Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1751189 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #2655 on: December 18, 2013, 02:33:14 pm »

Give me some explosives and a lever and I am sure I can manage it.
This is a blank sig.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: December 18, 2013, 02:33:25 pm »

Scotland also has its own tectonic plate.
So does Australia, the difference is we own ours.  :P

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: December 18, 2013, 02:33:59 pm »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2658 on: December 18, 2013, 02:35:10 pm »

I like continental plate definitions, it has the advantage of making the south Georgia islands their own continent.
Ah, but it also makes Greenland a North American country. Also means that India isn't Asian, it is Indian, and Saudi Arabia is Arabian.
I see no problem.

Clearly the penguin has the better claim of sovereignty though. Unless this is one of Bay12's colonization efforts...

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: December 18, 2013, 02:38:14 pm »

It should be manifest that the penguin seeks personal Union. A United Kingdom of Scotland and Antarctica. We even have a number of Islands down there named after our Islands. Even the Falkland Islands are named after Falkland, or at least the Viscount of such an area.

With such a Union we shall be the masters of the Earth, on par with China or the USA one day provided that we find a way to populate that territory.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 02:41:23 pm by Owlbread »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: December 18, 2013, 02:42:10 pm »

It should be manifest that the penguin seeks personal Union. A United Kingdom of Scotland and Antarctica. We even have a number of Islands down there named after our Islands. Even the Falkland Islands are named after Falkland, or at least the Viscount of such an area.
Are you sure? I hear personal unions haven't worked very well for Scotland in the past. Give it a few hundred years and there will be loyalists telling people about how important it is to keep the penguins in charge.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2661 on: December 18, 2013, 02:42:42 pm »

God save our gracious Penguin!
    Long live our noble Penguin!
    God save the Penguin!
    Send her feet,
    Happy and glorious,
    Dancing in her reign over us:
    God save The Penguin!

t. fortsorter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Most Sophisticated Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: December 18, 2013, 02:45:17 pm »

Oh, Owlbread...
As Max said, personal unions have been not the best course of action for your country in the past. What makes you believe that the penguins shall not usurp the Kingdom once its title has been restored?
Even ignoring that, it is obvious that the minerals of Antarctica should be available solely to me to all the distinguished gentry of Europe, for where else will one be acquiring diamonds mined by children who are freezing yet unable to vocalize their discontent as their words are only understood within a ten kilometer radius of their home?

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: December 18, 2013, 02:47:27 pm »

I believe we would be keeping the Scots in charge in that situation. We'd just bribe all the penguin alpha males with gold and tell them they'll find all the fish they like in Scottish waters, it worked 300 years ago and hell maybe one day there'll be penguins in Antarctica saying "I really don't think Antarctica should govern itself. I mean, how can we guarantee Mercosur membership? How can you guarantee that there will still be fish in the sea after we become independent? What if the Scots TAKE ALL THE FISH out of SPITE! I think we're better together."
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 02:54:01 pm by Owlbread »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: December 18, 2013, 02:53:54 pm »

Might happen... Or they will quickly get tired of the bureaucratic corruption, start throwing haggis into the icy waters and declare independence, with British ships showing up in time to support the penguins.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2665 on: December 18, 2013, 02:54:38 pm »

I believe we would be keeping the Scots in charge in that situation. We'd just bribe all the penguin alpha males with gold and tell them they'll find all the fish they like in Scottish waters, it worked 300 years ago and hell maybe one day there'll be penguins in Antarctica saying "I really don't think Antarctica should govern itself."
Good luck m8 if you think you can bribe members of the Scottish Nationalist Penguins into changing their mind.

t. fortsorter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Most Sophisticated Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: December 18, 2013, 02:56:04 pm »

I believe we would be keeping the Scots in charge in that situation. We'd just bribe all the penguin alpha males with gold and tell them they'll find all the fish they like in Scottish waters, it worked 300 years ago and hell maybe one day there'll be penguins in Antarctica saying "I really don't think Antarctica should govern itself. I mean, how can we guarantee Mercosur membership? How can you guarantee that there will still be fish in the sea after we become independent? What if the Scots TAKE ALL THE FISH out of SPITE! I think we're better together."
How absolutely devious and historically appropriate~
You might make a fine ruler just yet, as long as you ensure to follow up on your words, haha~
I only wonder for if you are this devious, why you haven't held the English tea supply in check as you would be holding the penguins' fish~

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: December 18, 2013, 02:58:40 pm »

Might happen... Or they will quickly get tired of the bureaucratic corruption, start throwing haggis into the icy waters and declare independence, with British ships showing up in time to support the penguins.

Penguins later establish "Porpoisomo Bay" to house dissenting sea animals accused of terrorism that objected to penguin support for Fairy Penguins in New Zealand.

How absolutely devious and historically appropriate~
You might make a fine ruler just yet, as long as you ensure to follow up on your words, haha~
I only wonder for if you are this devious, why you haven't held the English tea supply in check as you would be holding the penguins' fish~

Yes indeed. Perhaps though you should be asking the English/British Government about its attitudes towards "Scottish" assets in the event of Scottish independence.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 03:03:26 pm by Owlbread »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: December 18, 2013, 03:04:38 pm »

Penguins later establish "Porpoisomo Bay" to house dissenting sea animals accused of terrorism that objected to penguin support for Fairy Penguins in New Zealand.
God dammit Antarctica, we have animal rights legislation about this!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: December 18, 2013, 03:28:00 pm »

... But... I'm Canadian... ; w ;
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 1393