Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1749007 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #8715 on: August 05, 2014, 11:28:40 am »

Well, you could look at the appropriate statistics and notice that Russians are indeed a minority in the area in question.
And you could ask yourself: When you flee, do you run _towards_ the fighting or _away_ from it?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8716 on: August 05, 2014, 11:29:33 am »

And you could ask yourself: When you flee, do you run _towards_ the fighting or _away_ from it?
Fleeing towards danger is self defeating

ivze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8717 on: August 05, 2014, 11:38:23 am »

Russia is calling an UN session on Ukraine at 21:00 UTC today.
http://itar-tass.com/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/1362119

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8718 on: August 05, 2014, 12:01:48 pm »

Fleeing towards danger is self defeating
Precisely.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8719 on: August 05, 2014, 12:34:12 pm »

Especially since the Ukraine wanted UN forces from the beginning, but Russia blocked it.
The Bay12 postcard club

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8720 on: August 05, 2014, 12:39:21 pm »

I would assume they're fleeing to Russia and Crimea because they're Russian, but I can't identify what language the people being shelled speak as I can't tell the difference between Ukrainian and Russian :(
Bad way to differentiate :) Especially in Eastern Ukraine :)
Most Ukrainians there use Russian language

As for the security council:
My pessimistic prediction: Russia will propose to move their "peacekeepers" in Ukraine. Such resolution will never pass. Russia will say "we tried" and move troops in Ukraine

Because moving troops in without permission from UN is bad, but moving troops in without even asking UN is worse
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8721 on: August 05, 2014, 12:40:35 pm »

Russia is calling an UN session on Ukraine at 21:00 UTC today.
http://itar-tass.com/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/1362119
I swear that the Russian government has no sense of irony.

'There's a humanitarian crisis in Ukraine that we started! We must work to end it! See! We're being good guys here!'
Of course you will provide proof of Russia causing Ukrainian army to block and shell the city, causing humanitarian crisis.

Or is it just empty talk?
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8722 on: August 05, 2014, 01:08:26 pm »

But that was a spontaneous will of Crimean people. You can't blame Russia!

PS. Dear Brent Oil price, keep falling, keep falling. I got a new way to distress myself: visiting investing.com and looking at various Russia related stuff. -6% for Aeroflot today is especially pleasing.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8723 on: August 05, 2014, 01:35:17 pm »

I fail to notice the correlation between the absolutely bloodless capture of Crimea (which would not have been Ukrainian anyway if not for Khrushchev's stupid inner politics) and the bloody war in the East Ukraine which is still going on, and in which the people who die the most are the unarmed civilians.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8724 on: August 05, 2014, 01:38:34 pm »

Difference is simple

This time Ukraine started to shoot down that Spetnaz crap without insignia

Logic: We invade, you start shooting that means you are bad is epic
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 01:45:50 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8725 on: August 05, 2014, 01:46:55 pm »

And yet Ukrainian troops despite severely outnumbering, out-gunning and out-mobilizing the militia, manages to get surrounded and desert en masse.

I haven't heard any news of militiamen surrendering yet.
._.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8726 on: August 05, 2014, 01:49:49 pm »

And yet Ukrainian troops despite severely outnumbering, out-gunning and out-mobilizing the militia, manages to get surrounded and desert en masse.

And you still doubt Russian involvement?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8727 on: August 05, 2014, 01:58:02 pm »

Can you Stop that nonsense about militia commanded by Russian officers, and using Russian tanks, artillery and SAM systems? Why each and every known commander of "militia" is a Russian citizen? They do use some local cannon fodder, but that is unimportant

As for that retreat, it is a failure, but there are no wars without defeats, And that is not exactly a surrender. They are back in Ukraine, ready to return to the front after being rearmed

I must say that Russian soldiers are losers, If Syrian rebels had one third of support that "militia" gets, Assad would be dead, long, long, long time ago

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8728 on: August 05, 2014, 02:02:04 pm »

And you still doubt Russian involvement?
No, but you seem to ignore that it is Ukraine who's constantly escalating the situation since the Crimea's capture. They could have used diplomatic methods to appease Strelkov, or try to aim-bomb him, and only him, since he's the leader. Instead we see massive shelling of cities.

Can you Stop that nonsense about militia commanded by Russian officers, and using Russian tanks, artillery and SAM systems? Why each and every known commander of "militia" is a Russian citizen? They do use some local cannon fodder, but that is unimportant

As for that retreat, it is a failure, but there are no wars without defeats, And that is not exactly a surrender. They are back in Ukraine, ready to return to the front after being rearmed

I must say that Russian soldiers are losers, If Syrian rebels had one third of support that "militia" gets, Assad would be dead, long, long, long time ago
No, they're going to jail for being "deserters" and "traitors". They were on Russian territory, weaponless, and you consider Ukraine to be at war with Russia, yes? So they're going to jail, because this is a very Ukrainian thing to do.
._.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8729 on: August 05, 2014, 02:09:42 pm »

You are saying Ukraine should've appeased a Russian citizen who wants to carve a big chunk out of the country and give it to the bad neighbor who just annexed their front lawn? Seriously? How, exactly, should they have appeased him, apart from 'If you stop now, we won't tear you limb from limb'?
The Bay12 postcard club
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 1393