Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1743767 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #1170 on: August 04, 2013, 12:32:26 pm »

Bah, it's just Europe. Let those snail-eating, beer-swigling, steam-bathing, garlic-smelling, fish-slapping, vodka-abusing, mountain-joddling, shadow-lazing, sea-food-snorting communist pigs care for themselves.
Love, scriver~

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: August 04, 2013, 12:34:53 pm »

Minor Derail?

Yes, if you looked about a page before we agreed that Majikero would be able to chat about Philippino experiences with separatism.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: August 04, 2013, 01:58:41 pm »

Minor Derail?

Yes, if you looked about a page before we agreed that Majikero would be able to chat about Philippino experiences with separatism.
I'm fine with that. Just don't need a an analyses of Modern English around the world.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: August 05, 2013, 03:40:23 am »

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: August 05, 2013, 04:58:07 am »

Here, Britain, let me make your argument for you: Twowords. That's all.

IT'S HAPPENING

No, Russia still haven't attacked any European country.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: August 05, 2013, 05:43:59 am »

For the record: I'd much rather have a federal republic than an independent state
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: August 05, 2013, 05:50:00 am »

The  media around here are claiming the British are the ones making trouble.

Not that I particularily believe it. It's far likelier than our goverment decided to blow out
Of proportion some lame shit in order to draw attention away from their corruption scandal.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: August 05, 2013, 08:44:08 am »

Can Spain even finance a war right now? They're supposed to be cutting back spending last time I heard. It's not like they can field an Armada at the moment.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: August 05, 2013, 08:48:20 am »

It's not about making war, it's about making symbolic gesture to appease the populace at home while arguing about some artificial reef.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: August 05, 2013, 08:48:45 am »

Of course not. They won't even dare doing that. Hell, they can't even afford the sanctions they threathen to implement against Gibraltar (Who do you thinks gets hurt the most by a 50 euro border fee: the few Gibraltarians that have to cross for some reason or another, or the thousands of Spanish who work on the other side of the border).

Said fee is illegal under European law, IIRC. And if the UK isn't exempt.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 08:57:39 am by 10ebbor10 »

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: August 05, 2013, 08:52:13 am »

Our media is talking up this Gibraltar issue as though Spain is about to declare war or do something very silly (they keep quoting that "the party's over" thing) while it seems the Spanish media may be doing the same. It just shows how close Spain is to fracturing if they need to start picking fights with close neighbours over territorial issues to keep the population united.

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: August 05, 2013, 10:41:15 am »

Our media is talking up this Gibraltar issue as though Spain is about to declare war or do something very silly (they keep quoting that "the party's over" thing) while it seems the Spanish media may be doing the same. It just shows how close Spain is to fracturing if they need to start picking fights with close neighbours over territorial issues to keep the population united.

Isnt their government (Spains) in some kind of corruption scandal? They obviously want to divert public attention to other things. They feel their chair rocking under them. If there is one thing these politicians fear, it is loss of approval.

Also our government is doing the same thing, although in smaller scale.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: August 05, 2013, 10:51:45 am »

Isnt their government (Spains) in some kind of corruption scandal? They obviously want to divert public attention to other things. They feel their chair rocking under them. If there is one thing these politicians fear, it is loss of approval.

Also our government is doing the same thing, although in smaller scale.

They are, a big one. The prime minister has tried giving it the silent treatment or week but it didn't go away, so now they're trying something else, I guess.
Love, scriver~

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: August 05, 2013, 11:59:24 am »

Catalonia is sitting as one of the wealthier provinces of Spain, watching it collapse around it while also suffering from the fallout. They apparently have a political establishment that is chiefly left-wing or Populist (like that of Scotland), while the Spanish government is led by the equivalent of our own Conservative Party (they are seemingly just as incompetent). Now I hear there's a corruption scandal. They have also been able to muster a pro-independence rally of over a million people. The Spanish government is also digging its heels in petulantly over a referendum while the Catalan government is still pushing, citing the British situation of amicability as an example, showing up the Spanish government.

My god, if Catalonia doesn't secede from Spain in the next year or two when they hold their referendum I'll eat my own shoes.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 1393