Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1750976 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #9945 on: August 30, 2014, 12:28:01 pm »

inb4 heavily armed Russian "self-defense" units appear overnight in Kostanay and North Kaz. They would be in a much tighter place though, as Tselinograd Astana is almost 25% Russian, and borders regions that have a Russian majority.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 12:36:43 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9946 on: August 30, 2014, 12:38:38 pm »

I suspect in that case China may express "concerns"  because unlike Ukraine, Kazakhstan is a notable trading partner for China

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9947 on: August 30, 2014, 01:05:35 pm »

Isn't Russia a notable trade partner with China, too?
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9948 on: August 30, 2014, 01:07:13 pm »

Yeah, but since Russia wasn't invading itself, the Chinese don't care. If anything, the whole business has been good for them, with Russia now more and more dependent on China.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9949 on: August 30, 2014, 04:31:57 pm »

I want to understand one thing

Ukraine got a battalion commander who used facebook posts to

a)Demand  high command to send aid to his encircled unit.
b)Call the aforementioned high command traitors.
c)Incite anti-government  protest to support his demands
d)Spread panic about inevitable large losses and called for a revolt if this losses will happen
e)Inform the whole world about size of the forces in the encircled city with exact number of men, KIA, WIA numbers, weaponry present and ammunition remaining

Why the hell there are people who believe that he is a hero? Sometimes my nation is weird...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 04:36:06 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9950 on: August 30, 2014, 04:51:42 pm »

Soldiers and social media mix not

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #9951 on: August 30, 2014, 05:31:23 pm »

A real military isn't made overnight, it tke years to get peoples in the right mood. Russia is prepeared, Ukraine is not. And European politicans are not able to deal with that kind of problems at all.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9952 on: August 30, 2014, 05:59:55 pm »

Problem is that large part of society is not ready to get loses as high as at Illovaisk. It is no  definitive data but looks like we lost hundreds there in killed+wounded+captured. And someone tries to create impression that its personal Poroshenko's fault. Even worse, many actually believe that it was done intentionally to kill patriots that are dangerous for him.   As if there are wars without bad failures

And yep, high command is partially guilty. But low level commanders and soldiers themselves are guilty, too. War doesn't forgive lack of discipline. You don't disobey orders, you don't fucking post military secrets in Facebook, you don't use cellphones that are big "Russians, shoot here" sign. Learning to wage war is always expensive... Price is blood. And lessons should be taken

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9953 on: August 30, 2014, 06:39:35 pm »

As unlikely as it is, it could still be an elaborate ploy to get the encircling troops to assault a force that is far more prepared than they think it is.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9954 on: August 30, 2014, 08:58:33 pm »

The Russian forces near Mariupol have done nothing for two days after capturing Novoazov.

I thing they're not going to attack the Mariupol itself but rather force the Ukrainian troops to defend it instead to going for a deblockation strike north.

EDIT: Well looks like Russia now has an agent of influence in EU sphere. With veto powers. This is getting better and better *sarcasm*.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 11:40:53 pm by Sergarr »
._.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #9955 on: August 31, 2014, 12:05:01 am »

Just the other day, Russian Minister of Defence, Sergey Shoygu, returning from Slovakia from the 70th anniversary of the national uprising, was turned back from Polish airspace due to proceduers - the flight was registered as military, not civillian. Poland claims that "there is no political context" and the flight was turned back "due to procedures". Likewise, Russia states that turning back the plane "posed a real threat for the safety of the flight" and that this incident "will obviously not go without an adequate reaction from Russia".
After the flight was reclassified to civillian, it was allowed in the airspace.

(source: http://en.itar-tass.com/world/747334)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9956 on: August 31, 2014, 12:16:55 am »

It's also not the first time his flight was turned back by Poland.
._.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9957 on: August 31, 2014, 12:19:48 am »

kinda weird russians actually fly over poland in this day and age

should've looped around hungary/romania and went through crimea just for kicks

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9958 on: August 31, 2014, 12:23:58 am »

Dude, Ukraine has at least 6 S-300 anti-air systems, and there's a battery of these in Odessa.

There is a non-zero chance that somebody would want to use them on a MoD of enemy country flying nearby.
._.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9959 on: August 31, 2014, 12:25:27 am »

poroshenko wouldn't have the balls, even if he did, that's a casus belli better than the georgians gave
Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 1393