Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1750903 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #3870 on: February 09, 2014, 03:34:18 pm »

Cosmopolitan Social Democrat, with a 95% Secular rating. Mind you, I only lost that 5% because I didn't emphasize all of the religious questions.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm a anthropocentric secularist?

(don't we have a separate thread for tests?)
We do, but I haven't updated the Shit Let's Be Thread in a month or two now.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: February 09, 2014, 03:50:46 pm »

Can somebody explain to me the main political difference between visionary and reactionary?

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: February 09, 2014, 03:51:21 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm a anthropocentric secularist?

(don't we have a separate thread for tests?)

Yes we do, and I think that the test results discussion should be moved there. This thread is about condemning Russia and not about political tests.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: February 09, 2014, 03:52:16 pm »

Can somebody explain to me the main political difference between visionary and reactionary?
I assume it's mostly the willingness to kill de-life foetuses :P

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: February 09, 2014, 03:53:30 pm »

Willing to change the status quo, or willing to reestabilish the status quo.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: February 09, 2014, 04:01:49 pm »

You are a cosmopolitan Social Democrat. 13 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 71 percent are more extremist than you.

Yeah, sure :D. I don't like that test
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: February 09, 2014, 04:18:33 pm »

Yes we do, and I think that the test results discussion should be moved there. This thread is about condemning Russia and not about political tests.

It's actually about the merits of Scottish independence and how Westminster is the source of all evil.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: February 09, 2014, 04:21:28 pm »

Westminster is the source of all evil. Over here one of our state governments has the westminster system and no upper house, the place is a wreck! Who ever thought MPs would represent their electorate and not just tow the party line was a fool...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: February 09, 2014, 04:25:27 pm »

Don't you see? Westminster is Russia.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: February 09, 2014, 04:27:39 pm »

And what is so special about Switzerland in EU? What is the reason to keep it in place? *wondering, 'cause no idea*
It's hard to move mountains...
They apparently had a referendum on limiting immigration. However, if they go through with this a 'guillotine clause' takes effect, removing all other Switzerland-EU agreements as well. This is gonna be fun...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: February 09, 2014, 04:31:44 pm »

Generally, they want to... isolate themselves? Sounds a bit like this.

Well, you know, "we'll cut off supplies if you do/don't..." argument works almost always. The choice is yours wether do use it or not.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: February 09, 2014, 04:52:58 pm »

Yeah, the whole "represent district rather than tow party line" is a problem with my pet government idea... I TRIED to give it an outlet in the whole "Prime Minister and minstries are formed from a party-proportional senate majority-party" idea, but there's no real disincentive for the district-representative House of Commons to tow a party line. :I

Anyway, that test, I got mostly 40-50% towards the left of all those options, except 15% anthropocentric. Not unexpected, except maybe communistic. I'm a capitalist who wants a basic income, but that's not a very uh... widespread idea? So tests don't take it into account.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: February 09, 2014, 05:15:49 pm »

Well, a few days ago David Cameron made a prominent, important speech on the independence issue. He delivered it in the Olympic Park in East London and much of his speech was given over to politicising the 2012 London games; according to the Tories those games, rather than being a terribly wasteful period in light of the poverty that still grips so much of this island, were actually a fantastic show of Britishness and basically one big argument against independence. It's rather amusing that a number of Unionists in Scotland (e.g. ex First Minister Jack (now Lord) McConnell) are accusing the SNP of politicising the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow later this year. This debate is full of such hypocrisy.

But yeah the speech was in response to the little flurry of poll-successes touted in the media at the end of January. He, rather significantly, stated that there was "only 7 months to save the greatest country on earth" or something daft like that, as though we were at war with Nazi Germany again. Very emotive, strong language, and given how complacent his government has been over the last few years towards independence you could argue that this has spooked them. He even called for English people (and Welsh and Northern Irish) to phone up their Scottish brethren and tell them how much they want Scotland to stay. I've had a few phone calls over the weekend from concerned people in England, yes, but they only asked me if I was aware that I could be owed a lot of money through mis-sold PPI.

The speech has been laughed at across the board though, even in the Unionist media. It just didn't work. Alex Salmond basically called it a "speech from Mount Olympus" and calls have been renewed for Cameron to debate with Salmond, something Cameron outright refuses to do at all costs. Basically everything Cameron does now whether it's making impassioned appeals or talking up his Scottish roots he just sounds weak. Like he's losing. People are starting to smell blood in the water now, which is pretty remarkable considering we haven't really made all that many significant gains. Just a few, but that's enough.

Similarly, the leader of the Unionist campaign in Scotland Alistair Darling has started to make pretty wild accusations that Mr. Salmond is "acting like a Head of State" whose minions are systematically intimidating businesspeople who would otherwise speak out against independence. He refuses to name any businessmen that have been affected, nor does he talk of any ongoing police investigation (something the situation would surely warrant), he just makes... assertions. He's starting to sound increasingly shrill and out of touch though. Maybe a bit like McCaine when he went down the various smear campaign routes in 2008.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 05:18:46 pm by Owlbread »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3884 on: February 09, 2014, 06:45:47 pm »

So the Swiss decided to flip off the EU. I think we should just close the tunnels for a couple of days and see what happens; opinions?
Starving them into submission, why?

@Owlbread
Stop posting please, you're slowly making me pro-Scot independence :p
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 1393