Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1743801 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #1230 on: August 07, 2013, 12:55:56 pm »

doesn't stop china though, china doesn't have two fucks to give about colonialism since they were a victim of it historically
I think China has enough people and territory to worry about.  Adding more things to manage ain't gonna help them win any points... anywhere.

they've got a lot of cash to blow, and in a time where chinese industries outsourcing work to vietnam or other asian countries are less and less unheard of they also need the resources africa can give them - and will give them, seeing that they're going to build the facilities themselves

take one look as to where exactly they are investing and tell me it's just charity (admittedly, this is last year data)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: August 07, 2013, 12:58:30 pm »

Infrastructure funding is definitely a thing that can work, it just needs a supporting economy (see: Marshall Plan). We should give infrastructure aid to the degree that the receiving nation may maintain it (which is to say, the exact opposite of what colonialism did). Microfinancing and technology which is reparable with local resources are the way to go.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: August 07, 2013, 01:16:31 pm »

Post removed due to misunderstanding... ?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 01:27:35 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: August 07, 2013, 01:21:54 pm »

I think he meant it as a compliment, after checking and rechecking a few times. It's ambiguous enough though.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: August 07, 2013, 01:26:38 pm »

I might misunderstand, but I read it as commending you rather than accusing you of anything too.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: August 07, 2013, 01:28:24 pm »

I think you might be right - though its hard to tell. To be on the safe side, I shall remove the follow up.
This is a blank sig.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: August 07, 2013, 04:11:20 pm »

BWAHAHAHA!
translation summation
- The Spanish president postured before the nation about "work groups" working to solve the "Gibraltar crisis"

- The British PM, and the governor/viceroy/whatever of Gibraltar say precisedly the contrary. In fact, according to the British Goverment the Spanish president  (stock photo) was bending over the demands of the UK goverment to stop the goddamn crisis he started himself.

So in summation,
- President Useless starts a crisis in order to lure attention away from his corruption stench (after having been drenched in manure by Mr Barcenas' Shit-projecting Fan).

- Since ETA is in a permanent-and-this-time-looks-for-real ceasefire, and he wasn't able to capitalize on anti-catalonian hatred, he decided to dust off the old Gibraltar trick from Franco's arsenal of political-posturing-bullshit. (I doubt there is even any merit whatsoever to his complaints to begin with - the way I hear it the "debris" being dumped was part of a joint Gibraltar-Andalusian project to make artificial reefs for wildlife. Even if there was some basis for complaint, the move was insanely out of proportion, in a way that would make Kim jong Un proud)

- Once again to noone's surprise, what worked fine for an isolationist fascist dictator turned out to be utterly absurd for an EU member, and he was rightfully called out for his bullshit. President Useless flees, while leaving a brown stain on his seat.

- Unsure on what to do, he once again picks a page from Kim Jong Un's manual and claims the contrary to the national media.

- Unsurprisingly, what works out for Best Korea doesn't work out so well for an EU member, and once again, he's called out for his bullshit and hilarity ensues.

You know what's the saddest bit? If elections were called today, the two mediocre-and-corrupt major parties would STILL get the majority vote, and odds are this colossal asshole would get reelected. . People *are* changing their vote to third-parties, but not enough, and at a depressingly slow rate
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 04:17:04 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: August 07, 2013, 04:28:29 pm »

I know a lot of us in the UK have beef with David Cameron but I always say thank god we don't have Mariano Rajoy.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: August 07, 2013, 04:36:08 pm »

I'm beggining to like Barcenas if only because of  the cartload of trouble he's making for his former party members, and the fear that he's inspiring in the whole political class... anyone could end up being on the sights of Barcenas' fan.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: August 08, 2013, 02:11:45 am »

As for China investing in Africa:

1) The infrastructure they build didn't have the time to crumble yet. Give it 20 years.

And 2) You already have a anti-chinese backlash in several African countries. The people on the ground don't like the fact that Chinese company import Chinese labor, and that the Chinese are perfectly happy to give cash to the elites while bypassing the folks on the ground.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: August 08, 2013, 09:07:20 am »

The Chinese also force their workers to work at Chinese standards. Very unpleasant.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: August 09, 2013, 03:24:03 am »

. http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE9770Y220130808?irpc=932

Tl, DR: Seven warships en route to Gibraltar. Mariano Rajoy requests urgently to his cabinet Cameron's cellphone and a set of clean underwear

I probably shouldnt take so much joy in this asshole's bluff exploding in his face. But  I cant help it.  I'll call it revolutionary defeatism instead of schladenfreude in order to save face

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: August 09, 2013, 03:26:54 am »

. http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE9770Y220130808?irpc=932

Tl, DR: Seven warships en route to Gibraltar. Mariano Rajoy requests urgently to his cabinet Cameron's cellphone and a set of clean underwear

I probably shouldnt take so much joy in this asshole's bluff exploding in his face. But  I cant help it.  I'll call it revolutionary defeatism instead of schladenfreude in order to save face

The article repeatedly stresses both sides saying it's annual, routine thing. Granted, the UK doing that every year could already say something, but this hardly looks like a response to what's going on. Waving your military dick at your fellow Europeans is considered bad taste, anyway.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: August 09, 2013, 04:16:16 am »

Mariano Rajoy deserves to get teabagged thoufh. He started this bullshit in order to draw attention áway from his obvious corruption scandal. And he blew out of proportion some Gibraltar bullshit (which both sides do every day with little consequence).

Dont get mw wrong Cameron's an ass and this is a dick move. But one cant honestly say Mr Rajoy doesnt deseve to get peed in the mouth

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: August 09, 2013, 04:31:46 am »

Dick move? So a ship stopping on a routine patrol is a dick move. Hmm. Ok.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 1393