Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1751810 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #4246 on: March 10, 2014, 04:19:10 pm »

Enough people like him to make his party the biggest in parliament, though.

Or maybe they just just disliked him the least... which, according to the Facebook likes (you know, the most reliable of the popularity polls) seems to be the case.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

WarRoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: March 10, 2014, 04:29:11 pm »

Owlbread are you ready to march on Monday?

On Monday, my good sir? What is happening on Monday?

The Day of the Szekler Freedom is happening!!! (Or rather it was happening.)
I'm disappointed Owlbread, I'm beginning to think that you don't deserve independence.
 :P

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: March 10, 2014, 05:27:12 pm »

I am so, so sorry I missed this WarRoot. I once met a Szekler fellow and the stories he told me of what you go through truly appalled me. You have my complete support and I believe you should be an independent state if possible, or the next best thing which is presumably federalism but getting Romania to go through with that would probably be like pulling teeth. I suppose we'd be looking at a return of the Magyar Autonomous Region at best.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 05:30:13 pm by Owlbread »

WarRoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: March 12, 2014, 05:14:56 pm »

I'm not a Szekler or to be more precise I live in Hungary (I guess I could be a Szekler as I do have ancestors hailing from that region) so I'm not going trough anything :D I just thought that if someone on Bay12 knew this it would be you, no hard feelings or anything.
I don't know if independence is even possible with the territory being completely surrounded by Romania, but yeah autonomy would be a good step in the right direction and seems like the most achievable goal.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: March 12, 2014, 06:24:42 pm »

I'm not a Szekler or to be more precise I live in Hungary (I guess I could be a Szekler as I do have ancestors hailing from that region) so I'm not going trough anything :D I just thought that if someone on Bay12 knew this it would be you, no hard feelings or anything.
I don't know if independence is even possible with the territory being completely surrounded by Romania, but yeah autonomy would be a good step in the right direction and seems like the most achievable goal.

Ah, good, I was fearful that you were actually a repressed minority. It is good that you are free. Autonomy makes sense but the Romanian governments have been unusually terrible when it comes to national minority rights/representation. They're worse than the French, i.e. worse than the Western European benchmark.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: March 14, 2014, 04:32:01 am »

Although I cannot help but feel that Orban's latent irredentism doesn't help. They don't want an autonomous Szekler parliament calling in Hungarian troops. *cough* Crimea *cough*.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: March 14, 2014, 07:49:21 am »

Anyway, Europe will enforce standardized charging systems.
It's things like this that make me glad the EU's a thing.

When can we start forcing the metric onto America?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: March 14, 2014, 07:51:38 am »

Standardised charging systems are is a step forward for phone users and the environment.

Proprietary cheese naming is ridiculous, just like trying to enforce the naming of pasties or scones.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: March 14, 2014, 07:52:58 am »

I don't really see the problem with it. I was under the impression you're not supposed to supply the consumer with false information.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: March 14, 2014, 07:53:29 am »

I'unno, I'm all for banning the name of "Hamburger" from all meat-in-buns that're not from Hamburg. Oughta be a good laugh.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: March 14, 2014, 07:54:13 am »

Meh, just call it a burger, problem solved :P

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: March 14, 2014, 08:01:39 am »

I don't really see the problem with it. I was under the impression you're not supposed to supply the consumer with false information.
Yes but where that principle exists as a law it can already be enforced. 'Parmesan' to most people means 'hard cheese for grating on italian food', not 'hard cheese specifically from Parma'. Same with champagne, yorkshire puddings, falafel etc. etc.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: March 14, 2014, 08:04:38 am »

Oh I do think it should be a blacklist, and definitely not a whitelist.
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 1393