Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1743847 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #2040 on: November 10, 2013, 03:49:34 pm »

Breaking away from Bizzaro news:
CCTV Footage showing 3 or 4 Golden Dawn members being murdered, obvious warning ahead of time that it is distressing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F01lyWkX6TM
It's not a nice world where you would prefer the world of 5 minute ago when people were nailing their balls on the road. Any other news on Greece?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: November 10, 2013, 04:21:25 pm »

I... What? Just, what? Is any cause worth such a feat?
Tons of things. Actually practical things where it would cause a meaningful difference, though? That's a different story.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: November 10, 2013, 04:34:31 pm »

Indeed. And had it been a gay artist protesting the new directions it would have been a bit more... Directly followable metaphor/logic.
Love, scriver~

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: November 10, 2013, 04:59:00 pm »

Spoiler: "Future soldier" (click to show/hide)

From the British Legion's website, here. Sickening.

A fellow I know said that he half expected the Queen to be dressed as a giant poppy next year.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 05:05:13 pm by Owlbread »

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: November 11, 2013, 01:32:00 am »

I've never understood why killing people is seen as something to aspire to.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: November 11, 2013, 05:28:39 am »

CCTV Footage showing 3 or 4 Golden Dawn members being murdered, obvious warning ahead of time that it is distressing.
Is it bad that my first reaction was "finally"? If there's open violence, it should at least be directed the right way...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: November 11, 2013, 05:35:15 am »

Is it bad that my first reaction was "finally"? If there's open violence, it should at least be directed the right way...

yeah okay

it's totally great that your reaction is "finally there's some open violence going on and look it's even directed the right way"

seriously dude what.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: November 11, 2013, 05:40:06 am »

yeah okay

it's totally great that your reaction is "finally there's some open violence going on and look it's even directed the right way"

seriously dude what.
(sadness about open violence) + (happiness about Golden Dawn getting violated) = net happiness

This, of course, negates all sense of justice and equality and other such nonsensical stuff.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: November 11, 2013, 06:54:58 am »

yeah okay

seriously dude what.

He didn't say "finally there's open violence", he said "finally the open violence (that is already happening) is aimed at the Golden Dawn". I don't think any murders are something to be happy about but when the victims are people who belong to am openly Nazi party which have shown no qualms when it comes to murdering, assaulting and terrorising people who oppose them or offend their sensibilities, I have a really hard time feeling sorry for them on any more than an intellectual "lives lost" level.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: November 11, 2013, 10:59:38 am »

It is quite hypocritical though, as well as lowering yourself to their level.

I also find it quite hard to believe that this was open violence as opposed to a very specific targetting of the Golden Dawn, which in itself was mind-blowingly stupid. "You're standing outside a Golden Dawn office late at night chatting, you must be a sympathiser!"

Yes the GD are bastards, but to suggest that every member of the former party is willing to commit violence in order to get their way? Bit much.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kicior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: November 11, 2013, 01:25:15 pm »

and slippedy sloppidy doo everything is made of fuck

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2051 on: November 11, 2013, 01:48:06 pm »

He didn't say "finally there's open violence", he said "finally the open violence (that is already happening) is aimed at the Golden Dawn". I don't think any murders are something to be happy about but when the victims are people who belong to am openly Nazi party which have shown no qualms when it comes to murdering, assaulting and terrorising people who oppose them or offend their sensibilities, I have a really hard time feeling sorry for them on any more than an intellectual "lives lost" level.
All those connected to the stabbing were already arrested - these guys weren't involved in the high end stuff. True, chances are they were right nobs. But they were just killed. I cannot stress just how disturbing it is when people express happiness when someone is killed - be it a terrorist or a fascist or whoever else lost in the moral decrepit heaps. Humanity loses its only good qualities every time it happens.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: November 11, 2013, 01:49:53 pm »

All those connected to the stabbing were already arrested - these guys weren't involved in the high end stuff. True, chances are they were right nobs. But they were just killed. I cannot stress just how disturbing it is when people express happiness when someone is killed - be it a terrorist or a fascist or whoever else lost in the moral decrepit heaps. Humanity loses its only good qualities every time it happens.

yes. this is what i wanted to write here. thank you.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: November 11, 2013, 01:51:04 pm »

What quality would that be?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile