Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1751843 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #4320 on: March 17, 2014, 01:07:04 pm »

It doesn't load for me (USA).
Loads just fine for me, though it's all written in some satanic gibberish instead of God's Own American English.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: March 17, 2014, 02:12:31 pm »

So has anyone posted about the whole "UK is blocking access to Ukrainian websites" thing, or know what's up with that?

If you're in the UK, can you visit http://tsn.ua/ or something, and confirm it is/isn't blocked?

Didn't work from UK, but wat?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: March 17, 2014, 05:45:55 pm »

So has anyone posted about the whole "UK is blocking access to Ukrainian websites" thing, or know what's up with that?

If you're in the UK, can you visit http://tsn.ua/ or something, and confirm it is/isn't blocked?
That is the only thing I could find out about that. Makes very little to no sense to me that a western ISP would block stuff like that. According to the comments, the blocking may occur in Russia, as the traffic seems to go through a Russian company (RETN), which would make a lot more sense (we talked about censorship in the Ukraine thread).

I cannot access the site either from Germany, using a German ISP that has nothing to do with Sky. Odd. http://ru.tsn.ua/ works though.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: March 17, 2014, 06:39:35 pm »

Nope, can't get there from Finland...
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: March 17, 2014, 06:53:10 pm »

That is the only thing I could find out about that. Makes very little to no sense to me that a western ISP would block stuff like that. According to the comments, the blocking may occur in Russia, as the traffic seems to go through a Russian company (RETN), which would make a lot more sense (we talked about censorship in the Ukraine thread).

I cannot access the site either from Germany, using a German ISP that has nothing to do with Sky. Odd. http://ru.tsn.ua/ works though.

I can see both of them from California, US.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: March 17, 2014, 07:00:17 pm »

Russian censorship seems the most likely explanation, they have blocked a number of sites recently. If that traffic somehow goes through Russia on the route to Europe, but not on the route to the US, that could be it (judging by my limited knowledge on how that works).

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: March 17, 2014, 07:03:25 pm »

I can access it just fine from here.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: March 17, 2014, 07:08:29 pm »

Works fine with my norwegian isp. Those who want to experiment could fiddle around with various opendns servers.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: March 17, 2014, 07:19:12 pm »

WTF is this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Even Google reverse lookup fails me. All I can tell is it's from someone's tumblr page.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: March 17, 2014, 07:28:59 pm »

I have no idea, hut it wouldn't surprise me if it originated from some nationalist page about the "muslim threat" to Hungary.
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: March 17, 2014, 07:32:45 pm »

The text is in arabic though.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: March 17, 2014, 07:39:30 pm »

I can access it just fine from here.
Works fine with my norwegian isp. Those who want to experiment could fiddle around with various opendns servers.
Then my idea was wrong, seems to be more complicated, if some Europeans get through and others don't. May depend on country or ISP.

The text is in arabic though.
But there are no islamic symbols or anything, just Hungarian national symbols, weapons and a hint that money rules everything  ;). scriver could very well be right, though Hungary has very little islamic population compared to other countries. Without explanation or translation we won't know for sure.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: March 17, 2014, 07:40:48 pm »

I mean it was made by Hungarian nationalists as anti-muslim propaganda. The usual "they want to take over our country and steal our women" stuff.
Love, scriver~

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: March 17, 2014, 07:42:28 pm »

The usual "they want to take over our country and steal our women" stuff.
Finally it all makes sense.

Vikings == Muslims

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: March 17, 2014, 07:47:02 pm »

I mean it was made by Hungarian nationalists as anti-muslim propaganda. The usual "they want to take over our country and steal our women" stuff.
Sure, I understood that. The rest of the imagery would fit into that. I just thought Islam might be a lesser target for (today's) Hungarian nationalists, though historically that would also fit perfectly.
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 1393