Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1743921 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #1020 on: July 30, 2013, 07:43:57 pm »

... far less reasons to, though. Not that there's really notable amount of reasons to invade Russia, either.* Canada's already got a free trade agreement with the states. Occupation'd just be more or less a political formality, not so much an economic one. There wouldn't really be a reason to bother.

So... don't worry, Descy. Your joint's already under the stars n'stripes jackboot. It's just, y'know, formal wear instead of an actual jackboot.

Something like that, anyway. I've already been awake long enough my head's going fuzzy.

*There's much less expensive means of control to use, after all.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: July 30, 2013, 07:48:40 pm »

It'd be faaaar easier to invade and occupy, and plunder, Canada than Russia, for sooo many reasons.
Wait a minute, I've thought you guys were already American puppets, and that Commonwealth membership is just a disguise.
What natural resources do you have that Russia does not?
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: July 30, 2013, 07:50:54 pm »

It'd be faaaar easier to invade and occupy, and plunder, Canada than Russia, for sooo many reasons.
Wait a minute, I've thought you guys were already American puppets, and that Commonwealth membership is just a disguise.
What natural resources do you have that Russia does not?

Maple syrup, eh?
._.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: July 30, 2013, 08:07:23 pm »

I think Canada has easier to get resources and more uranium.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1024 on: July 30, 2013, 08:08:49 pm »

IIRC Australia has a whole lot more uranium. So if anyone needs some liberal application of FREEDOM it's the aussies.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: July 30, 2013, 08:10:18 pm »

Am I the only one who still thinks that World War III is very likely to happen in the foreseeable future?
WWII didn't happen with nukes around. Even amongst the new emerging powers, none would be so bold or so foolish as to go stirring the international kettle. It'd take something like a resource crisis to start, but a resource crisis in itself would be enough to be a candidate for "end of the world," or at the very least the end of industrial civilization.
Many Russian sources claim that American economy is so screwed that the American government is actively trying to provoke other countries into starting World War 3 or other major war in order to profit from arms sales World War I-style, or planning to invade, occupy and plunder some country full of natural resources (like Russia). Otherwise, the American economy would soon collapse and the US would be plunged into chaos.
Well that's just silly. Modern wars cost way, way, way more money than one could ever recoup from arms sales or resource occupation. Wars hemorrhage money, one is far better off making an investment that isn't likely to be literally blown up.

Not to mention that there would be no global economy after a WWIII scenario, what with the nuclear winter.

Your sources sound like conspiracy theorists to me.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: July 30, 2013, 08:15:19 pm »

Metal you have any Idea how many cold war surplus the US has? They need some way to get rid of this stuff before it gets to old.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: July 30, 2013, 08:57:34 pm »

Am I the only one who still thinks that World War III is very likely to happen in the foreseeable future?
WWII didn't happen with nukes around. Even amongst the new emerging powers, none would be so bold or so foolish as to go stirring the international kettle. It'd take something like a resource crisis to start, but a resource crisis in itself would be enough to be a candidate for "end of the world," or at the very least the end of industrial civilization.
Many Russian sources claim that American economy is so screwed that the American government is actively trying to provoke other countries into starting World War 3 or other major war in order to profit from arms sales World War I-style, or planning to invade, occupy and plunder some country full of natural resources (like Russia). Otherwise, the American economy would soon collapse and the US would be plunged into chaos.
Well that's just silly. Modern wars cost way, way, way more money than one could ever recoup from arms sales or resource occupation. Wars hemorrhage money, one is far better off making an investment that isn't likely to be literally blown up.

Not to mention that there would be no global economy after a WWIII scenario, what with the nuclear winter.

On a technicality, the money has to go somewhere.
Someone profits from the arms sales... yes?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: July 31, 2013, 02:48:01 am »

IIRC Australia has a whole lot more uranium. So if anyone needs some liberal application of FREEDOM it's the aussies.
Obligatory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: July 31, 2013, 05:52:26 am »

While the money does go somewhere, and arm merchants do benefits, from the US point of view this is far less than all the stuff you loose by virtue of it being blown up by the arms you just sold.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: July 31, 2013, 06:17:01 am »

Its a lie I tell you! There is nothing here, the entire place is a barren desert full of large angry reptiles and incredibly deadly jellyfish, devoid of anything of value.
Go to Portugal, I hear they have huge stockpiles of uranium and oil and weeping eagles. What ever you need. Just not here.

Also, hello Europe. I might sometimes lurk here.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 31, 2013, 08:14:25 am »

Firstly, these Russians sources claim that America can simply print more money to cover the costs of prolonged war. According to them, US dollars are not pegged to anything (instead, all other currencies are pegged to dollar), so 'murricans don't fear inflation.
Secondly, these Russian sources point at American economic recovery following the Great Depression and World War II and claim that America is trying to provoke a full-scale conventional war (presumably, far away from own borders) in order to recover the struggling American economy with military contracts.
In my opinion, it's unclear how (or where) will 'murricans produce all the weapons for the war effort in case of an economic mobilization. Most of American industrial capacities are already located in China or elsewhere.
Thirdly, those Russian sources claim that where war cannot be won easily, America is financing human rights organizations and liberal opposition movements in order to overthrow the government and set up an American client state (or to throw the country into chaos, so China and Russia couldn't invest into it).
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: July 31, 2013, 08:31:04 am »

Human rights organizations. Truly the most terrifying and militant of adversaries. I'd be scared too.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1033 on: July 31, 2013, 08:31:20 am »

Obligatory.
Perfect.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: July 31, 2013, 08:39:56 am »

Firstly, these Russians sources claim that America can simply print more money to cover the costs of prolonged war. According to them, US dollars are not pegged to anything (instead, all other currencies are pegged to dollar), so 'murricans don't fear inflation.
Secondly, these Russian sources point at American economic recovery following the Great Depression and World War II and claim that America is trying to provoke a full-scale conventional war (presumably, far away from own borders) in order to recover the struggling American economy with military contracts.
In my opinion, it's unclear how (or where) will 'murricans produce all the weapons for the war effort in case of an economic mobilization. Most of American industrial capacities are already located in China or elsewhere.
Thirdly, those Russian sources claim that where war cannot be won easily, America is financing human rights organizations and liberal opposition movements in order to overthrow the government and set up an American client state (or to throw the country into chaos, so China and Russia couldn't invest into it).
Well, your Russian sources are quite simply wrong.

The first point belays a total lack of understanding concerning economics. USD is pegged to a few currencies, but not even remotely enough to make what you are describing. And this isn't a cure for inflation. It might slow inflation, if one is being generous. The dollar has been plenty inflated, and will likely continue to be.

Military contracts weren't the source of the post-WWII boom, it was massive spending resultant from the end of the largest war in human history. And demonstrates a profound lack of history, considering that the USSR saw similar growth to the USA in this time period.

As for the third, I say again, conspiracy theorist logic. Yeah, the human rights organizations of the world are all secretly puppets of the US government. Sure. Even when some of them are acting against (Corporate) American interests.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 1393