Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1187 1188 [1189] 1190 1191 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1746666 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Megathred: The Edition Edition
« Reply #17820 on: June 21, 2015, 04:39:07 am »

can confirm

not sure what that has to do with english though

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17821 on: June 21, 2015, 04:45:24 am »

...uh, no

south africa wasn't even halfheartedly turned into anything funny accents edition

funny accents edition happens when all other languages are lost, and considering you live in south africa, you'd be far more than aware of the fact there are a fuckton of languages involved with english being the glue that allows you to communicate with other people, so if anything the influence was positive as the opportunities for that would have been greatly limited by a language barrier

gods know how you'd keep a country together without a common tongue
The British Empire only wanted to teach the natives a little bit of English! So that they could communicate with each other and live together in peace and harmony. Everything else is just toxic postcolonial propaganda!

Out of idle curiosity, do you guys think Britain is terrible for turning South Africa into Britain Two: Funny Accents Edition?
Yes, European colonization of Africa was a massive dick move, news at 8 m8. And no, it wasn't just about language.

E: While we're at it, I'd also like to point out (in the name of impartiality) that Russian colonization of Siberia was also a dick move, though not quite as lurid. Can someone tell me whether any of Russia's 185 ethnic minorities have managed to avoid the Funny Accent Edition treatment? Negative examples are quite easy to come by...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 05:03:31 am by SirQuiamus »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17822 on: June 21, 2015, 05:00:27 am »

...uh, no

south africa wasn't even halfheartedly turned into anything funny accents edition

funny accents edition happens when all other languages are lost, and considering you live in south africa, you'd be far more than aware of the fact there are a fuckton of languages involved with english being the glue that allows you to communicate with other people, so if anything the influence was positive as the opportunities for that would have been greatly limited by a language barrier

gods know how you'd keep a country together without a common tongue
The British Empire only wanted to teach the natives a little bit of English! So that they could communicate with each other and live together in peace and harmony. Everything else is just toxic postcolonial propaganda!

the question was specifically about language, not whenever they herded the natives into diamond mines, stop spinning everything into what you want to talk about mLXXX

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Cheese Supremacist Megathread.
« Reply #17823 on: June 21, 2015, 05:12:10 am »

-snip-
I'm going to ask a question: how do you define who "Real Russians" are, if not with language? Is there some "Real Russian" test that I don't know about?
._.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17824 on: June 21, 2015, 05:12:40 am »

Megathred! Is this the age of the misspelled politics thread titles?

... Kind of a shitty era, neh?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Megathread: The Edition Edition
« Reply #17825 on: June 21, 2015, 05:15:21 am »

It has always been spelled correctly. Move along citizen, nothing to see here.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #17826 on: June 21, 2015, 05:15:54 am »

what are you talking about

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Megathrad: The Edition Edition
« Reply #17827 on: June 21, 2015, 05:21:48 am »

It's not a mispelling, it's just a Funny Accent. You should be more respectful.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17828 on: June 21, 2015, 06:28:47 am »

-snip-
I'm going to ask a question: how do you define who "Real Russians" are, if not with language? Is there some "Real Russian" test that I don't know about?
Nationality is always a vague thing. My ways to tell a difference?

Person is not Russian if he\she has zero interest in traditional Russian culture.
Person is not Russian if he\she has any kind of positive feelings toward Lenin\Stalin murderers of million Russians.
Person is not Russian if he\she doesn't care about pre 1941 Russian history.
Person is not Russian if he believes that there are no Ukrainian (or Tatar or whatever) nation. It means that he identifies himself as Soviet kind of Russian
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #17829 on: June 21, 2015, 06:30:27 am »

That sounds a bit like a No True Scotsman Russian.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17830 on: June 21, 2015, 06:30:55 am »

So I'm supposed to not have any positive feeling towards a person who increased the average lifespan of Russian people by 20 years during his rule?

Wow. Just wow.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17831 on: June 21, 2015, 06:39:06 am »

So I'm supposed to not have any positive feeling towards a person who increased the average lifespan of Russian people by 20 years during his rule?

Wow. Just wow.
Technological progress did it not some Ossetian\Georgian thug
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17832 on: June 21, 2015, 06:40:03 am »

In a brief pause between Catalonian and Slavic bants, Argentines still want our rocks and they can't take them

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17833 on: June 21, 2015, 06:43:11 am »

In a brief pause between Catalonian and Slavic bants, Argentines still want our rocks and they can't take them

malvinas are rightful argentine clay

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17834 on: June 21, 2015, 06:46:05 am »

Wow. Just wow.
Technological progress did it not some Ossetian\Georgian thug
And who implemented that technological progress in Russia, fairy spirits, or Stalin's government?

Also, why do you keep bringing in the ethnicity of Koba to this discussion?
._.
Pages: 1 ... 1187 1188 [1189] 1190 1191 ... 1393