Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 869 870 [871] 872 873 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1758649 times)

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #13050 on: November 21, 2014, 08:43:00 am »

You might not know that, but we had elections here in Poland last Sunday. The local kind, with mayors and stuff being elected.

And we still don't have all the results.

Not tragic enough yet? We have had a computer program to server elections that doesn't work; multiple people hacking the servers, adding candidates to second turn (even completely non-existing ones); program that doesn't work; voting cards left unattended in random places, people being caught buying/selling votes; program that doesn't work; up to 40% of votes was invalid in some regions; the program was printing the results for one place tagged as results for another place; and did I mention that the program was not working?
(For anybody knowing anything about programming: this program was disassembled, and put on GitHub: https://github.com/wybory2014/Kalkulator1. You will cry. If you know C#, you can even commit suicide after looking at this, having lost all faith in humanity).
The partial results seem to have nothing in common with exit poll (over 10% discrepancy in some places for a single party). The scale of the mess is unbelievable, really.

Be happy that you live in places where the country administration is capable of counting the votes in less than a week...
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13051 on: November 21, 2014, 08:57:59 am »

You might not know that, but we had elections here in Poland last Sunday. The local kind, with mayors and stuff being elected.

And we still don't have all the results.

Not tragic enough yet? We have had a computer program to server elections that doesn't work; multiple people hacking the servers, adding candidates to second turn (even completely non-existing ones); program that doesn't work; voting cards left unattended in random places, people being caught buying/selling votes; program that doesn't work; up to 40% of votes was invalid in some regions; the program was printing the results for one place tagged as results for another place; and did I mention that the program was not working?
(For anybody knowing anything about programming: this program was disassembled, and put on GitHub: https://github.com/wybory2014/Kalkulator1. You will cry. If you know C#, you can even commit suicide after looking at this, having lost all faith in humanity).
The partial results seem to have nothing in common with exit poll (over 10% discrepancy in some places for a single party). The scale of the mess is unbelievable, really.

Be happy that you live in places where the country administration is capable of counting the votes in less than a week...
That's both hilarious and so fucking wrong I don't even 146%
._.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13052 on: November 21, 2014, 09:15:21 am »

Reportage about ooperation between Norwegians and Russians in Murmansk and Kirkenes, on the shores of the Arctic Ocean.
It's in German, sadly, but I guess it sheds some light on how Putin is inflicting lasting damage on the relations with Russia's neeighbors.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 10:46:59 am by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13053 on: November 21, 2014, 09:36:40 am »

>implying Putin is microcontrolling every outward action of Russia
._.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13054 on: November 21, 2014, 09:57:38 am »

>implying Putin is microcontrolling every outward action of Russia
Well, no, but I guess you haven't read the article :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13055 on: November 21, 2014, 10:15:56 am »

i don't blame him, the link's fucked

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #13056 on: November 21, 2014, 10:17:20 am »

Yeah, "http://Reportage about ooperation between Norwegians and Russians in Murmansk and Kirkenes, on the shores of the Arctic Ocean." is not a valid link.

For some reason.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13057 on: November 21, 2014, 10:18:29 am »

Reportage about ooperation between Norwegians and Russians in Murmansk and Kirkenes, on the shores of the Arctic Ocean.
It's in German, sadly, but I guess it sheds some light on how Putin is inflicting lasting damage on the relations with Russia's neeighbors.

Your link is messed up helgo.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13058 on: November 21, 2014, 10:47:16 am »

Fixed it - don't know what happened there.
The Bay12 postcard club

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13059 on: November 21, 2014, 11:00:01 am »

Google translate kind of garbled that first big paragraph, but the rest seems okayish.

It does mistake one guys last name to mean mountains or mountain, when it's supposed to be just a last name, Berge. It probably does mean mountain (iceberg for example), but google translate is just being google translate here.

Edit: Yeah, Google translate garbled up that first big paragraph, but the rest can be understood.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 11:10:09 am by smjjames »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13060 on: November 21, 2014, 11:24:45 am »

UKIP just won a by-election with a majority of 2000 votes, overturning a Tory majority of 9000+. Their candidate was awful and they still won. Lib Dems possibly lost their deposit to a dominatrix. Interesting days ahead for WM with two UKIP MPs.

I would argue that as the guy who got elected was actually the incumbent who triggered the by-election by dropping Tory loyalty and switching to UKIP (the second time this has occurred), that he has lost a significant proportion of his majority. So, all we really know is that Tory areas whose MP decides to join UKIP will still elect them - which to me smacks of knee jerk popularism from the politicians involved. For me, UKIP will need to cleanly take a seat from the Tories (or more convincingly still, Labour) without a defection before I consider them a true major force in the balance of UK power.
This is a blank sig.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13061 on: November 21, 2014, 01:12:09 pm »

I think we'll see quite a few clean wins next year, MonkeyHead. Besides the obvious ones like Thanet and the Kentish seats I predict a few will go to UKIP in Portsmouth/Hampshire. I hope to god no Welsh seat goes to UKIP.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13062 on: November 21, 2014, 01:40:06 pm »

They probably will. You know you can't trust those shifty Welsh.

Oh hey MonkeyHead.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13063 on: November 21, 2014, 02:10:21 pm »

I hope to god no Welsh seat goes to UKIP.

I can't see that happening. Seats here are either fairly safe Lab/PC or flip flop between Lab/PC/Lib. There are a few Tory seats (Good old Conwy, thanks to all the retires in Llandudno), but Labour is usually so close behind that any Tory/UKIP vote split would play into either their or PC's hands. UKIP "preys" on Tory sentiment, of which there is little on this side of the Severn.
This is a blank sig.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13064 on: November 22, 2014, 06:32:53 am »

Oh, Ukrainian thread is closed. Good, I have a legitimate reason to ignore it.

We have Holodomor Remembrance Day in Ukraine today. Good reminder of what will happen again should we, Ukrainians, lose war to Russia
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 869 870 [871] 872 873 ... 1393