Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1746924 times)

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #7155 on: July 01, 2014, 11:58:07 am »

coming back to this whole thing, aren't the separatists hella conservative i mean they shouted stuff like eurosodom etc.

if i didn't do a bit of research beforehand and find out they're legit stupid i'd justify this as a stealth insult

The irredentists (especially in Crimea) love to call their fight a fight against "Fascists" in Kiev, despite agreeing with pretty much every single part of Fascist doctrine. Idiot leftists who just want an excuse to attack US foreign policy are selectively blind to this.

Pretty much! It actually seems that no matter where pro-Russians start a riot or protest or whatever, then they call everybody from the west a fascist. No matter how liberal the country is. The "anti-fascists" actually represent fascism to the T or have strong traits of fascism.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 11:59:58 am by vagel7 »
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7156 on: July 01, 2014, 02:29:38 pm »

coming back to this whole thing, aren't the separatists hella conservative i mean they shouted stuff like eurosodom etc.

if i didn't do a bit of research beforehand and find out they're legit stupid i'd justify this as a stealth insult

The irredentists (especially in Crimea) love to call their fight a fight against "Fascists" in Kiev, despite agreeing with pretty much every single part of Fascist doctrine. Idiot leftists who just want an excuse to attack US foreign policy are selectively blind to this.

Pretty much! It actually seems that no matter where pro-Russians start a riot or protest or whatever, then they call everybody from the west a fascist. No matter how liberal the country is. The "anti-fascists" actually represent fascism to the T or have strong traits of fascism.
Now all Putin and friends are missing is to re-establish Soviet Union with it's methods and ideologies to fight backward elements of Russia that want to drag Russia back to communism...
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7157 on: July 01, 2014, 03:10:00 pm »

Well, Ilarionov, a former advisor of Putin, said that Putin's  ambition goes far beyond recreating USSR and he wants to regain all "Russian" territories. Including Finland and Poland.

Luckily failure in Ukraine will make all that less likely. Yeah, Ukraine 2014 is one huge failure for Putin. Why I think so?  He got way less than he wanted. One thing that pleases me most: He lost war for Ukrainian souls, huge majority of Ukrainians will not fight for Russia... WW3 will be not like WW2, WW1, Napoleonic wars, Russian-Turkish wars, Russian-Swedish war and many more wars were millions of Ukrainians died for Russian interests. This time most of Ukrainians will be on the right side
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7158 on: July 01, 2014, 03:12:46 pm »

there is no such thing as a righteous war

this is a very basic concept

you of all people should understand it, what with saying millions of ukrainians died for no good reason

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7159 on: July 01, 2014, 03:24:09 pm »

Nazis

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7160 on: July 01, 2014, 03:26:54 pm »

Nazis

well finally somebody said the nazis were righteous i've been looking to get rid of this

* LordSlowpoke quickly removes swastika shirt

* LordSlowpoke dumps it on loud whispers

* LordSlowpoke runs the fuck away

have fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7161 on: July 01, 2014, 03:38:48 pm »

Right, somebody's getting smacked. You've havin a right liberty if you think you're gonna give me your damn nazishirt.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7162 on: July 01, 2014, 05:51:51 pm »

S.2277 - Russian Aggression Prevention Act of 2014. Wow. Just wow

Way more than I expected. It is a project and it is not passed yet. I hope it will

Spoiler: cool part (click to show/hide)

Not refrain from escalating situation further, not stop supplying militants in Eastern Ukraine, not pull forces from Ukrainian Eastern. Pull forces away from Ukrainian territory now or some of your "minor" companies will be sanctioned:
Spoiler: neat list (click to show/hide)

Largest banks, natural gas and oil exporting companies, defense industry.... I was sure that it will start with very minor companies.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 06:05:08 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7163 on: July 01, 2014, 07:45:49 pm »

The military assistance to Ukraine is likely to be amended to nothing or be made into a separate bill. Most of that I can see having large bipartisan support besides that part. Don't ask me why, I'm not the one who would disagree with it. Just for ease of passing it'll probably be made into a straight sanction-Russia but this time it'll actually have teeth.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7164 on: July 01, 2014, 08:37:22 pm »

Of course the US will sanction Russia.  That's been a given for a long time.  The real question is whether Ukraine can achieve the kind of lasting growth that will allow them to claim victory in the economic long game.

I feel like Russia's government is going to start acting as if it's a victim if that happens.

start?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7165 on: July 02, 2014, 12:44:43 am »

Ukraine wants its military dolphins back. Hold onto your seats, this is going to be WW3.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7166 on: July 02, 2014, 01:10:07 am »

Lol Mictl (hope you don't mind me calling you by that shortened name).

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7167 on: July 02, 2014, 03:24:23 am »

Meanwhile, the EU has intensified preparations for sanctions. It appears we might handle this a bit faster than Northern Cyprus, but don't get your hopes up.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7168 on: July 02, 2014, 04:11:09 am »

this is a very basic concept

you of all people should understand it, what with saying millions of ukrainians died for no good reason
But you don't understand! Russia is the country of Pure Evil! It is the Final Boss which the civilized world must wipe out in order to achieve it's ultimate destiny: fracturing into thousands of countries bases on even microscopic differences!
._.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7169 on: July 02, 2014, 07:54:04 am »

As opposed to what the Russian destiny is: Thousands of wildly disparate groups brought together in unity under one of those thousands of wildly disparate groups.

Russian isn't an ethnicity, or a culture, or a group! Anyone can be Russian!... You just have to act exactly like the ethnicity, culture, or group known as Russian. :I
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 1393