Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1749606 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #3450 on: January 22, 2014, 01:57:38 am »

Are you considering it a civil war now, Ranger?
Almost. I am deadly sure that their plan was - kill one, let the news spread and see people running away. As this has not worked, they may try same, but not with a sniper but with assault rifles firing in the crowd. Then it will be civil war

I have a feeling that I am inside one long nightmare....
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: January 22, 2014, 02:28:30 am »

German media are reporting 2 deaths now. A 30 year old got shot 4 times (though there is some disagreement if it was rubber bullets or gunshots) and a 22 year old who fell down while climbing, allegedly being hunted by police.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: January 22, 2014, 02:55:46 am »

Freedom fighter - yes, sure. That can be understood and honored. Hero - don't think so.
I don't care what you think. This young 20 year old ethnic Armenian died for my country. He was there, not at home. He is volunteer. He knew that his life may end in that way. He is a hero.

German media are reporting 2 deaths now. A 30 year old got shot 4 times (though there is some disagreement if it was rubber bullets or gunshots) and a 22 year old who fell down while climbing, allegedly being hunted by police.
That's two confirmed deaths, guy that was shot down is 20 year old and is identified.

I am so scared now. Praying that whoever commands our guys will order to disperse and switch to guerrilla tactics. No need to wait till they bring machineguns. 
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: January 22, 2014, 02:59:39 am »

Are you considering it a civil war now, Ranger?
Difference between a civil war and a massacre. For now, it's neither, but it could soon escalate.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: January 22, 2014, 03:01:55 am »

What location is the main protest camp? I want to look this up on google maps and see what would be defensible.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: January 22, 2014, 03:07:37 am »

What location is the main protest camp? I want to look this up on google maps and see what would be defensible.
Kiev, Maidan(Maydan? Don't know English transcription)  Square. I'd google a nice map for you, but have more important stuff to do in Internet. Who knows, maybe it will be shut down soon

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: January 22, 2014, 03:13:03 am »

I am so scared now. Praying that whoever commands our guys will order to disperse and switch to guerrilla tactics. No need to wait till they bring machineguns.
It still doesn't have to come that far. The government would have to be extremely stupid to start massacres. The protests in Turkey were arguably worse (up to this point) and while they spread over the whole country, they didn't escalate to that level.

Scroll down, BBC already did half the work for you.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: January 22, 2014, 03:13:14 am »

Apparently that translates to Independence Square... Welp.  :P
Anyway, interesting location you have there. That one large street is going to give your guys some trouble, as it would be difficult to properly barricade. Also, if the police muster enough man power it could be possible to seal off all exits, but the fanning out roads certainly favor you, fewer bottlenecks to use.

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: January 22, 2014, 03:19:56 am »

Хай живе вільна Україна!
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: January 22, 2014, 03:25:47 am »

It still doesn't have to come that far. The government would have to be extremely stupid to start massacres. The protests in Turkey were arguably worse (up to this point) and while they spread over the whole country, they didn't escalate to that level.
Erdogan is an islamist, this guys have some moral standards, Our "government" is a mix of former commies and crimelords,  I have no doubts that they can give that order. Only hope that this order will not be followed but it is rather slim

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: January 22, 2014, 03:34:41 am »

Oh, this has nothing to do with moral standards, it's just pragmatism and calculation. Some stuff you can't get away with without causing half your population to rise up and losing any international acceptance. They may not be moral, but I doubt they are that stupid.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: January 22, 2014, 04:22:41 am »

This is going to cost Germany a lot of money.
The only fun part of this is how the Green's ability to play their usual blame game is severly impaired by them now being in a coalition with the Hessian CDU, who in turn is blaming the federal government because they were "just following orders".

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: January 22, 2014, 04:36:43 am »

A MMerkel decision that might blow up under her? That's new...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: January 22, 2014, 05:52:55 am »

Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 1393