Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1745707 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #2445 on: December 09, 2013, 08:44:49 am »

William Wallace wouldn't do much good. There's speculation that he wasn't all that much of a hero, rather he took all the credit for another knight's work - Henry de Moray or something. Robert the Bruce on the other hand...

But yes I'm impressed you know our history so well, especially the fact that we invited the English up here and all that.

de Bruce was the real Braveheart, wasn't he? And about the invitation... Guess how Sweden ended up serving under Denmark for 300 years? ;)

Spoiler: Hoping it's poisoned (click to show/hide)

Joking  but I think it's naive to expect that this will change his willingness to follow the orders.

It will improve the overall atmosphere though (I mean, if it's a tactic, and not a one-time thing), which means violence is less likely to happen from either side. Often when protests go wrong it is because protesters and police keep antagonising each other and "stoking the fire", so to speak, culminating in a clampdown/riot.

Granted, I guess a protest against the highest authority isn't really your usual protest either.
Love, scriver~

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: December 09, 2013, 09:36:59 am »

de Bruce was the real Braveheart, wasn't he? And about the invitation... Guess how Sweden ended up serving under Denmark for 300 years? ;)

The Bruce was essentially the Scottish George Washington and without a doubt our greatest leader.

It will improve the overall atmosphere though (I mean, if it's a tactic, and not a one-time thing), which means violence is less likely to happen from either side. Often when protests go wrong it is because protesters and police keep antagonising each other and "stoking the fire", so to speak, culminating in a clampdown/riot.

Granted, I guess a protest against the highest authority isn't really your usual protest either.

I agree, if this is a tactic I think this will be very successful. As you were saying before Ranger, surely the officers don't want to be doing this anyway?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: December 09, 2013, 10:15:36 am »

I agree, if this is a tactic I think this will be very successful. As you were saying before Ranger, surely the officers don't want to be doing this anyway?
It is a centralized tactic starting from day one but so far it's not successful.  Besides there are no hate towards internal army conscripts, Riot police - yep, conscripts-no. 

In fact there a lot of comparison toward them: look at that today photo:
Spoiler: Poor guys (click to show/hide)

How are they going to survive expected -15Co this night in that kind of uniform staying still with no fire nearby? Really, They should use brains and desert or we'll have hundreds of case of pneumonia or worse.  They are used as a cannon fodder now and I hope there are enough guys among them who understand that and sooner or later they'll switch sides

BTW, there are a lot of forces on the streets, so attack this night is rather likely and situation is tense
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: December 09, 2013, 01:17:10 pm »

Is it me or are they glittering?

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: December 09, 2013, 02:39:28 pm »

A comparison image of politics on both sides of the Atlantic:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: December 09, 2013, 02:41:37 pm »

That man is a monster.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: December 09, 2013, 03:01:05 pm »

Eric Pickles is glorious. He is the greatest Conservative MP that has ever lived.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: December 09, 2013, 03:03:31 pm »

Eric Pickles is glorious. He is the greatest Conservative MP that has ever lived.

That's because he devoured all other contenders. Predictable joke, I know.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: December 09, 2013, 04:55:34 pm »

£10,000 buys you some serious biscuits.
This is a blank sig.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: December 09, 2013, 04:58:12 pm »

The secret is that the biscuits are made of Swiss gold and Bitcoins.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: December 09, 2013, 05:19:40 pm »

Maybe that's the motivation for the £7000 salary increase? Let them buy the biscuits with their wage rather than claiming for them.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: December 09, 2013, 05:30:21 pm »

It sure would give regulators a leg-up on regulation: "Bitcoins taste weird, they need to be investigated further".
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: December 09, 2013, 05:53:03 pm »

meanwhile, swedes slam books based on how the ads feel

i'm not even going to bother with saying that not letting people talk is only going to make them feel peaceful ways of speaking their mind are pointless, etc. etc.

just linking this here.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: December 09, 2013, 05:55:37 pm »

Silly Swedes.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 1393