Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1382 1383 [1384] 1385 1386 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1743076 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!
« Reply #20745 on: September 30, 2015, 01:10:23 pm »

I'm not sure which link you're talking about and now I'm curious.

It was basically a scientist being a xenophobic isolationist, saying all immigrants are his enemies and he withdrew the license to a software program of his which is used for phylogeny so that pro-immigration countries can't use it. Which makes sense to nobody but him. Guy also seemed like he might be slightly unhinged.

Edit: It probably should surprise no-one that the scientist is German. Not that I'm singling out Germans in general.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 01:14:06 pm by smjjames »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #20746 on: September 30, 2015, 01:15:59 pm »

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20747 on: September 30, 2015, 01:42:03 pm »

Oh shit, I remember reading a few things that would have used his software.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #20748 on: September 30, 2015, 01:44:06 pm »

Oh shit, I remember reading a few things that would have used his software.

You are now racist.  Please turn yourself in at the nearest EuroEducation Camp for treatment.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20749 on: September 30, 2015, 02:05:00 pm »

Unleash yahoo comments within you

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20750 on: September 30, 2015, 02:10:23 pm »

Finland is not on the list?

I am become raycis, destroyer of races.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20751 on: September 30, 2015, 02:14:56 pm »

It looks like most of Eastern Europe can still into his tools. He pulled them from the USA in February and nobody was really bothered though. There are plenty of more modern alternatives that still have active support to replace it with, so the few people still using his software just switched over to one of those. I expect the same thing will happen in Europe.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20752 on: September 30, 2015, 02:23:14 pm »

It looks like most of Eastern Europe can still into his tools. He pulled them from the USA in February and nobody was really bothered though. There are plenty of more modern alternatives that still have active support to replace it with, so the few people still using his software just switched over to one of those. I expect the same thing will happen in Europe.

Yeah, the comments from someone else within the article basically said 'no big deal, the software is kind of outdated anyway'.

Anyways, I fail to see how that software would even help pro-immigration policy countries outside of knowing what the past influences on immigration were.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 02:31:44 pm by smjjames »

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20753 on: September 30, 2015, 02:40:08 pm »

Storm, Teacup, etc.

But nevertheless, yet another reason to use free software without kooky "u gotta b this raycis 2 use" license agreements.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #20754 on: September 30, 2015, 02:51:29 pm »

I don't kinda get what he is trying to accomplish. If it were, like, dunnno, Google or something that millions of people use daily, he would have an impact (proably also kill his software forever but hey), but this is something that's apparently easily replaceable and will be minor problem for very small group of people at best.
Maaan, if you're trying to enforce your beliefs on people, do it properly.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20755 on: September 30, 2015, 02:58:23 pm »

I don't kinda get what he is trying to accomplish. If it were, like, dunnno, Google or something that millions of people use daily, he would have an impact (proably also kill his software forever but hey), but this is something that's apparently easily replaceable and will be minor problem for very small group of people at best.
Maaan, if you're trying to enforce your beliefs on people, do it properly.

As SirQuaimus said, storm in a teacup and all that. It didn't make sense to me either and seems to be a xenophobic Euro-isolationist reactionary kneejerk reaction.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #20756 on: September 30, 2015, 03:04:38 pm »

In case there is any doubt about the guy's general naziness: here's one of the blogs he links as "basis for his ideas": MEIN FUHRER, I CAN WALK!!!
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 03:14:27 pm by smjjames »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #20758 on: September 30, 2015, 03:22:04 pm »

That last one is kinda ironic.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20759 on: September 30, 2015, 04:27:33 pm »

To move away from Hitlerious software, Corby supporters are tumblr stereotypes

Our communities are being ripped apart — by Russian oligarchs, Saudi Sheiks, Israeli scumbag property developers, Texan oil-money twats and our own home-grown Eton toffs. . . . . . We don’t want luxury flats that no one can afford, we want genuinely affordable housing. We don’t want pop-up gin bars or brioche buns – we want community. . . . London is our home and worth defending against this onslaught of dog-eat-dog economics. Working class people are being forced out of our homes but we won’t go out without a fight.. . . . . We will protest this economic warfare with a street party on September 26th.

Tfw hipster cafes are tearing apart my community
Maybe I'm biased because cheeky sheiks and israeli "scumbags" have been dumping dollar and shekel into my area; I've expressed my anger at how the previous communities and identities have been erased but by no means would you see me attacking the Qataris for daring to try and invest in my area. Identity is worth preserving but that doesn't excuse attacking random Irishmen just because they've got better business sense than you. Fucking racist scum want diversity for everyone else but will get the pig masks and torches as soon as it starts enriching their neighbourhood LOL

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ugly beasts with toxic hair, all that's missing is some lenseless hipster glasses and you complete the stereotype. My only regret is Britain is no longer allowed to deport these people to Australia. Hitleriously there were some academics sighted including one from the London School of Economics, I'm looking into that cos it's funny as all hell and everyone knows just how tight crazy leftists hold onto our Unis
Pages: 1 ... 1382 1383 [1384] 1385 1386 ... 1393