Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1743064 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #1470 on: August 29, 2013, 04:33:06 pm »

The greatest argument, is in fact. The wall. Or defense barrier, as they would like you to call it.

Quote from: International Court of Justice
"Israel cannot rely on a right of self-defence or on a state of necessity in order to preclude the wrongfulness of the construction of the wall". The Court asserted that "the construction of the wall, and its associated régime, are contrary to international law

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: August 29, 2013, 04:47:12 pm »

The only parts of the wall that are illegal are the ones not following the green line.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: August 29, 2013, 04:49:51 pm »

don't see any reason to drain our tax money over them nor when serving the army, patrol their settlements in the middle of the night to keep them safe only for them to spit on us and call us judo-naziz when they see us in the day
That seems very paternalistic, like they can't take care of themselves so you're being oh so self-sacrificing for them, the selfish bastards.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: August 29, 2013, 04:53:01 pm »

The only parts of the wall that are illegal are the ones not following the green line.
Which is a significant part of the wall. And the entirety of the Gaza wall, of course. (I'm pretty sure blockading a country from any acces to the outside world is illegal.)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: August 29, 2013, 04:56:00 pm »

Which is a significant part of the wall. And the entirety of the Gaza wall, of course. (I'm pretty sure blockading a country from any acces to the outside world is illegal.)
Is Gaza a country?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: August 29, 2013, 04:57:44 pm »

The entirety of Palestine is. Gaza is just the only part that is completely under Palestinian control. The situation is complicated however, as Gaza is under different control than the Westbank, and both are still considered occupied terretories.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 04:59:15 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1476 on: August 29, 2013, 04:58:45 pm »

I agree and most of the israelis also agree with that. we just don't see any reason to drain our tax money over them nor when serving the army, patrol their settlements in the middle of the night to keep them safe only for them to spit on us and call us judo-naziz when they see us in the day, but that still doesn't mean israel conduct in a large scale ethnic cleansing.

This is exactly how I would expect a Nazi-sympathizer to justify his inaction and complacency.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: August 29, 2013, 05:00:54 pm »

Gaza and West Bank might as well be different countries for how divided Hamas and Fatah are.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: August 29, 2013, 05:03:42 pm »

snip
Let's leave Godwin out of this, shall we. Don't want the thread locked.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: August 29, 2013, 05:04:40 pm »

gaza is a whole different story. there is a reason it is blocked, and that reason is called hamas. before the ruling of hamas, gaza had an almost free access of goods and workforce. hamas made us close that by deliberate injection of firearms and suicide bombers through the gates because of a very simple reason. money. the smuggling tunnels are a VERY profiting source of income for hamas. a single tunnel generate tens of thousands a dollars a day. hamas would never let go of his hostility because it knows that opening the gates (like it used to be before hamas) would make them lose their money and hence their power.

Also, not all of gaza is walled by israel, egypt is also responsible for their part of it. why aren't they opening it?

In the west bank, the majority of the wall is exactly over the green line.

Descan - what? you think the settlers could survive less than a day without my tax money or military protection?!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: August 29, 2013, 05:06:29 pm »

Which settlers? Palestinian or Israeli?

i'd rather there not -be- any Israeli settlements in non-Israeli, Israeli-occupied territories.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1481 on: August 29, 2013, 05:10:49 pm »

...we just don't see any reason to drain our tax money over them...

Descan - what? you think the settlers could survive less than a day without my tax money or military protection?!

This is a direct self contradiction.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: August 29, 2013, 05:11:44 pm »

gaza is a whole different story. there is a reason it is blocked, and that reason is called hamas. before the ruling of hamas, gaza had an almost free access of goods and workforce. hamas made us close that by deliberate injection of firearms and suicide bombers through the gates because of a very simple reason. money. the smuggling tunnels are a VERY profiting source of income for hamas. a single tunnel generate tens of thousands a dollars a day. hamas would never let go of his hostility because it knows that opening the gates (like it used to be before hamas) would make them lose their money and hence their power.
There's a giant hole in this story. Who buys stuff from the tunnels? Gaza's economy is completely and utterly bankrupt. Power's out (Powerplant was bombed), There's no water(pumps require power)and no possibility of export.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: August 29, 2013, 05:19:56 pm »

Which settlers? Palestinian or Israeli?

i'd rather there not -be- any Israeli settlements in non-Israeli, Israeli-occupied territories.

What? since when palestinians are called settlers? of course i was talking about the israeli settlers!

Nadaka - nope. please, either read again, or fix your logic. its not sound.

10ebbor10 - http://www.salon.com/2012/02/27/smugglers_tunnels_are_hamas_lifeblood/

"While tensions between the various factions within Hamas have long been rumored, until now the organization has been fairly good at managing such tensions in private. What explains the Gaza wing’s decision to so publicly disagree with its external leadership? The Rafah tunnel trade — and the considerable amount of revenue (estimates range as high as $20 million per month) that the Gaza Hamas wing derives from it — offers a clue as to why."

I can provide further links. anyway, gaza strip is in an utterly shit situation, but its not devoid entirely of money, it still gets foreign aid, also in the form of money.

There is power in gaza, israel provide it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 05:40:19 pm by burningpet »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: August 29, 2013, 05:22:44 pm »

According to wikipediaMost reliable source ever the power delivery was cut of concurrent with the bombing of the plant.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 1393