Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1756713 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #6045 on: May 27, 2014, 04:05:58 pm »

You do have to admit Dorfy1, cooper was pretty funny. Let us not kill humour with politics.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6046 on: May 27, 2014, 04:06:26 pm »

*Tips back*

They speak of a voucher system. "UKIP proposes introducing a voucher system that will enable people to receive treatment outside of the NHS"

Buy ten 'if they're black send them back' posters, get one appendectomy sorta thing?
Nope. Not at all. But thank you for trotting out ye olde racism, once again!
Yes lordcooper, they want to send all the scrounging thieving foreigners back.
Yes, every single one of the damn blood suckers.
And the rest should be slaves, ya know?
Oh, and every one that is exactly 6ft tall must be killed. That is all for today's "the random stupid stuff people say of UKIP!"
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6047 on: May 27, 2014, 04:12:13 pm »

Alternatively chanting keck em aout while waving millwall bricks in the air would have sufficed.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6048 on: May 27, 2014, 04:13:16 pm »

Alternatively chanting keck em aout while waving millwall bricks in the air would have sufficed.
No, that's a side-line hobby. I restrict most of my racism to politics, thank you very much. It is the only way forward.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6049 on: May 27, 2014, 04:22:27 pm »

Of course not, dear fellow! But that's because it is part of the policy. You know, the already existing one? Other stuff may change, but I doubt that will. :P
A tweet, however, simply isn't. In fact, in regards to health care, they endorse free dental and eye checks. They want to make the NHS more organised, especially in terms of procurement, and resources. They also want it possible to use private health care, if it is wished.
Except that they don't have a manifesto or official party policy so where are you getting this? What sources are you treating as valid and why not the words of the leader, his cited spokespeople or his deputy?

That's kinda my point. They want to not have any policies to be pinned to if they might be damaging, but still appear to have policies (without any details backing them up, let alone economic analysis or planning as to how to implement them) when they appeal to people. So everyone knows they are opposed to the EU, but they won't be pinned to any details as to what they will do when sent to the European Parliament.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6050 on: May 27, 2014, 04:28:47 pm »

I'd actually like to hear his reason for supporting them.

I mean, a party whose official statement is nothing but hot air and whose members' personal comments being unadulterated asshatery, isn't exactly the sort of thing that doesn't encourage people to join them unless they agree with them (which he, as he mentioned over and over and over and over and over, apparently doesn't).

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: May 27, 2014, 04:41:29 pm »

*Tips back*

They speak of a voucher system. "UKIP proposes introducing a voucher system that will enable people to receive treatment outside of the NHS"

Buy ten 'if they're black send them back' posters, get one appendectomy sorta thing?
Nope. Not at all. But thank you for trotting out ye olde racism, once again!
Yes lordcooper, they want to send all the scrounging thieving foreigners back.
Yes, every single one of the damn blood suckers.
And the rest should be slaves, ya know?
Oh, and every one that is exactly 6ft tall must be killed. That is all for today's "the random stupid stuff people say of UKIP!"
We cannot afford the benefits, we cannot afford more British joblessness, we cannot afford the extra housing and strain on our infrastructure and we cannot afford a crime explosion.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6052 on: May 27, 2014, 04:52:48 pm »

It already has a manifesto. As to the future, there will be a future manifesto. The purpose of the party has largely changed, from pressure group to perhaps more, and so a lot of policies may change.

Returning to a previous point, only time will tell. As it is, you can be certain their stance on Europe will remain the same.

Ninja:
Why, it appears that your definition of "asshattery" and mine differ! As does your perception of UKIP. I have only, as you put it, over and over and over and over and over said I'm not a racist. And nor do I believe UKIP to be racist. If you show me why you believe it to be racist, that doesn't consist of "They wish to reduce immigration and therefore must be racist," then go ahead.
And why support UKIP? Stance on Europe, mainly. Its view on immigration, too. Its stance on terrorists and deportation. In Northern Ireland, it is unionist.  Its stance on same-sex marriage, too (Civil partnership is fine, but no faith should be forced to provide them). Its stance on windmill farms (Not sustainable, etc.)

Ninja:
Yes? An issue with increased numbers, not race.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6053 on: May 27, 2014, 05:00:13 pm »

And why support UKIP? Stance on Europe, mainly. Its view on immigration, too. Its stance on terrorists and deportation. In Northern Ireland, it is unionist.  Its stance on same-sex marriage, too (Civil partnership is fine, but no faith should be forced to provide them). Its stance on windmill farms (Not sustainable, etc.)

Stance on Europe, mainly.

Which is?

Its view on immigration, too.

Which is?

Its stance on terrorists and deportation.

Which is?

Its stance on same-sex marriage, too (Civil partnership is fine, but no faith should be forced to provide them). Its stance on windmill farms (Not sustainable, etc.)

A.) Typical religious reactionary talk
B.) Explain how wind farms are unsustainable

Note: I'm asking you for the party platform because you've told all others they don't know the true stance of UKIP on many issues. So, explain to me what they are, please.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6054 on: May 27, 2014, 05:09:08 pm »

It already has a manifesto.
The 2010 manifesto that has been denounced as nonsense by Farage or the mislabelled campaign leaflet that had only limited circulation and wasn't put forwards as a manifesto by the main party?

Otherwise what Mictlantecuhtli said only I'm going to ask that you link to your source for the party policy if possible.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6055 on: May 27, 2014, 05:15:03 pm »

Why, it appears that your definition of "asshattery" and mine differ
Just checked with a quick look at the search function and your post was the first mention of "asshattery" in the entire thread.

Yes? An issue with increased numbers, not race.
Hence why I said they want to get rid of all foreigners (who they perceive to be stealing jobs while simultaneously scrounging off benefits and who are also criminals).
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6056 on: May 27, 2014, 05:34:24 pm »

Independent has a bit of fun with the UKIP MEPs.

In the annuls of photos not to have taken if your party is accused of racism;

Note that it was having that photo taken that lead to the Tories suspending him as a council candidate and his defection to UKIP over his freedom of expression...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6057 on: May 27, 2014, 05:34:50 pm »

Just checked with a quick look at the search function and your post was the first mention of "asshattery" in the entire thread.
Indeed.

In fact, after a bit of research, I cannot find any asshating going on. There's even probably some that like big butts. Ah well.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6058 on: May 27, 2014, 05:43:18 pm »

Ohey, that link is a nice summary why many UKIP members are terrible people on a personal level.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6059 on: May 27, 2014, 06:08:52 pm »

Meanwhile, the Green Party snap up a couple more seats both on councils and in Europe, look around at each other, see the massive backstabbing arguments going on amongst the other parties, shrug their shoulders and sit back down to wait until the next set of elections.  :P
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 1393