Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1749721 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #3465 on: January 22, 2014, 06:57:46 am »

More people killed by snipers, APCs on the streets. IMO, point of no return is passed. That is war

PS.
Interchanging mind control,
Come let the revolution take it's toll,
If you could flick a switch and open your third eye,
You'd see that we should never be afraid to die
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: January 22, 2014, 07:04:27 am »

Pics/videos? That sounds bad, UR. Keep safe.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: January 22, 2014, 08:14:52 am »

Another stream
Not violent right now but seriously don't watch this if you have positive views about human nature >.>

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: January 22, 2014, 11:20:45 am »

Russian television reported that radical nationalists (presumably armed) are mobilizing in Lvov, Ivano-Frankovsk and Ternopil and are preparing to move towards Kiev.
If it's true, then civil war is on the horizon.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 11:25:11 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Kicior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: January 22, 2014, 11:45:39 am »

More people killed by snipers, APCs on the streets. IMO, point of no return is passed. That is war
I think that snipers were to be expected after molotovs started flying because seriously - how did you expect them to react? Yeah, shooting protesters doesn't improve their (goverment's) situation on the long (or maybe not so long) run but letting their guys being killed won't help them either. No, I don't want to blame the protesters/rebels for the whole thing because it's the goverment who turned it into a dick-move-contest.

What is the situation in the army and the police? Any signs of solidarity?

and slippedy sloppidy doo everything is made of fuck

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: January 22, 2014, 12:04:18 pm »

Alas, violence begats violence, regardless of who threw the first punch... and nation states tend to be good at dishing out violence. There is now no good way this situation can end. Democracy is ugly when it goes wrong.
This is a blank sig.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: January 22, 2014, 01:11:50 pm »

Russian television reported that radical nationalists (presumably armed) are mobilizing in Lvov, Ivano-Frankovsk and Ternopil and are preparing to move towards Kiev.
If it's true, then civil war is on the horizon.
One need to be a total idiot to believe a single word said by Russian Television.
Radical nationalists aren't mobilizing, they are mobilized long time ago. The nation mobilizes

I think that snipers were to be expected after molotovs started flying because seriously - how did you expect them to react?  Yeah, shooting protesters doesn't improve their (goverment's) situation on the long (or maybe not so long) run but letting their guys being killed won't help them either.
Common... When a proper police sniper wants to stop a guy with Molotov(or any weapon) he shots one time. Not four quarantining a kill
This "police" Snipes journalists in eyes using pump guns
This "police" Beats arrested people when there are no resistance anymore
This "police" Works together with paid thugs
That list is endless.

What is the situation in the army and the police? Any signs of solidarity?
Not really, I have some insider info about negotiations and stuff, but I am not gonna post it here. The fact is simple - we have no single unit defected to our side, yet

Spoiler: I envy him (click to show/hide)
But don't think I am sitting idle.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: January 22, 2014, 01:22:52 pm »

One need to be a total idiot to believe a single word said by Russian Television.

No, one needs to be a total idiot to believe a single word by a Bandera-worshipper.

Of course, that fits into the interests of American & European politicians, and they were always better at information warfare. So, people do listen to those scumbags.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 01:35:22 pm by Valikdu »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: January 22, 2014, 01:34:42 pm »

No, one needs to be a total idiot to believe a single word by a Bandera-worshipper.

Of course, that fits into the interests of American & European politicians, and they were always better at information warfare. So, people do listen to those scumbags. Which, I imagine, you're one of.
*** Here was some text that would get me banned ***

I hope that you are just a troll because if you believe in what you say it is too sad that Bay12 has people like you registered.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: January 22, 2014, 01:36:08 pm »

Of course, that fits into the interests of American & European politicians, and they were always better at information warfare. So, people do listen to those scumbags. Which, I imagine, you're one of.
*** Here was some text that would get me banned ***

I hope that you are just a troll

No, I really think that you belong in a prison cell, along with your Nazi friends.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: January 22, 2014, 01:38:36 pm »

Good to see we're all getting along.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: January 22, 2014, 01:44:53 pm »

Ain't it fascinating, that Polish people can set aside some differences with Ukrainians (and we have plenty, don't we, Ukrainian Ranger?), when it comes to freedom - and there is quite a few Russian people who should have no problem with Ukraine (note: this doesn't go the other way, as Ukraine has plenty of problems with Russia; like everybody who ever had common border with them) who can't. Oh well, not that freedom is all that popular east of Ukraine. ;)

EDIT:

On the side note, Polish government passed a bill allowing them to call other countries police to 'help' in the event of 'major disturbance' in Poland. At least in Київ people are protesting against such laws.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 01:48:18 pm by BlindKitty »
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: January 22, 2014, 01:45:03 pm »

Well, Ranger is a member of a neo-nazi organization. He said himself that he's in 'Svoboda', I believe.

If they win, I imagine there'll be ethnic cleansings in Ukraine. Some people that I'm friends with might have to flee for their life to avoid being murdered. Sorry for being emotional about such things.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: January 22, 2014, 01:48:22 pm »

Agreed. Let's derail the topic on something else before it gets worse.

Migrants capsize while under tow by Greek police. Leaving 12 death.
European energy police 2030

Well, Ranger is a member of a neo-nazi organization. He said himself that he's in 'Svoboda', I believe.

If they win, I imagine there'll be ethnic cleansings in Ukraine. Some people that I'm friends with might have to flee for their life to avoid being murdered. Sorry for being emotional about such things.
If every organisation that once had ties with the Nazi regime is considered a neo-nazist organisation, then many nations have neo-nazist political parties. Hell, depending on how free you want to draw your correlation, then Belgium had a neonazist regime several times during the last 20 years.

Let's be careful with the ad-hitlerum's please.

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: January 22, 2014, 01:54:21 pm »

I like the article about the European climate goals. It's good for a laugh, and gives hope that young Spanish, Greek, Polish and maybe even Italian people will go and tell their governments that they should really think hard about all that EU thing. Because reducing CO2 emission by 40%... It's death for the industry. It will be cheaper to make stuff in freaking US of A and ship it to the Old World. I mean, _even_ cheaper, because it's already happening. It would say that Obama might come with some similar idea, but then all production will just move somewhere more sensible, like freaking Siberia...
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 1393