Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1748192 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #9195 on: August 15, 2014, 03:17:43 pm »

Well, probably,  many of that APCs don't exist anymore. So... you can't see something that doesn't exist, right?

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9196 on: August 15, 2014, 06:01:17 pm »

"No that's not an APC wreck, that's just part of flight MH17"
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9197 on: August 16, 2014, 04:54:42 am »

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9198 on: August 16, 2014, 05:41:02 am »

Unless you're trying to imply that somebody smuggled something from the aid convoy with foreign reporters around it 24/7 I don't see what you're getting at.
._.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9199 on: August 16, 2014, 09:31:02 am »

Is that even the same kind of truck? The mostly empty one with bags of grain inside looks like the walls are corrugated sheet metal, while the "budgie smuggler"* looks like it's got cloth sides stretched over a loose wire frame.

*note: slang term for briefs, so called because it looks like you have a small parrot stuffed down the front of your pants
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9200 on: August 16, 2014, 10:12:59 am »

Unless you're trying to imply that somebody smuggled something from the aid convoy with foreign reporters around it 24/7 I don't see what you're getting at.

Curious what makes you so certain that the foreign reporters were actually watching the trucks 24/7. Maybe they were, maybe they weren't, journalists do have to sleep some time.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9201 on: August 16, 2014, 10:26:42 am »

And that's a lot of trucks to keep track of.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9202 on: August 16, 2014, 12:43:33 pm »

All of them are white colored and moving in a single column.

Seriously, if Russia wanted to smuggle something to rebels/terrorists, they could have just walked over a border with normal non-white vehicles. Like that BMP column that the Guardian reporters have observed. The humanitarian convoy is serving two purposes:
1) it's humanitarian aid, the citizens (and probably rebels/terrorists, too...) out there need it and nobody else (except for Ukraine) is moving in to provide it.
2) it exerts a great deal of psychological pressure on Ukraine government and their citizens, making them more likely to do stupid things like preemptively bombing it into the ground out of irrational fear.
3) it concentrates the attention of the world on it, diverting it from something probably more important.

EDIT: added in a bit UR showed me.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 01:39:21 pm by Sergarr »
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9203 on: August 16, 2014, 01:35:01 pm »

1) it's humanitarian aid, the citizens (and probably rebels/terrorists, too...) out there need it and nobody else is moving in to provide it.

Not lying Russians are so rare nowadays.... - http://seo-top-news.com.ua/nsdc-kyiv-kharkiv-and-dnipropetrovsk-send-humanitarian-aid-to-donetsk-and-luhansk-oblasts-35121/

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9204 on: August 16, 2014, 01:37:16 pm »

And how you're going to insure the rebels don't get their arms onto this humanitarian aid?

EDIT: Just saw this in the news:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-28817347

"The new rebel leader in east Ukraine's Donetsk region has said his forces include 1,200 fighters who underwent military training in Russia.

Addressing a meeting, Alexander Zakharchenko said the fighters had trained "four months on the territory of the Russian Federation".

The rebels, he said, had reserves of 150 combat vehicles, including tanks."

I can add in that he said that there were only about 30 tanks, all other combat vehicles are BTRs and BMPs. Still, very impressive.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 01:44:09 pm by Sergarr »
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9205 on: August 16, 2014, 01:43:39 pm »

Are they ready to attack Red Cross? Good. Maybe that will force the West to name them terrorist organizations

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9206 on: August 16, 2014, 01:46:19 pm »

I think they're ready to attack your army, UR.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9207 on: August 16, 2014, 01:47:32 pm »

Later, the International Red Cross Committee trucks will depart for Donbas cities.
Cough

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9208 on: August 16, 2014, 01:50:06 pm »

Still don't see where the rebels said they will attack Red Cross vehicles.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9209 on: August 16, 2014, 01:57:57 pm »

Haven't seen the edit. That is an answer on that
And how you're going to insure the rebels don't get their arms onto this humanitarian aid?

As for 1200 fighters that trained in Russia and 150 vehicles? More stuff to destroy. After all chances are that we'll have to deal with entire Russian Army soon.

Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 1393