Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1746555 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #2220 on: November 27, 2013, 08:39:14 pm »

Okay, I guess that's all true.

Then what could North Korea be...?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: November 27, 2013, 08:42:31 pm »

A star with unusual and unverifiable activity apparently taking place around it, such as what looks like but cannot be confirmed to be a solid ring. (Which reminds me of one of the better crazy What If scenarios I've read: "What would happen if, on January 1st, 2000, a series of red stars spelling out the word 'EARTH' appeared in the sky?")
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Yannanth

« Reply #2222 on: November 27, 2013, 09:04:04 pm »

What happened to this conversation? :'(

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: November 27, 2013, 09:10:40 pm »

This is one of my favorite posted-in-once-so-I'm-locked-into-following threads.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: November 28, 2013, 06:48:11 pm »

I know that this is pointless thing, but I rather enjoy the dynamics :
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/impose-personal-sanctions-president-ukraine-viktor-yanukovych-and-cabinet-ministers-ukraine-members/h58Fz30V

(Oh and it's rather funny to see that it is implied that White House can enforce ban to enter in the EU :D )
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: November 28, 2013, 07:47:59 pm »

I know that this is pointless thing, but I rather enjoy the dynamics :
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/impose-personal-sanctions-president-ukraine-viktor-yanukovych-and-cabinet-ministers-ukraine-members/h58Fz30V

(Oh and it's rather funny to see that it is implied that White House can enforce ban to enter in the EU :D )
People seem to think Obama can simply "do things". There is also a petition asking that he convince Japan to follow the South Korean proposal regarding a land dispute, and another that demands he investigate organ trafficking in China.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 09:34:45 am by 10ebbor10 »

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: November 29, 2013, 09:26:50 am »

EU will not accept a Russian veto in it's bilateral politics with other states.
If it gives Ukrainian government enough arguments to eventually bargain a better deal with EU (one that would make it overall not an economic loss* when effects on trade with Russia are added [technically - subtracted]) - more power to them. For now Barroso sounds bitter like a man who was outbid on an auction he intended to bag.

Alternatively conditions from EU that would make it look like Ukraine would sign them might prompt Russia to offer Ukraine better deals than currently (gas price?).

*Short term. I think that in really long term EU integration would be better anyway.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: November 29, 2013, 10:15:17 am »

Another, We both know that EU had no chance to win if they never offered few billions as  a bribe to Yanukovich. I mean personally him and his clan, not to Ukraine.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: November 29, 2013, 10:19:54 am »

Point is, this isn't supposed to be an auction. This was a bilateral agreement, and the result would be that in exchange for a few adjustments in the law/government and election system in the country the EU would grant Ukraine funds to facilitate those reforms*. On a side note, many of those earlier adjustments have been enacted, they just had to refuse the funds because of Russian pressure.

I mean, Ukraine has to find about 17 billion dollars in the next 18 months in order to be able to pay it's debts and it's gas bills to Russia.

Anyway, Yanukovich killed it. Again.

*IIRC, 600 million in direct aid + 500 million reduction of import/export duty costs and a predicted growth boost of 6**%

**Yes 6%. Those are EU numbers though.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 10:24:59 am by 10ebbor10 »

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: November 29, 2013, 11:02:41 am »

"Trade deal" between Ukraine and EU is not only "take our money for making your laws better" as you make it sound, ebbor.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: November 29, 2013, 11:14:27 am »

Sure, it would result in Ukraine losing all trade agreements with Rusia, Belarus and Kazachstan. Those are not our demands however.

One thing that is sure is that Ukraine will have to join between EU integration, and the Russia, Belarus, Kazachstan custom union.

On a side note, there's the association agreement* and the plan of priority integration of Ukraine ....** . Most of the latter pact has been done, save for those parts that need EU funds. The first pact isn't working out terribly well, mostly because of political pressure from Russia. From as far as I can see, the plan should have no negative drawbacks on the Ukrainian economy. Then again, I don't have the entire plan.

*the actual free trade thingy
**A couple law change requests from the European Union, that will have to be fulfilled before the Association agreement can be signed/
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 11:21:05 am by 10ebbor10 »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: November 29, 2013, 11:47:04 am »

Speaking about Russian Customs Union....
They plan to ban panties 

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: November 30, 2013, 12:23:26 am »

So, they decided that it's a good idea to send special forces to beat the dance party? Thank you, Yanukovich, now only total morons will try that pacifistic shit again. Hope to make Russia\Belarus, here? You can try.

All my close friends are going to Kyiv right now. Not to sing song and chant slogans. I am home only because it's not very practical to fight with police in a wheelchair

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: November 30, 2013, 12:29:48 am »

And people say American politics is crazy.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 1393