Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1742943 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #1500 on: August 31, 2013, 06:02:13 am »

It will never happen, because the Israeli want to keep Israel a Jewish state.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: August 31, 2013, 06:08:50 am »

Like a seperate Palestine will ever happen :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: August 31, 2013, 09:07:37 am »

I've heard the proposed single-state being called "Isratin".

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: August 31, 2013, 10:24:35 am »

Then they'll bicker over who gets to be first in the name. Palesrael!

Let's go full historical and call it The Republic of The Kingdom of Jerusalem.

Or the Levant, bring that word back. :3
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: August 31, 2013, 10:45:35 am »

I say remove both Arabs and Jews from the area and make it a state for displaced islanders, Vietnamese, and other countries suffering from rising sea levels ;)
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: August 31, 2013, 10:51:15 am »

I personally support the one-state solution. It might be the only way to breed tolerance between the groups.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: August 31, 2013, 10:54:05 am »

I personally support the one-state solution. It might be the only way to breed tolerance between the groups.

because applied multiculturalism has totally worked in countries where the cultures involved didn't have legitimate, and many times personal reasons to hate each other. tolerance for everyone.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: August 31, 2013, 10:58:33 am »

because applied multiculturalism has totally worked in countries where the cultures involved didn't have legitimate, and many times personal reasons to hate each other. tolerance for everyone.
*cough cough*
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: August 31, 2013, 11:08:45 am »

*cough cough*

let's not even start on what is enjoyed inside israel itself

i am not sure whenever linking a pdf to you of the first would be legal and as thus following the forum's guidelines but from what i see it's just one google search away

i will however be glad to hear how you wish to begin a desegregation if they're segregated both inside and outside of israel

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: August 31, 2013, 11:33:05 am »

Mz point still stands: Ethnic cleansing, like in Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russia, Rwanda and too many other places, is a kind of atrocity that cannot even remotely be compared to colonization. Just look at the expression: Cleansing implies there's nobody left afterwards. Colonialism usually likes to have some natives to exploit.
Pushing people of a particular ethnicity out of the area they live is ethnic cleansing.  There are no Palestinians left in the Israeli settlements, so the term is perfectly apt.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: August 31, 2013, 12:55:57 pm »

The second the palestines sit down and form a coherent, mutual and binding agenda, then they could begin talks about their ONE state, before bringing the suggestion of two states, or one state of israel + palestine.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: August 31, 2013, 02:56:13 pm »

Burningpet, what can you tell me about how the Syrian conflict is being received in Israel? First hand sources are hard to come by and I'd like to take advantage of you.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: August 31, 2013, 04:32:36 pm »

Well, it goes deep. but in a nut shell almost no one cares about the syrian people themselves. not the israeli jewish nor the israeli muslims (i am not seeing israeli arabs protesting too much here) we have enough problem of ourselves to worry about like the extremely high costs of living, the housing costs, the funding of a large part of our population that is intentionally outside the work force (the jewish religious sect) the situation with the palestines, etc.

As regards to the conflict it self, we care more about the day after the conflict and the implications it has risen than the actual conflict itself.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 04:38:05 pm by burningpet »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: September 01, 2013, 02:37:41 am »

Burningpet: to be honest, there was a fair bit of meddling the last time the held elections and Israel adn the West basically overthrew the winner (Hamas).

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: September 01, 2013, 02:01:25 pm »

As an answer to my earlier statement about the palestines forming a coherent and mutual agenda? its not like israel has created those schisms in the palestines. israel, and the west, simply chose the side they prefer, but those sides already existed regardless of israel.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 1393