Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1749544 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #3420 on: January 20, 2014, 10:30:45 pm »

Bastards from the riot police broke that masterpiece this night :'(
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: January 21, 2014, 04:34:45 am »

One thing I was wondering: On that livestream that was posted, they kept throwing Molotov cocktails. But instead of throwing them at the police, they threw them into the space in front of the police - why?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: January 21, 2014, 04:38:20 am »

Poor aim? Making a threat rather than actively seeking harm? Seeking to stop a possible advance? All possible...

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: January 21, 2014, 06:42:59 am »

One thing I was wondering: On that livestream that was posted, they kept throwing Molotov cocktails. But instead of throwing them at the police, they threw them into the space in front of the police - why?
Intimidation. The front ranks are internal army, not riot police. Our goal is to make them desert not injure, so direct aim against them is used only when it's absolutely necessary and they are attacking

Riot  police is not so lucky, so they prefer to hide in the second line, going forward only during attacks. This night quite a few of them got Molotovs on their backs. With surprise attack they took the first line of barricades but were forced to retreat after our counterattack. They aren't used to get counterattacks, they have little training against stuff like that. Their focus - dispersing disorganized crowds.

We made a pubic offer to all police\army members that in case if they switch sides they will be free from criminal persecution and save their jobs and ranks after our victory. Else they will be treated as occupation forces. Unfortunately, so far, no defections. I hope some of them have either honor or brains

PS. Talking about aim - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMcY8Pkgf7A&feature=player_embedded
Here are some proofs that everything is good with aiming
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 06:50:05 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: January 21, 2014, 07:15:00 am »

Spoiler: So what's this? (click to show/hide)
An ex-flatmate of mine who's in Kyev right now posted this on Facebook - what does it say?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: January 21, 2014, 07:24:18 am »

That's is the list the guys who voted for that new set of the North Korea style laws. Big letters "They established a dictatorship"

Kicior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: January 21, 2014, 12:38:37 pm »

Max, you're thinking of Poland...

OR IS HE? (scroll down to the map and take a look at Germany :P)

Also, shit, I hate situations when molotovs are flying. Yeah, I do realize that police was beating the snot out of protesters before so they are kinda square now but still, burning someone's face...
It's kinda difficult to describe - killing/maiming is kiling/maiming no matter how you cut it but when I saw pictures of protesters beating a member of the riot police (or whatever it was) I was like "such is life, sometimes you gotta take what you deal out" but when I see these burning guys I actually pity them.
and slippedy sloppidy doo everything is made of fuck

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: January 21, 2014, 12:55:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: January 21, 2014, 02:33:11 pm »

You can see a bit of the catapult in action at the beginning of this short clip.

OR IS HE? (scroll down to the map and take a look at Germany :P)
So apparently facebook knows everything about everyone, except how to find them on a map. Indonesia and the Philippines have also shrunk quite a bit, as it appears.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3430 on: January 21, 2014, 04:07:51 pm »

Some people just can't appreciate a vintage war machine these days.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: January 21, 2014, 04:21:16 pm »

Trebuchet trebuchets?
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: January 21, 2014, 05:39:18 pm »

Speaking about "Pro-EU" protests...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: January 21, 2014, 05:55:58 pm »

Hey, if you guys were with us, all this wouldn't need to happen. And if it were for me, the EU would be there in a whim - it's just that we're so dysfunctional right now... Please don't give up on us yet :3
The Bay12 postcard club

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: January 21, 2014, 06:11:53 pm »

I Understand. Also I understand that such huge machines as USA or EU needs a lot of time to make changes in foreign policy. But many Ukrainians were quite naive and believed in "The West gonna help us"  little too much and now disappointed

I do hope that that European politicians understand that Syria right near their borders is not impossible.
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 1393