014, 01:32:09 pm »

If you ever come to Belgium, I challenge you to a drinking match! North-Eastern against North-Western, drinks of your choice.

If life decides to go on a certain route, then I might just live in the Netherlands before the year is over. I would no doubt visit neighbouring countries.
I don't suggest taking on my kinsmen. If there's one thing folks 'round here can do, it's drink. Not me though, I'm perpetually sober :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: April 23, 2014, 01:36:56 pm »

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: April 23, 2014, 01:49:32 pm »

Just take the opportunity to join the Glorious Cryptocurrency Master Race. ScotCoin (please translate into a ridiculously archaic dialect of Gaelic), coming January 2015.

AirgeadAlbannach perhaps. Literally "Scottish silver", as "silver" is the word we use in Gaelic for money/currency in general. There's also the Gaelic word for pence which is "sgillin", which is related to shilling.

BonnAlbainn would also work perhaps, pronounced "bown alapin" - literally "coin of Scotland". Bonn-airgeid is another.
I wonder how the currency of independent Scotland will be named, if for some reason the Scottish government decides to create one.
The Tam o'Sterling. Or if they wait for EU processing, the Eur o'Shanter.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: April 23, 2014, 02:11:34 pm »

They should just unofficially switch to the Euro. It would be hilarious to see the European Council format a statement on that.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: April 23, 2014, 02:36:17 pm »

They should just unofficially switch to the Euro. It would be hilarious to see the European Council format a statement on that.

I totally second this. :p

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: April 23, 2014, 04:16:09 pm »

You guys have no idea how strange it is for me to go to a party where I am the only North-Eastern European. I can drink way more than everybody else and not even feel a thing while they are all already drunk off their asses.

And no, I do not consume almost any alcohol in my day to day life. :P

That might have more to do with the very high probability that they're not exactly drinking to stay sober.

Ahh okay, that makes a fair amount of sense. It's not an isolationist/autarchic kind of nationalism, just a "Fook off ya bleedin Saesanachs!" kind.  :P

Not quite. The Sassenaich are not the problem, the problem is the extremely powerful London-based elite that govern the UK and emburden us with their right wing agendas.

This is very much the reason I think Scotland's pro-EU attitude would be short lived after separation.
Love, scriver~

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4912 on: April 23, 2014, 06:36:44 pm »

i might be visiting Belgium sometime this year, we'll see if the south-west can rise up to the challenge

should i bring alentejano red wine, port fortified wine, or bagasse moonshine?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4913 on: April 23, 2014, 07:09:27 pm »

No brainer. Moonshine, of course. Or potcheen.

Holy baloney.

I just typed in potcheen, and the auto correct is telling me it's supposed to be "Scotchmen"  :D
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: April 24, 2014, 03:03:39 am »

i might be visiting Belgium sometime this year, we'll see if the south-west can rise up to the challenge

As you wish, I'll match you with trappist ale, yet more ale and péket.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: April 24, 2014, 06:11:52 am »

As you wish, I'll match you with trappist ale, yet more ale and péket.
Trappist ale? That stuff's delicious - and way too strong. But delicious...
I guess I could join in with Kölsch and Mosel wine... Federweißer, if it's in season - but that would be another part of the Rhine, really.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: April 24, 2014, 06:15:58 am »

I love trappist ale. Even more than Irish whiskey which is another of my favorite alcoholic drinks. Red Riojas are still my all time favorites though
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4917 on: April 24, 2014, 07:00:33 am »

I totally second riojas. One of my favorite wine with Bordeaux.

I'm proud to belong to a continent with such a rich boozing culture.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: April 24, 2014, 07:04:52 am »

An interesting article from English folk singer Billy Bragg on the notion that Scottish independence would benefit English progressives and lefties.

On top of that Noam Chomsky has revealed that he also backs independence. There are some reports that David Bowie is reconsidering his Unionism in light of this.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4919 on: April 24, 2014, 10:21:16 am »

I totally second riojas. One of my favorite wine with Bordeaux.

I'm proud to belong to a continent with such a rich boozing culture.

It's taken us 335 pages, but goddamn, we've finally found the purpose of this thread. I envision a glorious future Europe, where all are united by their endless, shared state of inebriation.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 1393