Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1756634 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #6090 on: May 28, 2014, 01:43:44 pm »

I can't really prove this, but I've heard that the vast majority of Chechens still really, really want independence. They're only backing Kadyrov because he gets them lots of funding from Putin, but the majority don't agree with his views on Russian unity. It's purely for convenience sake.

If Kadyrov did a complete about-face and decided to go all-out for independence instead of being Putin's rottweiler (he wouldn't though, he enjoys Russian taxpayer funded cocaine and prostitutes too much), people would back him 100%.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 02:21:21 pm by Owlbread »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: May 28, 2014, 01:49:30 pm »

Well, I hope some time later Ukrainian weapons will spontaneously materialize in the hands of North Caucasian insurgents... As well as some trained groups of volunteers with Slavic appearance.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6092 on: May 28, 2014, 06:00:38 pm »

FFS guys Bay12's already on NSA watchlists we don't need to be on KGB watchlists too.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: May 28, 2014, 09:50:13 pm »

Regarding the French political situation: Do you guys hold assassination to be an acceptable method of conducting politics?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: May 28, 2014, 10:04:05 pm »

Regarding the French political situation: Do you guys hold assassination to be an acceptable method of conducting politics?

French political situation?

Edit: Seems to be ANOTHER place where a far-right party won. This does not bode well.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:05:49 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: May 28, 2014, 10:29:35 pm »

Yes.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: May 29, 2014, 02:43:51 am »

So... Um, anyone willing to confirm this? Because I think someone has either found a TARDIS and travelled to the Middle Ages or gotten knocked on his head a few too many times.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6101 on: May 29, 2014, 06:18:32 am »

Our army is "great"... Minister of defense just said that limiting civilian casualties is their top priority...

Silly me, I always though that  destruction of the enemy and keeping own soldiers alive is more important...

Soldiers keep dying because that cowards can't answer with fire because "civilians may be hurt"
Nice way to lose the war
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6102 on: May 29, 2014, 06:22:19 am »

You know those civilians are Ukrainian citizens, right?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6103 on: May 29, 2014, 06:29:49 am »

I know that killed Soldiers are Ukrainian citizens, too
I know that civilians kidnapped, tortured and killed are Ukrainian citizens, too.

That kind of "strategy" - put soldiers around a town serving as alive targets and don't allow them to shot back or advance in the town is nothing but a treason

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6104 on: May 29, 2014, 06:31:50 am »

Ok, how do you think having soldiers killing civilians is going to play in the East? You're going to have yourself a real civil war if they go all trigger-happy.

Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 1393