Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1743140 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #1831 on: October 11, 2013, 11:48:45 am »

Sorry, I'm too busy preparing for the inevitable economic collapse in a few days to care. Currently looting stores for conserves, gonna start raiding the village nextby for slaves for when we descend into a post-apocalyptic slave-based economy. I'm sure they'll fetch a good price. Also having meat for the whole winter might be nice too #WinterIsComing, #AlwaysPrepared
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: October 11, 2013, 12:31:07 pm »

You're looting stores for conservatives? I must say, that seems like a bad strategy. Randian philosophy is not something you want amongst your band of morally ambiguous survivors coping with the end of the world through rampant indulgence in forbidden vice.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1833 on: October 11, 2013, 12:35:03 pm »

Don't we have a nice hole at the depths of the ocean? You know, that abyss which is said to be the deepest possible? let's flung all the waste of the world down there, and use a double-door plugging system. Basically, we 'seal' the abyss, we throw stuff inside, we open the 'lower' hatch and the stuff keeps going down.

So when Cthulhu wakes up, he'll wake up in trash, radioactive waste and used condoms.
But at least, he'll have a good reason to be angry.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: October 11, 2013, 12:39:39 pm »

So when Cthulhu wakes up, he'll wake up in trash, radioactive waste and used condoms.
But at least, he'll have a good reason to be angry.
Cfoofoo is gonna be so pissed.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: October 11, 2013, 12:43:09 pm »

I still want that 10 000 year warning project to get constructed. So fucking awesome.

Fields of spikes, pillars of stone, "There is no honour here." "This place is death." "We considered ourselves powerful and even we were frightened of what is buried here."
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: October 11, 2013, 12:45:56 pm »

That probably doesn't work though. I mean, look at all the death threats that were painted on the burial tombs of the pyramids. We never doubted going in there.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: October 11, 2013, 12:48:10 pm »

Yes, that's why I've always supported the alternate plan: Find the most remote, inhospitable, fucking useless place on Earth, dig several hundred feet straight down, and leave it all there in the sturdiest container we can build. Remove all traces that we were there.

Bam, it'll probably never be found by someone who doesn't already have a Geiger counter.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: October 11, 2013, 12:54:11 pm »

That's a synopsis of pretty much every containment plan in existence. And the best evidence for it's viability are the natural uranium reactors in France, which haven't been noticed until they excavated them looking for the uranium.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: October 16, 2013, 01:42:28 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is UKIP imploding down South? From my perspective it's like they're falling apart, having gotten too big to manage and rather too full of crazies. I don't really know though, I'm not really in touch with English politics.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: October 16, 2013, 01:44:35 pm »

Eurosceptics aiming for landslide victory. Prediction aim them at 20%
Can't read it for free :/.
Wut, I just looked at it entirely. Apparently google bypasses the pay restriction somehow.

Gimme a moment.

Edit: Have the BBC Link

This are not the British eurosceptics. It's the dutch and the French, among others.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 01:50:22 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Durin Stronginthearm

• Bay Watcher
  • I can only love spaceships
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: October 16, 2013, 06:45:01 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is UKIP imploding down South? From my perspective it's like they're falling apart, having gotten too big to manage and rather too full of crazies. I don't really know though, I'm not really in touch with English politics.

That would be something of an exaggeration (at least for the moment, they may well end up going that way. I hope they stick around til the next general election though, and split the Tory vote). One or two UKIPers have said some silly things, but as far as I can tell they're still seen by many as scrappy upstarts telling it like it is.
Quote from: Bill Hicks
I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: October 16, 2013, 07:19:24 pm »

But dude, you, like, live there *ducks*
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 1393