Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1749937 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #3075 on: January 09, 2014, 04:55:31 am »

Funny accents, stereotype for excessive drinking, former English property... I'm trying to get away from Australia!  :P
But in all seriousness Scotland seems like a pretty good place right now. I'm sure the EU would accept an independent Scotland... Surly. I just can't fathom them not.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: January 09, 2014, 05:02:22 am »

Because for some bloody stupid reasons, we need unanimous consent to let a country in (It's how Cyprus got in for example. Most of Europe wanted them to solve their problems with the Turks before joining, but the Greek threatened to block the whole eastern extension if they didn't get their way. No Cyprus want to veto Turkey and Greece want to veto Macedonia to force it to change its name. Fuck Greece, but end of the tangent).

So the rUK could block Scotland out of spite, or more likely a country like Spain could make things difficult to discourage Catalonia from seceding.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: January 09, 2014, 05:08:31 am »

Fffffffffuck Greece.
* LordSlowpoke shakes fist

Let's bring back Latin or whatever's left of it and turn the whole EU into a single republic, then work out the kinks. Misplaced nationalism's wrecking the whole continent ever since it was invented.

you know especially since we care so much about being sovereign but the governments actually manage to induce apathy in people? and all those foreign military bases you've got in germany (as a rather prominent example)

Of course, that'd fuck up the status quo and the ruling elites might have to actually do some work and that's effort and I swear these bastards have the same attitude towards effort as I.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: January 09, 2014, 05:10:26 am »

If you are going to turn the EU into a single combined nation, can you please, please, pleeeease rename it the Roman Empire? Please?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: January 09, 2014, 05:11:24 am »

Wouldn't be a very good name. Most of the Roman Empire is beyond Europe, we'd need to annex Turkey, North Africa, the Levant...

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: January 09, 2014, 05:12:54 am »

I'm ok with that. They may not be, but isn't that kind of the point?
Heck it would solve that Israel/Palestine problem. Solution is simple; this land belongs to Rome!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: January 09, 2014, 05:13:49 am »

The Romans already had an empire. You know what place didn't have an empire? Tajikistan uh croatia maybe? finland?
Besides, going full-on imperial would mean we'd need an emperor. While I'd make a decent one (haha as if) I highly doubt people are just going to let their freedoms be taken away. Freedoms being taken away is bad for business, y'know? So while even if they don't care, the media will make them care.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: January 09, 2014, 05:16:53 am »

No it is easy, you just have an elected emperor chosen by the senators. It is functionally the same as a prime minister, but about a billion times cooler.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: January 09, 2014, 05:18:21 am »

I think we're approaching the HRE now.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: January 09, 2014, 05:29:02 am »

I think we're approaching the HRE now.
People always seem to forget that the HRE was the Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation. Though, according to some, we are indeed approaching that.  ;)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: January 09, 2014, 05:34:46 am »

I know, the Holy Roman Empire was neither holy, nor Roman, nor empire.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: January 09, 2014, 06:24:12 am »

So I take it that everybody is ready for the upcoming European Parliament elections, and the resultant inevitable rise to power of Glorious Comrade Overlord Alexis Tsipras? I suppose you all could always elect Marine Le Pen, but she's kind of, you know, slightly insane. How insane, you say? Vladimir Zhirinovsky, yes, the very same Vladimir Zhirinovsky who leads the Liberal (Far-Right) Democratic (Authoritarian) Party of Russia (Ultranationalist, Hyperexpansionist), wrote this blurb praising her and her crazy father. She even hates America, so the usual small amount of good that I can find in far-right Europeans isn't present here either!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: January 09, 2014, 06:33:17 am »

Yeah it's a pity but populists always do well at European elections since the turnout is so low. Expect good scores for them.

Edit: I was shocked to learn that the NVA (Flemish nationalists/populists) were in the same groups as the Green. Strange world indeed.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 06:36:14 am by Sheb »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: January 09, 2014, 06:40:37 am »

The European green fraction is in an alliance with the European Free* alliance. So not that much of a surprise. It's the same alliance where you find some of the pirate parties and such. They're not even Eurosceptic, merely regionalist. Pretty sure the Scottish Independence party is in there too. Make a note only to allow progressive parties, hence why UKIP and the lot aren't allowed.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 06:44:16 am by 10ebbor10 »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: January 09, 2014, 06:42:34 am »

Not surprising at all really. They are a member of the Global Greens, an international fascist communist movement set on destroying freedoms and brainwashing your kids with gay propaganda. Of course they are going to get along well with other crazies!

Or they just both think they can grab some preference votes from the other and out fox the fox. That is exactly what happened over here when the One Nation Party (Pretty much the white power party) accidentally gave a seat to a Greens senator, and spend the next six years screaming about the broken system to anybody that would listen.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 1393