Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1371 1372 [1373] 1374 1375 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1745991 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!
« Reply #20580 on: September 24, 2015, 06:19:37 pm »

Russia sheneinighans: http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/24/politics/syria-russian-fighter-jets/index.html Did you guys REALLY think you could dodge our sattelites, HA! :) Not like we would have shot down your jets or anything.

Anyways, gotta wonder what the heck Russia is planning on doing down there.
Syria has ALWAYS been a part of Russia! Only imperialist revisionists would have you believe otherwise. Look at famous Russian hero, Ahmed Ahmedovich al-Ahmed. You have not heard of him only because of decadent running-dog textbooks.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #20581 on: September 24, 2015, 06:25:27 pm »

Syria is Russia's route to the sea.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20582 on: September 24, 2015, 06:29:59 pm »

Syria is Russia's route to the sea.
You seem to be forgetting about Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan who are all in the way (and the fact that most of Russia borders the ocean).

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20584 on: September 24, 2015, 06:34:59 pm »

Never have russians been accused of being good navigators, nqt. It's even worse when they're taking cues from american idiots :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20585 on: September 24, 2015, 06:39:41 pm »

I think it's just safer if from now on I pretend everyone who says something stupid on the internet is speaking ironically.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20586 on: September 25, 2015, 12:28:58 am »

I always say planes without an operating transponder should be downed w/o warning, as long as its in your fighter range.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20587 on: September 25, 2015, 12:35:24 am »

Everyone's cool with people downing planes that they can't read the transponder for until it inevitably happens to one of your own civilian planes, then they get angry at whichever country actually shot it down.

The best part is that with aircraft carriers, the entire world is in your fighter range, and you can shoot down enemy civilian flights, valid transponder or not.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 12:40:45 am by Reelya »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20588 on: September 25, 2015, 04:35:01 am »

Everyone's cool with people downing planes that they can't read the transponder for until it inevitably happens to one of your own civilian planes, then they get angry at whichever country actually shot it down.

The best part is that with aircraft carriers, the entire world is in your fighter range, and you can shoot down enemy civilian flights, valid transponder or not.
There is always the emergency radio channel, and if you have radio or transponder down you should land at the earliest opportunity, anyway. Even its a civilian plane, its no better than MH370, which is going to end up in the water grave anyway.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20589 on: September 25, 2015, 05:01:24 am »

Russia sheneinighans: http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/24/politics/syria-russian-fighter-jets/index.html Did you guys REALLY think you could dodge our sattelites, HA! :) Not like we would have shot down your jets or anything.

Same thing as what US is doing. Help in fight against isis and support their side in the conflict. Also make sure west/israel and few others dont do anything funny, similar what they did in libya.

In reality 20 something planes cant do anything important, and the anti air equipment is something that syria already has, and I dont think russia will move bigger forces there (that would actually have a impact on the conflict), as it would be very expensive for them.
Make love not war

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20590 on: September 25, 2015, 05:04:44 am »

I don't see a fundamental issue.
Heh, I suppose that is the issue.

While there are certainly problems with some UK Sharia courts (especially in cases with women) I don't see a fundamental issue. It all works on consent and they have to operate within UK law. Other religious groups (Orthodox Jews at least) also settle civil matters in their own traditional courts. There are also non-religious consent driven arbitration services.
The point is they don't operate within UK law (especially in cases with women). One of the greatest blunders a British politician has made was to make Muslims operate as a community where before they operated as individual citizens.

A woman on the metro once started claiming, loudly, that god was speaking to her and giving warnings about the the changes all the other passengers needed to make in their lives.  For some reason she did not appreciate when I started loudly reciprocating.  It was a fun experience, briefly placing myself on the other side of the "shouting crazy things in public" social barrier.
I remember when some wide-eyed man asked me if I had my passport. Of course when asked such a thing I can only assume one of two things, I'm being insulted or am in trouble. Then he goes "your passport to heaven!"
I quite like nigerian preachers since they're usually the most entertaining conversationalists; I also remember other ones that were less candid. Like that time where Jehovas Witnesses knocked on my door. When I opened the window on them I was in bean stained tracks and my hair was more all over the place than a Jewish tumbleweed, they took one look at me and decided I was not worth the effort of saving.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20592 on: September 25, 2015, 05:41:46 am »

When a man is tired of Manchester, he is tired of life.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20593 on: September 25, 2015, 10:32:20 am »

Same thing as what US is doing. Help in fight against isis and support their side in the conflict. Also make sure west/israel and few others dont do anything funny, similar what they did in libya.

In reality 20 something planes cant do anything important, and the anti air equipment is something that syria already has, and I dont think russia will move bigger forces there (that would actually have a impact on the conflict), as it would be very expensive for them.

Nah. My bet is that they are there because its a convenient place to have presence in for someone who wants to play a superpower, challenge US interests(or rather, the interests of one certain US ally in the area, that is actually NOT Israel) and have great, free PR for their weapons and other hardware they'd like to sell to places like India, China, Egypt, Syria and as soon as the embargo is lifted, Iran. The word is that the Russian naval base at Tartus will have Chinese visitors soon... And the greatest thing about this military presence is that they can control its amount. Syria simultaneously is not a super important ally, does not border Russia, yet for now is unlikely to lose the civil war and/or Tartus so they can pull out whenever they want. Syria does not even control many of its own oil fields or ways to export their products from the country any more. ISIS does. The whole expedition may cost the Russians mostly fuel, spare parts and human lives... All of which I guess they have plenty of.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #20594 on: September 25, 2015, 10:54:46 am »

So I have a question that will probably be the easiest to answer in this topic, seeing how it is frequented by German people and it's also touching the ongoing migrant stuff - I've heard recently some talk that Germany will have to lower the minimum wage because of the immigrants. As the rumor would have it, apparently those of the latest immigrant wave (latest as in this year's or this month's? Dunno) that already got the employment in Germany have "lower productivity" than the native folks and thus the wage will have to be lowered to accommodate this. And "the guy from the industry" apparently said so.

Frankly, this sounds like a load of bull to me. How do you measure long-term productivity of someone who just recently got employed? Who is not maybe even accustomed to new country, language, or maybe just the work at whole? Not to mention, my logic tells me if a worker is not meeting his quota you either try to find the reasons, you push him more or you fire him... and NOT just lower the minimum wage in the whole damn country. But I might be wrong here.

Anyway, some opinion on this would be nice. And sources too, if any.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.
Pages: 1 ... 1371 1372 [1373] 1374 1375 ... 1393