Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1358 1359 [1360] 1361 1362 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1745190 times)

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!
« Reply #20385 on: September 21, 2015, 07:08:02 am »

Once again, I saw a story about politics on spoof website the Daily Mash, only to find out that the unbelievable part of it is entirely true. Pig's head. You couldn't make it up.

It seems like it's true as well - they haven't actually denied that it happened, and that makes me think that the claim there's photographic evidence somewhere is true. I now can only hope that whoever has it never ever reveals the photos so we never need risk seeing our PM's genitalia, whether engaged in necrophiliac bestiality or otherwise.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 07:11:58 am by Nick K »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #20386 on: September 21, 2015, 07:15:06 am »

Just because all banks are evil don't deamonize the Jewish banks specifically.

Nobody was.
Love, scriver~

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #20387 on: September 21, 2015, 07:33:04 am »

Once again, I saw a story about politics on spoof website the Daily Mash, only to find out that the unbelievable part of it is entirely true. Pig's head. You couldn't make it up.

It seems like it's true as well - they haven't actually denied that it happened, and that makes me think that the claim there's photographic evidence somewhere is true. I now can only hope that whoever has it never ever reveals the photos so we never need risk seeing our PM's genitalia, whether engaged in necrophiliac bestiality or otherwise.

Man, real Britain is getting uncomfortably close to being an episode of Black Mirror.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20388 on: September 21, 2015, 08:17:19 am »

Man, real Britain is getting uncomfortably close to being an episode of Black Mirror.

The Black Mirror reference is lost on me. Sure I can wiki it, but still. Edit: Sounds like the british version of the Twilight Zone.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 08:19:25 am by smjjames »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20389 on: September 21, 2015, 08:21:12 am »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20390 on: September 21, 2015, 08:29:25 am »

Sure. In the same way as John Cleese is the British version of Adam Sandler.
The Black Mirror series consists of only a handful of episodes, but they're chock-full of ideas distilled to a high level of purity for an extra strong, hard-hitting impact. And they've got that quintessential British dreariness that makes you feel like you're watching a topical documentary half-heartedly disguised as entertainment.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20391 on: September 21, 2015, 08:54:09 am »

What scandal?
A disgruntled billionaire who didn't get the kickbacks promised to him just published a biography of our PM claiming that as an initiation rite he had illicit relations with a deceased pig.
So... do the British political elite have some sort of fratclub hazing rituals or something?  I'm pretty ignorant of that, but that sentence there implies there may be one.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20392 on: September 21, 2015, 08:58:11 am »

Yeah, there is that frat house for disgustingly posh people called the Bollington club or something. And apparently their hazing ritual included the pig stuff. (Which has a Belgian doesnt really surprise me. Half of our parliament probably stuck their genitals in soemthing similar at university too).

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20393 on: September 21, 2015, 08:58:32 am »

But how do we know these accusations are true? Unless proof is supplied by the book somewhere I have no reason to believe that this isn'the just some asshole with too much money and salt smearing the guy for his own personal reasons.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20394 on: September 21, 2015, 09:00:54 am »

Holy fucking shit. Everything I've said about David Camerso, and here we are.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20395 on: September 21, 2015, 09:01:28 am »

Well, firstly, we dont really care. I mean, its not like Cameron sticking his genitals in an inanimate object has any influence on his manner to govern anyway, and its fun.

Then, if it was false, Id expect Cameron to have denounced the allegations and sued the Daily Mail for libel.

Edit:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 09:07:58 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20396 on: September 21, 2015, 09:17:33 am »

It's actually the even-more-exclusive Piers Gaveston Dining Club which apparently had the initiation. Here's a good overview. Basically, it's a super exclusive club for which the silence is strictly enforced.

So the claim is believable on two counts:
1. Such things really do occur (especially to ensure members' silence).
2. Under British law, it's very easy to take someone to court for defamation of character, which means either Ashcroft doesn't care (and he's rich enough not to) or he has photographic evidence.

Of course, what our politicians got up to when they were 19 is of no consequence (there's reason enough to hate them for what they've done in office), though it is particularly galling that all of them took drugs at university and yet still resist decriminalisation.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20397 on: September 21, 2015, 10:18:01 am »

The Hungarian parliament accepted a new law today (with only 12 out of nearly 200 votes being against it) which authorizes the deployment of military troops, and the the use of non-lethal violence against refugees.
The army will be allowed to fire rubber bullets*, tear gas, and ballistic capturing nets at refugees.

* which are classified as non-lethal, although lethal casualties do occur whenever rubber bullets are used.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 10:19:43 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20398 on: September 21, 2015, 10:22:28 am »

The Hungarian parliament accepted a new law today (with only 12 out of nearly 200 votes being against it) which authorizes the deployment of military troops, and the the use of non-lethal violence against refugees.
The army will be allowed to fire rubber bullets*, tear gas, and ballistic capturing nets at refugees.

* which are classified as non-lethal, although lethal casualties do occur whenever rubber bullets are used.
Yeee Hawww  round em cattle up and ship em out cowboy!
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

ivze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20399 on: September 21, 2015, 12:00:50 pm »

Russian IFR tanker plane with 4 Su-25 armoured attack vehicles flying after it, one receiving fuel seen in sky above Syria.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JYEmXJ60Yc
A voice behind the camera gladly welcomes such a sight ans thanks God for the happening.
Also youtube comments are hilarious :)
Pages: 1 ... 1358 1359 [1360] 1361 1362 ... 1393