Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1749320 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #3315 on: January 18, 2014, 02:35:35 pm »

I've been told that the best way for the "Yes" voters in Scotland to win would be to get the English to vote on it too :P

I've heard some people in England say that but any polls I've seen indicate that the English and so on seem to actually want us to stay. That's what "Better Together" are going to try to tell us over the next year I hear. They plan on getting English celebrities led by Eddie Izzard to come up here and tell us how much they want us to stay British.

If Scotland is going to vote No because English D-list celebrities came up here and lovebombed us we don't fucking deserve independence.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: January 18, 2014, 05:16:41 pm »

Waiit, wait. 30% for, 40% against, 10% undecided. Where's the other 20%? Is this some strange scottish/european thing where you don't count up to 100%?
It's a well known fact that 20% of Europeans will always vote for their favourite football team in any poll.
So Seehofer's only got his post because of the FC Bayern?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: January 19, 2014, 07:27:13 am »

Waiit, wait. 30% for, 40% against, 10% undecided. Where's the other 20%? Is this some strange scottish/european thing where you don't count up to 100%?
It's a well known fact that 20% of Europeans will always vote for their favourite football team in any poll.
In Bavaria everything is possible. Guess who's not going to jail for tax evasion.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: January 19, 2014, 07:33:44 am »

In Bavaria everything is possible. Guess who's not going to jail for tax evasion.
Aaah, the last absolute monarchy of Europe...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
This is a blank sig.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: January 19, 2014, 09:15:07 am »

So, its not just the USA that has homophobic crazies in thier politics...

The death knell of UKIP will be their crazies. They can't keep them under control. Would you fellows down south suggest that UKIP are crashing and burning?

Speaking of homophobia Mr. Putin has claimed that he is "friendly with gay people".

Quote from: BBC News
"I myself know some people who are gay," he said. "We're on friendly terms. I'm not prejudiced in any way."

"Look im not prejudised i sware sum of my best m8s are gay no joke"

"If you want my personal attitude, I would tell you that I don't care about a person's sexual orientation," Mr Putin told Andrew Marr in Sochi.

Famous gay people like the British singer Elton John were popular in Russia, he said.

"I've honoured several members of the gay community in this country but for their personal achievements, regardless of their sexual orientation," he added.

But you privately experienced revulsion at their unnatural, non-traditional, non-Russian urges? You also don't seem to be mentioning Tchaikovsky at all.

Mr Putin also pointed out that many other countries banned homosexual relations.

"There's no danger for individuals of this non-traditional sexual orientation who are planning to come to the games as visitors or participants," he said.

"Well at least we didn't criminalise it! Look at other countries! Why do we get all the criticism? The West is just out to get us."
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 09:21:26 am by Owlbread »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: January 19, 2014, 09:25:41 am »

Heh, Putin...

I heard he suggested a new flag for the European Union:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: January 19, 2014, 09:27:42 am »

The Green represents Islam.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: January 19, 2014, 09:57:22 am »

Brief news from Ukraine: Crowds got tired from  opposition's peaceful protests and empty words. Large scale fighting with riot police are expected tonight
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: January 19, 2014, 10:04:31 am »

You aren't going out there, are you Ranger?

An academic study has shown that the BBC is biased across the board in favour of the anti-independence campaigns when it comes to broadcasting.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: January 19, 2014, 10:10:41 am »

Nope, but many of my friends and relatives are there. So I am rather nervous
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: January 19, 2014, 10:31:42 am »

He's in a wheelchair. Is it bad that I find you asking this funny?

And best of luck to you&all of Ukraine, UR. I'd offer to start shipping weapons, but I'm neither Irish, Turkish or Russian :D

EDIT: How many protestors are left? I'm guessing there's no longer ~106 people on Maidan...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 10:36:10 am by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: January 19, 2014, 10:37:27 am »

An academic study has shown that the BBC is biased across the board in favour of the anti-independence campaigns when it comes to broadcasting.

A year-long academic study carried out by researchers at a Scottish university has revealed that both the BBC and STV have been favouring the No campaign in their TV news coverage of the independence referendum.
Surely, we can't rely on this. It's isn't neutral. [/strawman]

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: January 19, 2014, 11:53:42 am »

That bastards are using water cannons. When it is -10Co outside

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 1393