Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1743110 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #1455 on: August 28, 2013, 12:15:38 pm »

Putin and Medvedev in women's underwear with Putin doing Medvedev's hair.
Glorious.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: August 29, 2013, 11:42:57 am »

There's a pretty wide anti Israel basis. I mean, the difference in Faith should go a long way, and they haven't forgotten what happened to the Palestinians.

Happening...

Israel has not stopped its campaign of ethnic cleansing.

Ethnic cleansing? have you ever even been to israel?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: August 29, 2013, 01:52:21 pm »

Since Israel takes part in Eurovision, I hereby declare discussing Israel fit the thread.

Now, while there isn't ethnic cleansing taking place inside Israel proper (in no small part because the cleansing was largely done already), what's going on inside West Bank is definitely ethnic cleansing. A civilized kind of cleansing maybe, but cleansing all the same.

BTW, I find ironic the standard rhetoric of "Arabs are going to push Jews back in the sea if Israel don't defend itself", given that the Arabs were largely pushed into the sea back in the days.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: August 29, 2013, 01:57:16 pm »

What do you call the whole Palestine kerfuffle, then?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: August 29, 2013, 03:00:35 pm »

what's going on inside West Bank is definitely ethnic cleansing. A civilized kind of cleansing maybe, but cleansing all the same.

How is it an ethnic cleansing?

Forget the fact that muslims in israel enjoy the highest quality of life in the middle east if not the entire world in relation to other muslims (giving the fact that the richest countries like qatar, the emirates and saudi arabia are very oppressive, and trust me, muslim arabs love their freedom just as you do, and in israel, they enjoy it to its fullest). that's not the issue since we agreed that israel is in fact not conducting an ethnic cleansing inside its borders, please explain how israel is conducting an ethnic cleansing in an area who has some of the highest growth rates in the world.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: August 29, 2013, 03:12:48 pm »

Most of the West Bank is under Israel military control. Arabs there are banned from building new houses, and are regularly expropriated to make way for "natural parks" that after a few years are given up to settlers. Arabs town and cities are strangled by a network of checkpoints, walls and settlers-only highway. Most of the fertile land and water is stolen for settlers. Etc etc.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: August 29, 2013, 03:14:49 pm »

Today I have played that one Socrates philosophy game and learned a bit about how arguments work. Huzzah!

I don't think it was even mentioned here, but this is a matter of Israelis settling on land they have "allocated" to the Palestinians, and responding with lethal force when they protest. It fits the bill, specifically as "The systematic elimination of an ethnic group or groups from a region or society, as by deportation, forced emigration, or genocide. Emphasis added.

Forget the fact that muslims in israel enjoy the highest quality of life in the middle east if not the entire world in relation to other muslims (giving the fact that the richest countries like qatar, the emirates and saudi arabia are very oppressive, and trust me, muslim arabs love their freedom just as you do, and in israel, they enjoy it to its fullest). that's not the issue since we agreed that israel is in fact not conducting an ethnic cleansing inside its borders, please explain how israel is conducting an ethnic cleansing in an area who has some of the highest growth rates in the world.

...quality of life? Comparing to other nations? How in the seven divines is this related to ethnic cleansing? By all means, please explain how the fact Israeli Muslims are enjoying "the highest quality of life in the middle east if not the entire world in relation to other muslims" justifies their forced removal from other areas.

Apologies for jumping into an argument after Sheb's responded, but I want you to explain the latter part a bit~

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: August 29, 2013, 03:17:40 pm »

Gaza is worse off, but we can technically count that one as it's own micronation, so I shan't blame Israel for shooting back when they launch another of their rockets.

But yeah, The situation in Israel isn't great, and probably borderline illegal. Palestinian areas are removed as often as possible, walls, checkpoints and the like are even more troubling. The muslims in Israel proper might have a decent time, but those in the occupied areas certainly don't.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1463 on: August 29, 2013, 03:19:03 pm »

what's going on inside West Bank is definitely ethnic cleansing. A civilized kind of cleansing maybe, but cleansing all the same.

It is unquestionably an ethnic cleansing. The forcible expulsion of an ethnic group from a population and/or location to make room for another. That is the very definition of ethnic cleansing.

Most of the West Bank is under Israel military control. Arabs there are banned from building new houses, and are regularly expropriated to make way for "natural parks" that after a few years are given up to settlers. Arabs town and cities are strangled by a network of checkpoints, walls and settlers-only highway. Most of the fertile land and water is stolen for settlers. Etc etc.

exactly.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: August 29, 2013, 03:54:33 pm »

Palestines can build new houses, not only that, they are in the process of building a whole new city.

The water issue? http://www.biu.ac.il/SOC/besa/MSPS94.pdf  if you don't believe in this linked research, just come here and see how they waste water due to ignorance and how they illegally tap into our main pipelines and dig illegal wells. the water situation is simply on their fault.

Israel also evacuate settlers from their lands. are we now conducting a self ethnic cleansing?

Its not the perfect situation, not for them nor for israel, but its just not an ethnic cleansing.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: August 29, 2013, 04:00:31 pm »

A whole new city? Just for them? You know how that must sound.
This is a blank sig.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1466 on: August 29, 2013, 04:15:16 pm »

Palestines can build new houses, not only that, they are in the process of building a whole new city.

The water issue? http://www.biu.ac.il/SOC/besa/MSPS94.pdf  if you don't believe in this linked research, just come here and see how they waste water due to ignorance and how they illegally tap into our main pipelines and dig illegal wells. the water situation is simply on their fault.

Israel also evacuate settlers from their lands. are we now conducting a self ethnic cleansing?

Its not the perfect situation, not for them nor for israel, but its just not an ethnic cleansing.

Allowed to build houses, that are promptly bulldozed. Construction of Israeli settlement has never stopped. And digging illegal wells and tapping into water mains are exactly the kind of things any rational actor would do when an adequate supply of water is being withheld. There is a mountain of evidence supporting ethnic cleansing. This is a case where Israel is clearly and unquestionably in the wrong and needs to be stopped if you want to retain a moral high ground against the crap your Muslim neighbors are also guilty of.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: August 29, 2013, 04:17:09 pm »

IIRC, the water problems are partly Turkey's fault. They build a giant dam and cut of several rivers. Water is being exported through the so called pipeline of peace.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: August 29, 2013, 04:18:04 pm »

There is no justification for the Israeli settlers being permitted to build houses in the occupied territories, or for the Israeli government to use the threat of more houses being built as a bargaining chip with the USA.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: August 29, 2013, 04:28:45 pm »

I agree and most of the israelis also agree with that. we just don't see any reason to drain our tax money over them nor when serving the army, patrol their settlements in the middle of the night to keep them safe only for them to spit on us and call us judo-naziz when they see us in the day, but that still doesn't mean israel conduct in a large scale ethnic cleansing.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 1393