Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1751071 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #2685 on: December 19, 2013, 05:12:28 pm »

OwlBread, go win the lottery and buy a newspaper or two. :3
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: December 19, 2013, 05:15:16 pm »

OwlBread, go win the lottery and buy a newspaper or two. :3

Oh how I want to, but newspapers in this country are a minefield for entrepreneurs. Small papers are dying all of the place and big ones are struggling, more people are using the internet for news, yet they remain strong and profitable overall. Strong enough that buying one is a sensible venture? That is uncertain.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2687 on: December 19, 2013, 05:29:51 pm »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: December 19, 2013, 09:25:40 pm »

Wulff, ex-president of Germany, practically found not guilty. The media look like total assholes, but everyone ignores it.

Seems a bit silly.

Couldn't find that article in English, but this one said he was on trial for accepting 719 Euros to pay for his hotel and sustenance while staying there, from a film director. In return he wrote a letter to Siemens on the director's behalf in order to procure funding for a project.

In the grand scheme of things, that's hardly corruption, particularly if you consider things like the expenses scandal(s) here in the UK, which was public money.

In saying that, however, he does seem to have some history of making questionable decisions.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: December 20, 2013, 06:08:38 am »

Opinion piece on Ukraine by:
Mykola Riabchuk

Mykola Riabchuk is a political and cultural analyst in Kyiv. His last book "Glechschaltung. Authoritarian Consolidation in Ukraine, 2010-2012" was published in both Ukrainian and English.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2013/12/ukraine-across-dividing-lines-2013121672720957494.html

Notably:

Historically, Ukrainian anti-Soviet/anti-colonial identity has been always predominantly pro-Western. In October this year 53 percent of respondents in a nationwide survey [Ua] supported Ukraine's EU membership - roughly the same number as those who voted in 2004 for the "orange" presidential candidate and last year for the "orange" parties in the parliamentary elections.

The same survey reveal that 35 percent of respondents oppose Ukraine's European integration, and 12 percent remain undecided. The margin is noticeable, but if the data is broken down to the age groups, it looks even more staggering: The youngest respondents [Ua] (18-29 years old) are twice more supportive for the EU than the oldest (60+).
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

t. fortsorter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Most Sophisticated Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: December 20, 2013, 07:05:37 am »

Putin has been pardoning a lot of people lately~
I've been waiting for the BBC to cover it, but here's an article!
Two members of Pussy Riot, the Greenpeace activists, Khodorkovsky... I wonder what motive he may possibly have, haha~

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: December 20, 2013, 07:42:53 am »

I bet it's the Olympics
._.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: December 20, 2013, 10:00:18 am »

Yup, seems like a conscious PR move.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: December 20, 2013, 02:51:54 pm »

It's the Olympics, yeah. He wants it to go as smoothly as possible so he's letting people go, which is wise given that Russia's human rights record will be under great scrutiny.

The restive North Caucasian militants won't let him get away with it though, they're planning attacks. Putin is going to hold this god forsaken Olympics on the anniversary of the butchering of an entire nation, in its former capital; thousands of men, women and children, killed in a forgotten genocide, hundreds of thousands exiled. Their skulls and bones still litter the ground in remote valleys. No matter how much that man tries he can't airbrush them out of history; the ghosts of the Caucasus will haunt Russia forever and civilians are going to pay with their lives.

This can't go on. There needs to be peace and reconciliation and neither of those things are happening when men and boys are still being driven "into the hills" to take up arms by oppressive and corrupt local governments. Unfortunately I can see no end in sight.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 02:59:34 pm by Owlbread »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: December 20, 2013, 03:54:41 pm »

I guess if you use the article referencing the 19th century, we might as well remember the conquistadors. But we don't call Spain the genocidal state now, don't we?
._.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: December 20, 2013, 04:19:30 pm »

Circassians, like Crimean Tatars, were not innocent people that were persecuted by Russians for no reason. They used to go on raids into Russian territory, pillage settlements, kidnap people and sell them to slavers from the Ottoman Empire. I doubt that any European ruler or American president from those times would react kindly and democratically to such a threat to his country's border areas.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: December 20, 2013, 04:31:25 pm »

I guess if you use the article referencing the 19th century, we might as well remember the conquistadors. But we don't call Spain the genocidal state now, don't we?
The South Americans do; or at least they'd have quite a argument for doing so.

Putin certainly would like for the Olympics to go smoothly, and all sorts of stuff is in the way. It remains to be seen whether it will have a noticeable effect on the event, but I would expect more out of Putin before Sochi is over.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 1393