Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1750027 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #9600 on: August 25, 2014, 02:45:17 pm »

Someone fill me in, what did the Kiev parliament do?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9601 on: August 25, 2014, 02:49:03 pm »

Someone fill me in, what did the Kiev parliament do?
It was elected while Yanukovich was in power and thus are labeled traitors, like Yanukonich himself.

Also I'm sure imprisoning one quarter of your parlament will show Europe how "democratic" your country is.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9602 on: August 25, 2014, 02:57:22 pm »

You see... imprisoning corrupt politicians for their crimes doesn't contradict democracy
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9603 on: August 25, 2014, 03:00:44 pm »

it doesn't, but it sure contradicts the western political system

fun times that

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9604 on: August 25, 2014, 03:02:23 pm »

It was elected while Yanukovich was in power and thus are labeled traitors, like Yanukonich himself.
Also I'm sure imprisoning one quarter of your parlament will show Europe how "democratic" your country is.
I'm pretty certain arresting politicians under charges of corruption is perfectly healthy for democracy and is rather well needed much more often in Western democracy. Lord knows corruption was a major problem in Ukrainian "democracy" before and after Yanukovich was ousted.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9605 on: August 25, 2014, 03:09:05 pm »

http://www.unian.ua/politics/955169-oprilyudneno-foto-zatrimanih-rosiyskih-viyskovih.html#ad-image-8 Ten Russian paratroopers captured in Ukraine. In Ukrainian. With Photos. They don't look happy[/url]

For Sergarr: I mean that is not real paratroopers, of cause it is staged. It is impossible for Russia to do something like sending paratroopers to a sovereign state, right?  Everyone knows that there are only locals with few foreign volunteers

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9606 on: August 25, 2014, 03:12:56 pm »

Well, let's see how the parliamentarians themselves will react to that. Maybe they'll decide to oust Poroshenko instead of quietly going away, lol. Many of these people have a lot of influence themselves...

To UR: point to where I've said there are no Russian paratroopers in Ukraine.

I don't remember denying that fact, lol.

In fact, I will proclaim that there are definitely Russian paratroopers in Ukraine.

Whatcha gonna do about it, huh?
._.

WarRoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9607 on: August 25, 2014, 04:21:41 pm »

Dude, do you really enjoy doing this?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9608 on: August 25, 2014, 04:26:48 pm »

I have another question. If ten are captured, then how many is killed? Do you have a slightest pity for them, Sergarr? Or that a necessary sacrifice for Great Russia and you can't care less?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9609 on: August 25, 2014, 04:27:34 pm »

Whatcha gonna do about it, huh?

I imagine he is going to vote for a government in a democratic election that will appoint a military to shoot the paratroopers with bullets, thus killing them and rendering his country safe.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9610 on: August 25, 2014, 04:34:06 pm »

BTW, guys, how do you think what will Russia say about this captured guys....

I have several versions
a) Say nothing
b) Say that this guys are volunteers that served in Russian army long time ago
c) Announce that this guys are cowardly deserters and crossed into Ukraine without an order
d) Same as C, but they are ethnic Ukrainian Right Sector members who betrayed mother Russia

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9611 on: August 25, 2014, 04:39:28 pm »

My vote goes for option a). After all, if you say nothing, it is hard to incriminate yourself further.
This is a blank sig.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9612 on: August 25, 2014, 04:46:04 pm »

That's hard anyway for Russia.

More interesting: What will happen to those ten? Kiev kinda can't let them go without something happening to Crimea...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9613 on: August 25, 2014, 04:48:11 pm »

Well, does the Geneva convention apply in this case? Are they technically enemy combatants without on overt declaration of war?
This is a blank sig.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9614 on: August 25, 2014, 04:56:38 pm »

Well, does the Geneva convention apply in this case? Are they technically enemy combatants without on overt declaration of war?
Yes, explicitly.
Quote from: Wikipedia
Common Article 2 relating to International Armed Conflicts

This article states that the Geneva Conventions apply to all cases of international conflict, where at least one of the warring nations have ratified the Conventions. Primarily:

The Conventions apply to all cases of declared war between signatory nations. This is the original sense of applicability, which predates the 1949 version.
    The Conventions apply to all cases of armed conflict between two or more signatory nations, even in the absence of a declaration of war. This language was added in 1949 to accommodate situations that have all the characteristics of war without the existence of a formal declaration of war, such as a police action.[12]
    The Conventions apply to a signatory nation even if the opposing nation is not a signatory, but only if the opposing nation "accepts and applies the provisions" of the Conventio
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 05:01:36 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 1393