Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1751079 times)

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #9960 on: August 31, 2014, 01:09:20 am »

Absolutely not. If he was to shoot that plane down(I fail to see a reason that would make him do that), I think he'd surprise Moscow - they genuinely wouldn't expect him to do something like that. And if he did it, what would proceed would be, I imagine, like the aftermath of poking a really pointy needle into a hibernating bear's ass, then slapping him in the face with a honeycomb full of dead bees and running away.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 05:04:12 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9962 on: August 31, 2014, 05:33:55 am »

poroshenko wouldn't have the balls, even if he did, that's a casus belli better than the georgians gave
What Poroshenko wants doesn't matter. The Anti-air crew doesn't have the time to call to his office and back.

And when the system detects a non-allied plane, using military identification frequencies, breaching your airspace, opening fire is the logical option.

Hell, they'd be justified as well.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9963 on: August 31, 2014, 06:21:04 am »

poroshenko wouldn't have the balls, even if he did, that's a casus belli better than the georgians gave
What Poroshenko wants doesn't matter. The Anti-air crew doesn't have the time to call to his office and back.

And when the system detects a non-allied plane, using military identification frequencies, breaching your airspace, opening fire is the logical option.

Hell, they'd be justified as well.

we're talking about a plane flying slovakia-hungary-romania over crimea, heading to russia and being shot at from odessa

now, i dunno the exact intricacies of airspace beyond this whole "3d area above your land + territorial waters" but a brief skim of the wikipedia page regarding the launcher sergarr pointed out tells me that with a range of anywhere between 75-195km (same page tells me ukraine has the 195km version, but hey) the plane could be comfortably shot down from all the way in nowhere

use this to draw a circle around odessa if you want

now if i've fucked up my research and the plane can be shot down from the middle of the black sea or what will you we'd have anything to discuss at least
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 06:23:45 am by LordSlowpoke »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9965 on: August 31, 2014, 06:48:14 am »

Pff, That flag of one Russian party is cooler:

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9967 on: August 31, 2014, 08:01:29 am »

The Ukrainians have better looking improvised armoured vehicles for what it's worth.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9968 on: August 31, 2014, 08:01:59 am »

So apparently Putin has demanded talks about independence for south-eastern Ukraine.

Europe is thinking about sanctions. Maybe next week, they say.

Where's a Churchill or a Helmut Schmidt when you need one?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9969 on: August 31, 2014, 08:14:24 am »

what do you need a schmidt for? fixing up russia's economy? killing off your domestic terrorists?

churchill though

sure go ahead

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9970 on: August 31, 2014, 08:17:25 am »

And maybe a Roosevelt, either Teddy Roosevelt or FDR. Obama should be tougher on Putin IMO.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9971 on: August 31, 2014, 08:21:13 am »

Obama has consistently been more hawkish on this while Europe drags it's feet.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9972 on: August 31, 2014, 08:21:39 am »

what do you need a schmidt for? fixing up russia's economy? killing off your domestic terrorists?
Sensible Russia policies. Double-Track Decision FTW!

How about we just start lobbing a few ballistic missiles without warheads into Luhansk? Just to show that we can...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9974 on: August 31, 2014, 08:44:51 am »

How do you even combo from invading the other country to immediately calling for peace talks?
._.
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 1393