Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1748412 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #6840 on: June 20, 2014, 02:36:15 pm »

In other news, Poroshenko now looks like a Putin agent.

And to think that guy got 55% of the votes 

At least I am from the 45% part. :)

If he is a Putin's agent....

Then peace will be achieved very soon with an outcome like that:  Donbass becomes de facto independent Russian but still influence Ukrainian politics and gets billions of free money from Ukrainian budget. And that will be called a huge victory

On a side note UR, what's the story behind your new profile picture?
Yeah it is a chevron of a national guard battalion. I have a friend serving there.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 02:50:56 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6841 on: June 20, 2014, 02:47:08 pm »

Is your friend a hacker or cyber criminal?

WarRoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6842 on: June 20, 2014, 03:31:08 pm »

I have read it somewhere that the schism in Ukraine is mainly along economic ties so it makes sense that it won't be solved by force of arms.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6843 on: June 20, 2014, 03:34:36 pm »

I have read it somewhere that the schism in Ukraine is mainly along economic ties so it makes sense that it won't be solved by force of arms.
The economical schism goes that way:
Eastern Ukraine has most the production. If it goes away, then the Western Ukraine is basically fucked. Cannot pay all these loans, which it has already aquired aplenty.

And solving economical problems by force of arms has been a #1 method for quite a long time now.
._.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6844 on: June 20, 2014, 03:43:19 pm »

Except for when you lose.

Didn't work out for Germany in WWII
Well Germany is now #1 in EU so it kinda did?
._.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 04:22:33 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

WarRoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6846 on: June 20, 2014, 04:30:03 pm »

The economical schism goes that way:
Eastern Ukraine has most the production. If it goes away, then the Western Ukraine is basically fucked. Cannot pay all these loans, which it has already aquired aplenty.

And solving economical problems by force of arms has been a #1 method for quite a long time now.

Isn't most of that production reliant on Russia's markets? At least the article was about something like that, that the regions which have strong economic ties to the EU are against separatism even if they are in Eastern Ukraine.

I don't think it would work out, the EU is already blamed for everything, now imagine if one half of a country is dragged forcibly into it.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6848 on: June 21, 2014, 12:39:45 am »

If Putin wanted to attack, he could have done so much earlier. So stop looking in the past for all your answers, it didn't help Poles in the WW2.
I'd guess he's waiting until either 1) Poroshenko is under his control or 2) A revolt kick Poroshenko out and brings on the junta.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6849 on: June 21, 2014, 02:34:05 am »

Quote from: WarRoot

Isn't most of that production reliant on Russia's markets? At least the article was about something like that, that the regions which have strong economic ties to the EU are against separatism even if they are in Eastern Ukraine.

I don't think it would work out, the EU is already blamed for everything, now imagine if one half of a country is dragged forcibly into it.
Common, don't repeat Putin's propaganda. What half of a country? the area occupied by neo-Soviets is much smaller.

Let me say something about Donbass GRP:

Large chunk of it is from coal mining that receives $billions from Ukrainian budget to stay afloat. Else it has no chance to compete. It is cheaper to buy coal from Poland or Russia.
All that miners will lose their jobs in a split second should they join Russia\become part of some independent country. Even if it will be internationally recognized

Another major source of regional gross product is a Mariupol Steelworks, but those are located in Southern part of Donbass and more or less controlled by Ukraine.

Agriculture: Again it concentrated in zones controlled by Ukraine.

Chemical plants: Yes, that is a problem...  That is a double problem, not only it has notable economical value, shells flying around all that chemicals = not fun

Heavy machinery: Another problem, Donbass has few factories like that. Less then Zaporizhya or Dnipropetrovsk but still some

Defense industry: Some are there and the loss will be notable, but luckily our main facilities are further west.

Power stations: They have many coal powerplants and losing them is a hit for our power generation. But if you ask me, that inefficient, ecology killing,  Soviet-Era plants should be closed anyway.

If Putin wanted to attack, he could have done so much earlier.
He attacks. He uses less direct methods than moving tank armadas in

PS. tomorrow  is June 22, Sunday. Perfect day to attack Ukraine for a guy who follows Hitler's steps. Some large scale sabotage\provocation is likely

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6853 on: June 21, 2014, 04:54:46 am »

Huh, and I thought it was a mispelling of Manila.

Is there an english transcript of that? They could have been caught in the crossfire or from a misaimed mortar.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 04:59:29 am by smjjames »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 1393