Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1756627 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #11730 on: October 09, 2014, 10:51:07 am »

Does Putin look to you like a person who can even have friends?
He looks like a person who can have interests.
Well that's why he got elected. Because he looks and acts like a guy who actually have interests. besides "steal all the money" (like most of our other politicians :()
._.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11731 on: October 09, 2014, 12:26:32 pm »

His voice is actually very soft and neutral and his demeanour is not threatening when he wishes to not appear threatening. Probably KGB training or something. Honestly if I just met the guy and didn't know he was Putin, I would guess so. Then again, I know he's Putin.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11733 on: October 09, 2014, 12:46:01 pm »

oh

so supporting anti-putin fighters makes the beheading of semi-random individuals and other extremist shit okay

fuck's sakes, behave yourself

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11734 on: October 09, 2014, 12:52:03 pm »

Yes. He's well liked by others (so others would have no problem being friends with him) and I see no reason to suspect that he doesn't respect and enjoy the company of his peers (other oligarchs/politicans).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11735 on: October 09, 2014, 12:56:09 pm »

Someone has no sense of humour. No smile doesn't mean that I am not joking

Besides enemy of my enemy rule works. In fact ideal solution would be teleporting the whole ISIS to Russia, allowing two evils to battle  between themselves
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #11736 on: October 09, 2014, 01:10:14 pm »

It's a bit harder to stay calm when you have massive artillery barrages in your previously peacefull country.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11737 on: October 09, 2014, 01:12:30 pm »

Besides enemy of my enemy rule works. In fact ideal solution would be teleporting the whole ISIS to Russia, allowing two evils to battle  between themselves
It's telling that your "ideal solution" would lead to millions hundreds of thousands of people dying.

Are we still not allowed to call Ukrainians fascist?
._.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11738 on: October 09, 2014, 01:13:49 pm »

Yes, it has worked superbly for the USA the last 20-30 years.
Love, scriver~

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11739 on: October 09, 2014, 01:43:06 pm »

It's telling that your "ideal solution" would lead to millions hundreds of thousands of people dying.

Confirmed, every opponent of Third Reich in WW2 was fascist. They dreamed about German defeat. Something that resulted in millions of German Deaths

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11740 on: October 09, 2014, 01:57:28 pm »

Confirmed, every opponent of Third Reich in WW2 was fascist. They dreamed about German defeat. Something that resulted in millions of German Deaths
They did not call this the "ideal solution" IIRC. The "ideal solution" for the people in that war was "somebody kills the Hitler and all his cronies, after which Germany surrenders and the Nazis are judged for their crimes".
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11741 on: October 09, 2014, 02:07:43 pm »

In fact, in 1941 almost ideal solution happened. Two main evils of the world started the war. Unfortunately world decided to support one of evils. Calmly waiting till one of empires lost and striking would be better way to handle that war

Note that I don't propose to arm ISIS with Western arms against Russia. Any alliance with forces of evil is morally unacceptable. Even if it is lesser

unrelated:

Watching Belarus-Ukraine football match...

-Glory to Ukraine
-Glory to Heroes

That is music for my ears

Putin Khuilo is nice to hear, too
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 02:11:12 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11742 on: October 09, 2014, 02:37:26 pm »

They almost did that, until they saw the USSR winning. Only then the Allies have opened the second front.

And I really, really like your choices of words here.

Forces of evil? Really?
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11743 on: October 09, 2014, 02:52:12 pm »

They almost did that, until they saw the USSR winning. Only then the Allies have opened the second front.
Russian TV education  detected. North Africa, Landing in Italy, strategic bombing, land-lease.... That is not the second front

Forces of evil? Really?
Really. Putinism is a very dangerous evil ideology. Like Stalinism. 

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11744 on: October 09, 2014, 02:57:27 pm »

The second front in Europe, I mean. Strategic bombings were nice, but not nearly enough to make Germany pull back a sizable force from the Eastern front.

And you're very close to labeling 80% of Russians as evil. Because surprise-surprise, Putin actually has widespread support. And he doesn't need to kill all his political opponents with long knives to do so.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 1393