Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1751206 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #2625 on: December 18, 2013, 08:12:47 am »

Now hear me out, if Greenland is European, then why not Canada? They are both on the North American Continental Plate, they are both ruled by classically European royal families, they both have strong European language ties (Both English and French are, after all, European languages) so surly Canada is European, right?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: December 18, 2013, 08:13:54 am »

Ok here is a fun one. Greenland; European?
Pan-Mexican.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: December 18, 2013, 08:50:22 am »

Call me crazy, but I'm very much in favor of a (reformed) EU spreading far and wide, as more and more countries become willing and stable enough to join. After the Arab Spring, there was a newspaper article calling for taking up negotiations with Tunisia, and it had some good points; and maybe one day, when the fanatics have died off and secularism has taken hold, we can incorporate the whole Middle East. The same goes for Russia, if they want; and then, why not Canada?
We might need to change the name, though.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: December 18, 2013, 10:09:56 am »

Call me crazy, but I'm very much in favor of a (reformed) EU spreading far and wide, as more and more countries become willing and stable enough to join. After the Arab Spring, there was a newspaper article calling for taking up negotiations with Tunisia, and it had some good points; and maybe one day, when the fanatics have died off and secularism has taken hold, we can incorporate the whole Middle East. The same goes for Russia, if they want; and then, why not Canada?

Eurasia or Oceania?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: December 18, 2013, 10:22:39 am »

I'm afraid that might carry some unfortunate connotations.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: December 18, 2013, 10:25:01 am »

Afroasian Union, just to anger far-right nationalists.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2631 on: December 18, 2013, 10:27:05 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Some are quite unsupportive of the idea.

Afroasian Union, just to anger far-right nationalists.
Unless they're Afro-Asian far-right nationalists. There are mongolian eco-nazis, there are probably all parties at this point.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: December 18, 2013, 10:28:08 am »

What has Siemens done wrong to them, anyway?

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: December 18, 2013, 12:00:32 pm »

America confirmed for European country

Although that's more like the US has land/places in Europe that it considers a part of America, but that's only because the parent country allows it. "Thrace" is most emphatically Turkish. At least now anyway.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: December 18, 2013, 12:07:29 pm »

I think, aside from some human rights and anti-secularism, the only reason to say "Turkey isn't European!" is some form of racism/anti-Turk, or an idea that Moslems can't be European.

In which case, I think Bosnia would want to have a word with you.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: December 18, 2013, 12:11:52 pm »

Honestly, the reason Turkey isn't part of Europe is part Muslim scare, but mostly the Turkish-Cypriot conflict.

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: December 18, 2013, 01:07:44 pm »

Although that's more like the US has land/places in Europe that it considers a part of America, but that's only because the parent country allows it. "Thrace" is most emphatically Turkish. At least now anyway.

Konstantinopolis is rightful Greek clay! :)

But yeah, Greece/Cyprus would never ever allow Turkey into EU as long as they hate each other (the same thing could be said about Macedonia, till they change the name).

t. fortsorter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Most Sophisticated Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: December 18, 2013, 01:18:46 pm »

Konstantinopolis is rightful Greek clay! :)

But yeah, Greece/Cyprus would never ever allow Turkey into EU as long as they hate each other (the same thing could be said about Macedonia, till they change the name).

Wилно is Serbian! Kosovo is rightful Ukrainian clay! Return Marienwerder to Morocco, fufufu~

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: December 18, 2013, 01:47:31 pm »

Greater Finland demands the return of our rightful territories, including, but not limited to; Karjala, Alsace-Lorraine, Bessarabia, the West Bank, the East Bank, the Bank of England, South Ossetia, Gibraltar... and a warm-water port!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: December 18, 2013, 01:55:04 pm »

I think, aside from some human rights and anti-secularism, the only reason to say "Turkey isn't European!" is some form of racism/anti-Turk, or an idea that Moslems can't be European.

In which case, I think Bosnia would want to have a word with you.

And Albanians of course. Pomaks... Gagauz... Lipka Tatars...

Greater Finland demands the return of our rightful territories, including, but not limited to; Karjala, Alsace-Lorraine, Bessarabia, the West Bank, the East Bank, the Bank of England, South Ossetia, Gibraltar... and a warm-water port!

I demand that South Berwick be reunited with its county in Scotland.
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 1393